• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#41 Hagen

Hagen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

For your information/confirmation: Testing again with haste scaling of -167 and 10k iterations fixed it and shows a scaling far more what one would expect. Thanks for the advice.

Hunter_T8_00_15_56         Agi=1.50  Sta=0.27  Int=0.54  AP=0.51  ArPen=1.15  Hit=2.26  Crit=0.89  Haste=1.12  Wdps=3.89  Lag=7.40
  Hunter_T8_01_15_55         Agi=1.57  Sta=0.27  Int=0.60  AP=0.55  ArPen=1.14  Hit=2.21  Crit=0.93  Haste=1.05  Wdps=3.89  Lag=6.59
  Hunter_T8_02_15_54         Agi=1.54  Sta=0.28  Int=0.62  AP=0.55  ArPen=1.20  Hit=2.20  Crit=0.90  Haste=1.04  Wdps=3.93  Lag=6.66

#42 Garf

Garf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm at a bit of a loss. I understand that I need to enter the raw gear contributions for my gear if I want to use that. So to figure out where to pull the numbers from (assuming that manually addind that up for everything isn't the way to go), I checked out the chardev link given in Hunter_T7_15_51_05.simcraft (which is closest to me). Now, comparing the numbers given by chardev for pretty much anything, I get different numbers than what's listed in the .simcraft. For example, chardev says 641 crit rating, yet the .simcraft uses gear_crit_rating=648. Agi I can't find a pure summary on chardev.org at all. Hit gives 230 vs gear_hit_rating=263, AP 3732 (which appears to include agi?) and gear_attack_power=2239 - so basically, it appears to be all over the place.

So that gives two questions: Is there a simple way to get the base stats needed (especially agi)? And what's the deal with the mentioned discrepancies?

Also, I tried to find a list of what's actually implemented with regards to trinkets, glyphs etc, but am not finding one. Does that exist?

#43 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:59 AM

I'm at a bit of a loss. I understand that I need to enter the raw gear contributions for my gear if I want to use that. So to figure out where to pull the numbers from (assuming that manually addind that up for everything isn't the way to go), I checked out the chardev link given in Hunter_T7_15_51_05.simcraft (which is closest to me). Now, comparing the numbers given by chardev for pretty much anything, I get different numbers than what's listed in the .simcraft. For example, chardev says 641 crit rating, yet the .simcraft uses gear_crit_rating=648. Agi I can't find a pure summary on chardev.org at all. Hit gives 230 vs gear_hit_rating=263, AP 3732 (which appears to include agi?) and gear_attack_power=2239 - so basically, it appears to be all over the place.

So that gives two questions: Is there a simple way to get the base stats needed (especially agi)? And what's the deal with the mentioned discrepancies?

Also, I tried to find a list of what's actually implemented with regards to trinkets, glyphs etc, but am not finding one. Does that exist?

That chardev profile seems to be the wrong one for the values. E.g. it uses profession perks, JC and BS.
Glyphs and trinkets should all be supported, it's always just the name in all lowercase and spaces replaced by underscores, glyphs also tend to remove the first 'of'
Glyph of Steady Shot => glyph_steady_shot=1
Fury of the Five Flights => fury_of_the_five _flights=1

And you always enter just your stats from gear without talents/buffs.
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#44 Naesstrom

Naesstrom

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

hmm, I just have a small question, probably just missunderstanding it all...
I'm using simcraft with pawn addon and just entering the scales into the addon... I capped my hit last night and the simcraft run shows 0% misses, but it still gives me the highest scale value on hit with 1.59! shouldn't that be lower since I don't need any more of it?

#45 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

hmm, I just have a small question, probably just missunderstanding it all...
I'm using simcraft with pawn addon and just entering the scales into the addon... I capped my hit last night and the simcraft run shows 0% misses, but it still gives me the highest scale value on hit with 1.59! shouldn't that be lower since I don't need any more of it?

Stats that cap out, Hit and Expertise, derive their scaling with negativ deltas.
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#46 Naesstrom

Naesstrom

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Stats that cap out, Hit and Expertise, derive their scaling with negativ deltas.

sorry to be sounding stupid... but what does that mean in english :D

#47 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

It means that instead of looking at how much dps you gain by adding 250 hit rating, we look at how much you lose by removing 250 hit rating.

