Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

It will cast both if you have 60+ RP. My Frost Strike Macro is simply:
#showtooltip Frost Strike
/cast !Rune Strike
/cast Frost Strike

This means if I have 40 RP, the button lights up (because the icon is for Frost Strike), however if I could cast Rune Strike and I have less than 60 RP, then only Rune Strike is cast. If I have 60+ RP, Frost Strike is cast and Rune Strike is queued for the next attack swing. Remember, Rune Strike works just like Heroic Strike, it applies on next auto-attack but you queue it up just before.

For my macro of rune strike, death coil, this does not happen, I've tested it out at 60+ rune power. It will only do one or the other, but definitely does not do both, I'm not sure why.

I might need to test this out more and check the combat log, but my MSBT does not register a death coil when using it.

#22 Khaosknight

Khaosknight

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

That's my DRW macro, which for some reason doesn't work 100 % properly. Trinkets + Hysteria work perfectly, DRW + Raise Dead do not. I do have to cast these two manually all the time and I just don't know why. If I removed that cleartarget thingy DRW works indeed but attacks from the front instead of from behind. Raise Dead doesn't work under no circumstances.

If anyone could fix this I guess this addon might be a good help for many people.

Cheers

Thats because Hysteria/Trinkets share the same length cooldown, but DRW is on a 3 minute Cooldown, so since you have the ability Hysteria placed first, it will light up every 2 minutes, even if you can't use DRW yet. Switching DRW and Hysteria *might* solve the problem. Adding a #showtooltip command could help too.

#23 CoroHD

CoroHD

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Rather than make a macro to bind horn of winter or rune strike to all my abilities, I just added specific triggers to the Parrot scrolling combat text addon.

See: here and here.

Adding a trigger is as simple as selecting triggers in the drop down menu and clicking new trigger, giving the trigger an output and designating it a death knight trigger, and giving it an event to trigger off of (in this case rune strike is an incoming parry).

Then you just enter what the icon is (just enter the name of whatever ability the trigger is, ie horn of winter for horn of winter falling off) and check it as a sticky and your pretty much golden. I use this for Rune Strike, keeping up Horn of Winter, Death Trance Proc's, and freezing cold or whatever the free howling blast proc is. I'm sure there are other useful triggers you could add (bone shield charges used up, etc), but my DK is only an alt and lvl 70 so those four are the only ones I've encountered so far.

#24 oll

oll

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

I didn't know this addon. Thank you for linking it : it looks very powerful.
For the moment, I used TellMeWhen for telling me if Horn of Winter is down, but I was looking for something that warns when "HoW is down AND I've no strength of earth totem buff" : looking at your screenshots, it seems that Parrot can do the trick.

#25 Bigwang

Bigwang

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

I am looking for a macro which casts FS on normal button (like 5) and casts DC on shift.

Unfortunately the search function doesn't find abbrevations, so I was unlucky there.

#26 Ghaash

Ghaash

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

I am looking for a macro which casts FS on normal button (like 5) and casts DC on shift.

Unfortunately the search function doesn't find abbrevations, so I was unlucky there.

Maybe you should read up some macro basics here: Making a macro - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

The "!" prevents Rune Strike from being toggled off in case you were to hit the button twice by accident before your next auto attack landed.

Rune Strike can't be toggled off by clicking a "/cast Rune Strike" macro multiple times.

#27 mahal

mahal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

How can you make this macro work so that it will use strangulate on your current target if you aren't mousing over someone? Can you just add "/cast Strangulate" at the beginning?

If you add an empty set of brackets after the mouseover part, it will strangulate your current target assuming you dont have the mouse hovering over anything.

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [] Strangulate

#28 SirLagsalot

SirLagsalot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod] reset=45 Anti-Magic Shell, Anti-Magic Zone
/castsequence [nomod] reset=10 Mind Freeze, Strangulate
/cast leap
/cast gnaw

#29 dkRekki

dkRekki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

How can you make this macro work so that it will use strangulate on your current target if you aren't mousing over someone? Can you just add "/cast Strangulate" at the beginning?

I personally use :

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Strangulate; [nomod] Strangulate; [mod:shift] Mind Freeze; [mod:ctrl] Arcane Torrent;

it will strangulate the mouseover target, if there is none it will strangulate ur current target. if you hold shift it will mind freeze, and if you hold ctrl it will arcane torrent.

if you just want to for strangulate try:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Strangulate; Strangulate;

#30 endles

endles

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I noticed that some death knight uses this macro:

/cancelaura freezing fog

I can understand that it is a macro for DW specc but what i dont understand is what it does
and why it is useful to cancel freezing fog which is a free howling blast?

#31 Gumibear

Gumibear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

Cancelling Freezing Fog forces Howling Blast to use runes. A free Howling Blast does not generate the 15 Runic Power one would get from casting Howling Blast with runes. Using the free Howling Blast leaves you with less RP and 2 runes to use up. Since Howling Blast is on a cooldown, these leftover runes cannot be used as efficiently. An Icy Touch may be worthwhile, but an extra Plague Strike usually is not.

