• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#201 shauns

shauns

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Im playing with some macros for tanking, so far they seem to work well... im wanting to test adding rune strike to them though..

here are my macros as follows (each set is its own macro)

/castsequence reset=combat/target/10 Death and Decay,Blood Boil,Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Pestilence,Howling Blast,Horn of Winter,Death and Decay
/cast !Rune Strike

/castsequence reset=combat/target/10 Howling Blast,Blood Boil,Pestilence,Howling Blast,Death and Decay
/cast !Rune Strike

/castsequence reset=combat/target/10 Howling Blast,Blood Boil,Pestilence,Howling Blast,Death and Decay
/cast !Rune Strike

/castsequence reset=combat/target/10 Death and Decay,Howling Blast,Blood boil,Horn of Winter,Pestilence,Howling Blast
/cast !Rune Strike

so 4 macros to allow for 4 button tanking, my question is, will the !Rune Strike work in this?

For Example:
HB, BB (Rune Strike is now avail) it will switch to Rune Strike?

#202 lwsplking

lwsplking

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

I have a few macro's that are acting up on me:

#ShowToolTip
/Cast Heart Strike
/Cast !Rune Strike

and

#ShowToolTip
/Cast Scourge Strike
/Cast !Rune Strike
/PetAttack

When swapping spec's, the macro applies the rank 1 version of the HS or SS rather than the Rank 6 or Rank 4 respectively. Popping open the macro window, placing the cursor in the macro text section, and then simply selecting another macro seems to reset the macro and then apply the appropriate rank...but has required that I do this every time I change spec.

This only occurs with these two abilities...I have all of my abilities macro'd in this fashion to help me control my pet actions in my UH spec and to ensure that if Rune Strike is available I am using it.

Anyone else noticing this? Is there anything in these macro's that could be causing this? Macro's in game are written just as they are here.

#203 KnThrak

KnThrak

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

It works for me, but I have the order of RS and <otherstrike> reversed. I also use #show <otherstrike> at the top.
Best file that as a bug with Blizzard if you can reproduce it, sounds like an oversight.
SQUEAK.
-- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

#204 Illu

Illu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:34 AM

Yes, you need to put the runestrike line before the regular cast, basically reverse the order. Basically what the above poster said :)

As for the skill ranks, i have also noticed this and it seems to be mainly abilities that you get from talents (such as SS and HS in this case) so it's definitely some kind of bug. However, i am not entirely sure that it's an actual performance bug or just a tooltip bug. But sometimes they do indeed display rank 1..

#205 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

When swapping spec's, the macro applies the rank 1 version of the HS or SS rather than the Rank 6 or Rank 4 respectively. Popping open the macro window, placing the cursor in the macro text section, and then simply selecting another macro seems to reset the macro and then apply the appropriate rank...but has required that I do this every time I change spec.

This only occurs with these two abilities...I have all of my abilities macro'd in this fashion to help me control my pet actions in my UH spec and to ensure that if Rune Strike is available I am using it.

Anyone else noticing this? Is there anything in these macro's that could be causing this? Macro's in game are written just as they are here.

Just use this in your macro:

/cast Heart Strike(Rank 6)
Or
/cast Scourge Strike(Rank 4)

#206 Talibb

Talibb

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

I've been having problems with my Blood tap/UA/Cancelaura blood tap macro. Sometimes it cancels the blood tap before UA ever goes off, and no amount of different ordering of commands has changed that. For now, I've settled for making a different macro just for /cancelaura Blood tap, and hitting it after I blood tap/UA. If anyone has a macro that does it all in 1 button and doesn't randomly fail, I'd like to try it.

For reference, I've tried:
/cast Blood tap
/cast Unbreakable armor
/cancelaura Blood tap

and

/cancelaura Blood tap
/cast Blood Tap
/cast Unbreakable armor

#207 Melchior

Melchior

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

I have a few macro's that are acting up on me:

#ShowToolTip
/Cast Heart Strike
/Cast !Rune Strike

and

#ShowToolTip
/Cast Scourge Strike
/Cast !Rune Strike
/PetAttack

Just change Heart Strike and Scourge Strike to Heart Strike(Rank 6) and Scourge Strike(Rank 4) in the macros. You can use the (Rank #) function on all your ability macros that use strikes/spells with multiple ranks (even though we can only see the highest rank in the spell book).

