217 replies to this topic

#41 Somaticdeath

Somaticdeath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

You gave me a good idea.

In this case, it will still be activated by the user, but only on a modifier. It would be easier to make a macro which would cast BOTH deathchill and HB on a modifier; and without the modifier would only cast HB.

#showtooltip Howling Blast
/cancelaura Freezing Fog
/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill; [mod:shift] Howling Blast; [nomodifier] Howling Blast;

So holding shift+the keybind, deathchill will active as well as hb. If you see a km proc, you simply press the key without shift and hb will go unchanged.

#42 Azrael

Azrael

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

You gave me a good idea.

In this case, it will still be activated by the user, but only on a modifier. It would be easier to make a macro which would cast BOTH deathchill and HB on a modifier; and without the modifier would only cast HB.

/cancelaura Freezing Fog
/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill; [mod:shift] Howling Blast; [nomodifier] Howling Blast;

So holding shift+the keybind, deathchill will active as well as hb. If you see a km proc, you simply press the key without shift and hb will go unchanged.

can any button work as a modifier? i.e mouse 3, mouse 4, mouse 5?

#43 Somaticdeath

Somaticdeath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

Yes, it just wouldn't have a space.

I.e. [mod:mouse4]

#44 Frostx

Frostx

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

e: mis-reply

#45 Husnan

Husnan

Banned

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Couldn't find it with the "search button", and since i suck at macros..

Is it possible to have a macro that does the following :

Did Rime proc?
If it did, cast Howling Blast
Else cast Obliterate

I'd like to replace my HB button with it, in single-target fights

Thanks in advance

#46 sarf

sarf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Did Rime proc?
If it did, cast Howling Blast
Else cast Obliterate

I'd like to replace my HB button with it, in single-target fights

Thanks in advance

No, that is not possible. The limitations of the macro system are quite severe, even if you can get around them by using the macro logic against them sometime (using a /cast Lightning Bolt /stopcasting macro as a Enhancement Shaman in order to use up a five-stacked Maelstrom Weapon for instance).
"Let me be clear... I am prepared to claim any level of incompetence, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid culpability." SMBC #2387

#47 Squiggle

Squiggle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

I'm a big fan of sacrificing my little dude to appease the DPS Gods and as I've not seen anyone post one as good as mine here it is:

#showtooltip Raise Dead
/cast [modifier:shift] Death Pact
/target pet
/cast Corpse Explosion
/targetlasttarget
/script if UnitIsDead("pet") then PetDismiss(); end
/cast [nopet] Raise Dead

Assign it to a button and spam! The script section gets rid of your dead Ghoul so you can summon again immediately.

#48 Sulihin

Sulihin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

You gave me a good idea.

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

Does this actually work? From my understanding of the macro system, as soon as it finds a valid condition, it performs that part of the macro then moves to the next line. So you would want:

#showtooltip Howling blast
/cancelaura Freezing Fog
/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill;
/cast Howling Blast

if Deathchill has no GCD, this will cast it if shift is pressed then cast howling blast either way. If deathchill has a GCD (I'm unholy and have never used it, sorry) then it wouldn't cast howling blast.
Posted Image

#49 Vilbane

Vilbane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Is there anyone who uses a cast sequence macro for their rotations?

And if so could we get some of those posted?

I personally suck at writing macro's so i love all the work you guys put into these!

#50 Tharvos

Tharvos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

I use a

/petpassive
/cast [target=Tharvos] Leap

macro in order to "evacuate" my pet whenever the raid has to move. But what i like to know is, whether something like this is possible somehow, or not:

/petpassive
/cast [target=Tharvos] Leap
/if Leap casted (or on cooldown) petstay

I "need" this, because sometimes the leap target is to far away from the ghoul, so he won't leap towards it and just stay where he is and die in a voidzone or flamewall because of this.

So i try to create a macro which i can spam, that recalls the pet (/petpassive) and as soon as the pet was able to leap to Mr.X he should switch into the petstay mode.
Is this somehow possible?
My english isn't perfect, but i hope you can understand it.

#51 slant

slant

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Petpassive orders your pet not to attack anything without an explicit petattack command. It doesn't force the pet to come to you. Use petfollow for that.

That won't work if you want it to move to another friendly target, of course, although I'm not really sure why that would be necessary.

#52 Tharvos

Tharvos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

When you change the petmode to passive, it will "follow" automatically. That is the intention behind that, so that if the pet is out of leaprange to me, it will move towards me (while i keep spamming the button) and as soon as it is in range, the pet casts leap.
After that it should stay.
My english isn't perfect, but i hope you can understand it.

#53 Aquarian

Aquarian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

You run the risk of getting Runic starved at the wrong time by the previously mentioned macro for autocasting Rune Strike. I solved that by changing it to give me control over when I autocast

For example Icy Touch:

#showtooltip
/cast Icy Touch
/cast [nomodifier] !Rune Strike

The [nomodifier] lets you hold down shift, ctrl or alt and not autocast Rune Strike

#54 rickf

rickf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

Could you show me how to write a macro that would call Death Grip if it is off cool-down and call Dark Command if it's not?

Thank you.

#55 Goetterdaemmerung

Goetterdaemmerung

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

Could you show me how to write a macro that would call Death Grip if it is off cool-down and call Dark Command if it's not?

Thank you.

You cannot macro this.

#56 Korrie

Korrie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

A simple macro to get a bigger heal from Death Pact as Blood.

/castsequence Raise Dead(Rank 1), Vampiric Blood, Death Pact

#57 Miltiades

Miltiades

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

Thank you.

You cannot macro this.

Ok my first post. Woot. I did macroing a lot pre BC and BC. And you could macro this easily.

Dark Command has 8 Sec CD So you can cast it only 4 times before Death Grip is back. Depending on which CD you want to show you change the spell in #showtooltip. You can also show both with a modifier like alt, shift, ctrl. Basicly this would look like this:

#showtooltip [mod:alt] Death Grip, Dark Command
/castsequence reset=35 Death Grip, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command

#58 Goetterdaemmerung

Goetterdaemmerung

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

Ok my first post. Woot. I did macroing a lot pre BC and BC. And you could macro this easily.

Dark Command has 8 Sec CD So you can cast it only 4 times before Death Grip is back. Depending on which CD you want to show you change the spell in #showtooltip. You can also show both with a modifier like alt, shift, ctrl. Basicly this would look like this:

#showtooltip [mod:alt] Death Grip, Dark Command
/castsequence reset=35 Death Grip, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command

Let's call /macro the command to execute your macro

/macro <casts death grip>
wait 30 seconds
/macro <casts dark command>
wait 30 seconds
/macro <casts dark command> oops!

#59 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Let's call /macro the command to execute your macro

wait 30 seconds
wait 30 seconds
/macro <casts dark command> oops!

Isn't it more like:

wait 30 seconds
wait 5 seconds
<macro cast sequence resets>

After all that is the point of the reset command, is it not?

#60 Miltiades

Miltiades

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

Isn't it more like:

wait 30 seconds
wait 5 seconds
<macro cast sequence resets>

After all that is the point of the reset command, is it not?

Thats what I thought apparently i have to many buttons to use currently to use macros ;) Castsequence changed so the timer resets to zero once you hit the castsequence button and the reset only functions if you are at the end of the sequence. Noit that what should come out of a timer, but well something to chew on. I like it ;) I may come up with something. Just gimme a bit time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users