• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#201 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

Ok thanks; I recompiled the new version.
For SV spec I get the same DPS with 430-2 and the self compiled version from a few days ago (don't know the exact rev), but for MM spec I get different results.
I used this profile: Pastebin.com in both versions and got ~34644 dps for 430-2; and then in the new compiled version and I got ~35105 dps.
I checked the changes between 05.12.2011 (430-2) and today and there seem to be no changes for MM spec that could cause the dps changes. SV gets same DPS in both versions.

Anything wrong with simcraft here?

This is the change that is creating the difference:

Change aura_delay from 150ms to 500ms, affects munching/rolling of Ignite, Deep Wounds, Piercing Shots

#202 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

The talent changes to take advantage of the improvement to One With Nature (sometime during T12) did not get propagated to the normal mode survival hunter (Hunter_SV_T13N).
DPS Ranking:
 117389 100.0%  Raid
  41215  35.1%  Hunter_MM_T13N
  38298  32.6%  fix_OWN
  37876  32.3%  Hunter_SV_T13N
The hunter profile was taken from today's SVN repository, with 10k iterations and all buffs. The only change in "fix_OWN" is to use the OWN talent string from Hunter_SV_T13H, which I think reflects the typical talent spec. Also, though T12 is no longer compelling, it would be great to apply it there as well both for consistency and because that's where it was originally validated.

Spoiler

#203 jescide

jescide

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

First time simcraft user here. Apologies in advance if these questions are not up to EJ par. I just uploaded my hunters armoury profile. It has an R-19 Threatfinder that it isn't counting for my hit rating; is this a known bug, or am I doing it wrong? I'm also curious about how to change the sim from using ExT to BA, for exploratory purposes. (I have no real programming knowledge, I'm sorry.) Also I was reading on the SV thread that the ICD of LnL seems to be lower (~10-11.5 seconds), is there any truth to this? If so, then the sim is still running at the old 20 sec ICD. Is there any way to change the sim while we wait for a confirmation/update? Source: http://elitistjerks....21/#post2044058

**Soapbox speech removed by mod**

#204 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

First time simcraft user here. Apologies in advance if these questions are not up to EJ par. I just uploaded my hunters armoury profile. It has an R-19 Threatfinder that it isn't counting for my hit rating; is this a known bug, or am I doing it wrong? I'm also curious about how to change the sim from using ExT to BA, for exploratory purposes. (I have no real programming knowledge, I'm sorry.) Also I was reading on the SV thread that the ICD of LnL seems to be lower (~10-11.5 seconds), is there any truth to this? If so, then the sim is still running at the old 20 sec ICD. Is there any way to change the sim while we wait for a confirmation/update? Source: http://elitistjerks....21/#post2044058

R19 Threatfinder is implemented and we would need a profile to see why it's not working for you. I'm not sure how you're coming to your conclusion that the sim is using 20 seconds for LnL's ICD, as it has been set at 10 seconds since it was posted here: http://elitistjerks....31/#post2050744. You also don't need any programming knowledge to run SimC, you just need to glance at the documentation, StartersGuide - simulationcraft - A starters guide for Simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting.

#205 Carlaena

Carlaena

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

R19 Threatfinder is implemented and we would need a profile to see why it's not working for you. I'm not sure how you're coming to your conclusion that the sim is using 20 seconds for LnL's ICD, as it has been set at 10 seconds since it was posted here: http://elitistjerks....31/#post2050744. You also don't need any programming knowledge to run SimC, you just need to glance at the documentation, StartersGuide - simulationcraft - A starters guide for Simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting.

I'm not sure what it is, but there is a very large discrepancy with ES damage being modelled by SimCraft. The model is showing ES doing about 28% damage if using Explosive Trap, and about 25% if using Black Arrow. The vast majority of us use Black Arrow and not traps, and get about 3% more ES damage than Simcraft is showing...

Zehara seems to have the percentages really close to what we are seeing in-game.

#206 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

I'm not sure what it is, but there is a very large discrepancy with ES damage being modelled by SimCraft. The model is showing ES doing about 28% damage if using Explosive Trap, and about 25% if using Black Arrow. The vast majority of us use Black Arrow and not traps, and get about 3% more ES damage than Simcraft is showing...