I've been having problems with my Blood tap/UA/Cancelaura blood tap macro. Sometimes it cancels the blood tap before UA ever goes off, and no amount of different ordering of commands has changed that. For now, I've settled for making a different macro just for /cancelaura Blood tap, and hitting it after I blood tap/UA. If anyone has a macro that does it all in 1 button and doesn't randomly fail, I'd like to try it.

For reference, I've tried:
/cast Blood tap
/cast Unbreakable armor
/cancelaura Blood tap

and

/cancelaura Blood tap
/cast Blood Tap
/cast Unbreakable armor

It will fail like that when you hit the button too quickly. The /cancelaura command can be sent as many times as you want, so by the time the server gives you the Blood Tap you've removed the aura before you can send the Bone Shield command off.

I don't think there's a solid way to macro around this because the /cancelaura command doesn't have to wait for anything. I would either be a little more methodical when hitting the macro or simply leave the /cancelaura command off and tie it to a different keystroke.
Posted Image

#208 Ratak - US KT

Ratak - US KT

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

Instead of /cancelaura use ...
/run if (UnitBuff("player","Unbreakable Armor") and UnitBuff("player","Blood Tap")) then CancelUnitBuff("player","Blood Tap") end
This ensures the buffs have been applied before canceling them.

#209 Redroach

Redroach

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:12 AM

Forgive me, but why do you want to cancel the Blood Tap buff in the first place? The only reason I can think of is that the Death Rune switches back to Blood at a potentially inconvenient time, but I would consider that a relatively minor issue, compared to having a "constant" Death Rune for two cooldown periods. Am I missing something?

#210 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Forgive me, but why do you want to cancel the Blood Tap buff in the first place? The only reason I can think of is that the Death Rune switches back to Blood at a potentially inconvenient time, but I would consider that a relatively minor issue, compared to having a "constant" Death Rune for two cooldown periods. Am I missing something?

It can mess up your rotation pretty badly. For example, your SS or Oblit can use one Death rune (that was blood) and one Frost Rune (instead of the intended Frost/Unholy rune), which messes the rune cooldowns up. The rune system prefers to use Death runes before normal runes.

I have /cancelaura Blood Tap with my Blood Strike macro to help prevent that in cast I hit Tap when I don't mean to.

#211 Valustria

Valustria

Banned

• Banned
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

The rune system prefers to use Death runes before normal runes.

Are you sure about that? It has been my experience that normal runes are used before Death runes whenever possible. I would notice this when I'd go on a Heart Strike spree while tanking. Bs would always be used before Ds. And I often delay refreshing diseases via Pestilence (and Glyph of Disease) until the last second because I want to use a B so that I can keep the Fs and Us (that are Ds) on simultaneous cooldown for Death Strike.
Neridia - 80 Blood Elf Death Knight

"In emptiness there is good, but no evil. Wisdom exists, logic exists, the way exists, and the mind is empty."
~ Miyamoto Musashi, The Scroll of Emptiness, The Book of Five Rings

Feel free to ignore me.

#212 Redroach

Redroach

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Yes, I think valustria is right. Normal runes are used before Death runes. However, I see the point: If you happen to have your unholy rune from PS (for example) just cooled down while all frost runes are still on cooldown, you have your Obliterate/whatever up and if you hit it, you use an Oblit with UD, which has the potential to cause some rotation problems.
But I still think that that cancelaura is desired for me. I'm specced frost right now which uses a priority system instead of a fixed rotation and my second/previous choice of speccing would be/was Blood, where UA is not available and it uses mostly Death runes anyway.
Besides that, if I happen to use an UD Oblit, then so be it, I'll use Death runes from that point on until it evens out by itself, or per the next BT/UA. So, I guess that /cancelaura is more of a matter of personal preference.