A used Freezing Fog proc will cause people to break from their rotations. Some people cannot or do not want to change their rotations, so they use the cancel macro to simplify their ability usage.

#32 endles

endles

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

ahhh i understand and it will uptimize dps i guess to keep the rotation at all times.

So i guess putting /cancelaura freezing fog
into your macro will solve it.

Thx for your rather quick answer.

#33 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Shameless self plug:

Grab ReasonRime from my sig. It will '/cancelaura Freezing Fog' only if you don't have the runes to cast Howling Blast (it takes Death runes into account). This lets you get the RP from HB if you have the runes, and lets you get the free-cast if you don't.

#34 Zurm

Zurm

The Ultimate in /facepalm Technology

• Members
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Just an FYI, there is a very extensive list of macros for DKs on Arena Junkies, found here.
Back, semi-casual, and proud of it.

#35 Ren

Ren

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Allowing Gnaw to be a toggled pet ability makes life much easier for PvPing with good pet control, and in the odd chance you need a stun in PvE.

A macro to replace the vanilla pet attack button:
/petautocaston Claw
/petautocaston Leap
/petautocastoff Gnaw
/petattack

I consider that to be the normal state for the pet. Another macro puts him in stun-as-soon-as-you-can state, and wont spend energy on claw:
/petautocastoff Claw
/petautocaston Leap
/petautocaston Gnaw
/petattack

Just have to be sure to set him back to normal if you want him to put out any kind of DPS. I've got my pet bar arranged in such a way so that the highlights on claw and gnaw are clearly visible as pet state indicator, and it works out pretty well.

These macros aren't needed anymore since 3.0.8. Your ghoul will constantly pool up 70 energy before Clawing so it will always be able to Gnaw on command.

Here are some I use, to save space:

Runic Power Dump (Frost)
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl] Death Coil; [mod:alt,target=player] Death Coil; Frost Strike
/cast Rune Strike

Pet Control
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=300 Raise Dead, Death Pact

Pet Control (Unholy)
#showtooltip
/cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Raise Dead
/stopmacro [nopet]
/cast [pet] Gnaw
/petautocaston Leap
/stopmacro [pet]

Strangulate
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus,exists] Strangulate; Strangulate

Death and Decay
#showtooltip
/cast [equipped:Fishing Pole] Fishing; [mod:ctrl] Army of the Dead; Death and Decay

Icy Touch
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod:ctrl] Path of Frost; Icy Touch

Generic FU
#showtooltip [mod:ctrl] Death Strike; Scourge Strike
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/startattack
/cast [mod:ctrl] Death Strike; Scourge Strike
/cast Rune Strike

Plague Strike
#showtooltip [mod:ctrl] Lichborne; [mod:alt] Death Gate; Plague Strike
/petattack
/startattack
/cast [mod:ctrl] Lichborne; [mod:alt] Death Gate; Plague Strike

Death Grip
#showtooltip
/target Power Spark
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=player] Leap; [mod:shift,target=focus,exists] Death Grip; Death Grip

Pestilence
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Blood Boil; Pestilence
/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4

#36 kelben

kelben

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier] Death Coil; [mod:alt,target=pet] Death Coil; [mod:shift] Death strike
Haste is the devil...

#37 endles

endles

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Shameless self plug:

Grab ReasonRime from my sig. It will '/cancelaura Freezing Fog' only if you don't have the runes to cast Howling Blast (it takes Death runes into account). This lets you get the RP from HB if you have the runes, and lets you get the free-cast if you don't.

im not sure why , but i followed the link from your sig and put the addon in the folder.
Then i logged in and at my character sheet i could see the addon as active.
I went to a dummy and started using my rotation. I noticed that i got freezing fog and then i tried to use
some other abilities so it wouldnt use HB.
When does the addon cancel the aura?
I had to use HB to cancel the aura(aka use the free HB) or wait with not using any abilities
which will trigger freezing fog.
You dont have to activate do you? Does it only work in groups?

#38 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Use:
/script ReasonRime()
Instead of "/cancelaura Freezing Fog" in the macro. I thought the Curse page said that...I will fix it.

#39 Somaticdeath

Somaticdeath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

Is there any way to write a HB macro with Deathchill (If "Killing Machine" aura doesn't exist)?
Since deathchill is no longer consumed with KM, it's imperative to be used on a harder hitting ability like HB. I don't want a /cast deathchill macro if it's still going to be up for IT.

I know it'll be wrong, but an opening idea like:
#showtooltip Howling Blast
/cancelaura Freezing Fog
/cast [aura=KillingMachine,noexists] Deathchill
/cast Howling Blast

#40 sarf

sarf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

You can not make modifiers based on buffs or debuffs. Blizzards intent is to ensure that which spell gets cast is a choice performed by the user.

If, however, casting Deathchill does NOT invoke the global cooldown then you can always do a /cast Deathchill before the /cast Howling Blast.
"Let me be clear... I am prepared to claim any level of incompetence, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid culpability." SMBC #2387

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users