#48 Hagen

Hagen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

Concerning Precision Shots (4 pieces T8 bonus):

// FIXME: Does it have a cooldown?

This should be 45s.

// FIXME: does it need to hit to proc?

ASSUMPTION: The wording implies it just needs Steady Shot to be cast.

#49 Lurgllgluh

Lurgllgluh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Armory imports have been implemented (and mostly tested now) for simcraft. You can run like this:

simcraft armory=us,realm,playername

(and any other options you want). This will import "playername" and all that player's gear, enchants, gems, talents, etc from wowarmory and run a simulation for that player, with a default action list. If you want to save/edit the effective configuration that this would be using, you can do:

simcraft armory=us,realm,playername save_profiles=1

This will write a config file called save_playername.simcraft which you can tweak and then use on subsequent runs.

This all should provide a nice convenient way to run simulations on your actual toons without having to manually copy info from armory into a .simcraft file

#50 Hagen

Hagen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

Great feature, thank you for your good work!

Some small issues I found during my first test:
-ammo isn't loaded/added to the config file (add a default value?)
-there is no pet family set (add wolf as default?)
-the armor penetration on my Boots of the Renewed Flight wasn't read correctly (was missing)

#51 Lurgllgluh

Lurgllgluh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

Great feature, thank you for your good work!

I didn't implement most of it :) But thanks.

-ammo isn't loaded/added to the config file (add a default value?)

Armory doesn't tell you what ammo is equipped, unfortunately. Good catch though that we're using "0" as a default. I'll switch that to use the equivalent of Saronite Razorheads by default.

there is no pet family set (add wolf as default?)

It is set. It's just set in the action list. When it does "summon_pet" there, it'll summon a wolf unless you use a summon_pet option to override that.

the armor penetration on my Boots of the Renewed Flight wasn't read correctly (was missing)

Looks like the parser was looking for "armor penetration" instead of "armor penetration rating". I'll fix that.

Thanks for the feedback. I notice that you figured out that to do a realm with a space in the name, you need to use url-escaping on the space (ie simcraft armory=eu,Der%20Mithrilorden,Lunaera or simcraft armory=eu,Der+Mithrilorden,Lunaera )

#52 Mancer

Mancer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Armory doesn't tell you what ammo is equipped, unfortunately. Good catch though that we're using "0" as a default. I'll switch that to use the equivalent of Saronite Razorheads by default.

It's not shown on the display page, but the XML page source has arrows included as an item with slot="-1".

#53 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:26 AM

Edit: Ack, delete please, didn't notice there was another page of replies.

#54 Kharthus

Kharthus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Can't get armory import to work. Getting this error:

simcraft armory=us,deathwing,kharthus

@@simcraft: Unknown option/value pair: 'armory' : 'us,deathwing,kharthus'
simcraft: ERROR! Incorrect option format..

Using build 2769.

#55 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

Interesting. Apparently the US armory shows pet specs too while the EU armory doesn't. That's something we should take advantage of in the future, but for now I changed the armory parsing code to not blow up because of it. If you try 2772 or later, it should work now.

#56 Hagen

Hagen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hope this isn't fixed yet: Enchanted Tear (prismatic gem +6 all stats) isn't recognized during armory import.

#57 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

Fixed in 2774. Keep 'em coming!

#58 Kharthus

Kharthus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

The url for the talent spec isn't correct. Mine was talent-calc.xml?c=hunter, but on the WoW site it's talent-calc.xml?cid=3

#59 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

The url for the talent spec isn't correct. Mine was talent-calc.xml?c=hunter, but on the WoW site it's talent-calc.xml?cid=3

For those working SVN and living on the ragged edge, this has been fixed in r2775. For everybody else, I should have a new release out Sunday when I return from vacation.

#60 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

For those of you who don't mind building from trunk (living on the ragged edge as dedmon puts it), I've added armory pet parsing and it could use some testing. We still only support cats, wolves, raptors, devilsaurs and wind serpents, but if you've got one of those, you can try it with arguments on the form

simcraft "armory=eu,The+Sha'tar,Xavier" summon_pet=Spot
simcraft "armory=eu,The+Sha'tar,Xavier" summon_pet=Bad

(Spot being the name of my cat, Bad the name of my wolf)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users