#213 Valustria

Valustria

Banned

• Banned
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

Here's a decent "Oh shit!" macro that I've been using ever since I got the :

#showtooltip Icebound Fortitude
/use Corroded Skeleton Key
/cast Icebound Fortitude

Now, I have just one question about this, but it pertains more to the mechanics. Is there any reason I shouldn't want to use both the trinket and that ability at the same time? Does the order of operations for determining damage waste either effect when used together?
Neridia - 80 Blood Elf Death Knight

"In emptiness there is good, but no evil. Wisdom exists, logic exists, the way exists, and the mind is empty."
~ Miyamoto Musashi, The Scroll of Emptiness, The Book of Five Rings

Feel free to ignore me.

#214 Amiro

Amiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

You wouldn't want all your cooldowns up at the same time in case chaining them is prefered - think of Fester at 3rd inhale.

Also using name of trinket in macro may not be the best idea if you happen to switch them between fights.
Trinkets can be used by:
/use 13
/use 14

#215 Talibb

Talibb

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

Instead of /cancelaura use ...

/run if (UnitBuff("player","Unbreakable Armor") and UnitBuff("player","Blood Tap")) then CancelUnitBuff("player","Blood Tap") end
This ensures the buffs have been applied before canceling them.

Thanks much, this is exactly what I needed.

Edit: For the reasoning for cancelaura'ing blood tap, I usually UA after doing 3x oblits. If you don't cancel the blood tap, it will run off and turn a death rune into a blood rune on the next rune refresh that will be 3x obliterates, forcing you to use 2 blood strikes or bs/pest to fix the rune refreshes up,

#216 TheOSC

TheOSC

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

Haven't seen this one yet and for any one who is not unholy this macro is defiantly worth while.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=60 Raise Dead, Death Pact

Basically it summons your ghoul then for the 60 seconds he is up will display Death Pact, after 60 seconds (ghoul will die) it resets to displaying Raise Dead so you can see your cool down remaining and activate it asap.

Another one I like for blood and unholy specs is

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/target/4 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence
/cast !Rune Strike

You can't really use it on frost specs as as rime procs and preventing PS from falling off require that both Howling Blast (replaces IT) and PS have dedicated buttons. But it is a great macro for starting off a fight and works well as the dedicated Icy Touch button on both blood and unholy.

#217 redcomet

redcomet

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Oh cool thread, glad someone bumped it
Here are the ones I use, mostly stolen from this thread and adapted for latest Cataclysm changes

Frost DPS

All Strikes
/cast [Strike name]
/cast !Rune Strike

Howling Blast
#showtooltip Howling Blast
/Startattack
/cast Howling Blast

Start attacking when HB is used

Lichborne
#showtooltip Lichborne
/cast LichBorne
/cast [target=player] Death Coil

Little extra healing for when you pop LB

Ghoul
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,dead,friendly] Raise Ally
/stopmacro [target=mouseover,dead,friendly]
/target Risen Ghoul
/cast [target=target,exists,nodead]Death Pact;Raise Dead
/targetlasttarget
/stopmacro [noexists] [help]

This macro will use raise ally if mousing over a friendly dead player. Most unit frames will allow you to simply mouse over their window on your screen, do not worry about finding dead bodies. Otherwise it will cast Raise Dead if there is no ghoul up already, if there is it will cast death pact.
Might not be the BEST way to work all that in, but it seems that using target=pet will only work for Unholy DKs sadly.

Unholy DPS

Dark Transformation
#showtooltip Dark Transformation
/cast [target=player] Unholy Frenzy
/cast Dark Transformation

Cast UF when DT is used, not necessary but I thought it was a good place to run an instant cast

Ghoul
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,dead,friendly] Raise Ally
/stopmacro [target=mouseover,dead,friendly]
/cast [target=pet,exists,nodead]Death Pact;Raise Dead
/stopmacro [noexists] [help]

Much easier macro since you can use target=pet. Will cast raise ally on mouse over target or if none exist, will cast death pack if pet is up, otherwise raise dead

Misc

Strangulate
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead,nomod] Strangulate; [mod:ctrl] Mind Freeze; [mod:shift] Arcane Torrent; [nomod] Strangulate

Mouse over strang target, or current target if not mouseover exists. If ctrl is pressed Mind freeze, if shift is pressed, arcane torrent

Death Grip
#showtooltip Death Grip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] Death Grip

Death grip current mouse over target or current target if not mousing over

#218 Felstone

Felstone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

Mass self heal
#showtooltip