Zehara seems to have the percentages really close to what we are seeing in-game.

In 4.2, I believe that the implementation of Explosive Shot was changed to extend the DoT with three ticks. If my analysis in the SV thread is right, then 4.3 requires another code change to ES (mostly back) to instead apply immediate shot damage and extend the DoT with two ticks (or start a new dot that doesn't tick until the first tick). Also the current action list typically inserts two actions before the third ES of a LnL, whereas it now appears that only a single action is required. Changing the time window on the ES action may be sufficient to address that once the ES implementation is changed.

#207 jescide

jescide

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

Thank you for directing me to the guides. I have received several upgrades in the past twenty-four hours and I am no longer using the R-19, therefore I cannot duplicate the results and unfortunately did not save the first batch of sims I ran. IIRC: on the 'Simulate' tab most items had enchants on them but it was not showing the enchant on the Lavabolt Crossbow. Whether this was a loading error that occurred multiple times, a bug, user error, or something else entirely is beyond me. I also figured out the Black Arrow problem, and it is due to my first-time-user incompetence, my apologies for that.

#208 Serkuss

Serkuss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

The 'Speaking of Rage' proc from Vishanka appears to be critting for 200% damage in Simcraft but only 150% on live.
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#209 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

The 'Speaking of Rage' proc from Vishanka appears to be critting for 200% damage in Simcraft but only 150% on live.
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

This was announced to be hot-fixed today to correctly crit for 200% like it should. Patch 4.3 Hotfixes - World of Warcraft, so looks like we're dandy.

#210 Serkuss

Serkuss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

AFAIK that is a fix which is live already concerning the crit chance rather than crit damage. It is definitely still critting for 150% on live.

#211 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

AFAIK that is a fix which is live already concerning the crit chance rather than crit damage. It is definitely still critting for 150% on live.

Well in that case, it's fixed in SVN now. r10811 - simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting

#212 pichuca

pichuca

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Now that SC supports 4.3.2 Black arrow should be used over Explosive trap on the SV profile, and maybe to do ES-AS-ES-AS-ES for LnL when above 70 focus. the Black arrow change should bump it at least 2k DPS

#213 Hirgux

Hirgux

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi,
when sim'ing my char I see a big difference in the Sic'Em uptime that simcraft (432-2) gives me for my char and the one I got on several ultraxion fights.
Start	Refresh	Interval	Trigger	Up-Time	Benefit
35.4	2.6	12.4sec	   11.5sec 	13%	26%
Simcraft shows me 13% uptime, while on several ultraxionfights 50%-55% - Any idea why this might be?

Also I tried to sim whether to spec into 1/2 or 2/2 Wild Hunt; in contrast to the beliefs in the community at the moment 1/2 gives me ~100dps more than 2/2.
For the damage of claw I get
non-crit 4147 crit 8295 with 1/2 WH
non-crit 4113 crit 8214 with 2/2 WH
whereas claw as the basic attack should benefit from WH and do more damage.

#214 pichuca

pichuca

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

it does more damage, but the average is lower. Anyway SimC undervalues WH and overall pet damage. My pet is already doing more damage on 10m H ultraxion with 399 ilvl than the pet from the BiS profile, and still the 3% damage buff missing

#215 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

We are gradually bringing the hunter module online. It is still quite incomplete and inaccurate, but will be getting improved over the next month. I have been unable to get the beta working reliably, though, so will have trouble getting measurements to compare against for debugging purposes. I'm interested in all sorts of scenarios, but at least initially, narrow ones will be most helpful. Pets are not yet supported, so all scenarios without pets:
  • BM and SV with just serpent sting and cobra shot
  • normal SV rotation
  • normal BM rotation
  • MM with just serpent sting, steady pairs, and chimera
  • MM normal rotation
  • Something with Kill Shots
Target dummy results are just fine for most information at this point, with information about any ancillary buffs/debuffs (even your own; e.g., including is hunter's mark up?). We will certainly need precision information on multipliers and the like, but right now I'm looking for major gaps in the conversion from Cata code like "serpent sting should be critting for 2x rather than 1.5x". Thanks for your patience and help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users