• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#21 Dacrushertoo

Dacrushertoo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

When trap dancing, I find I am not far enough away from the boss for Kill Shot to fire, and cooldown/timer add ons I use don't work with it, as they say it's ready even though the boss is still @ 99% health. Does anyone know a mod that will alert me when the target is at 20% health so I can disengage, fire KS and re-position? I lost a lot of dps last night on Patch because he died so quick I never got in range for KS....

#22 Meluda

Meluda

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

To get GCD spark working in Quartz I use Track Humanoids.

I use Quartz mainly because it vizualizes latency very nice. You can see when you can start casting a next spell before the previous one is finished. Therefore it can help in improving activity time while hand-weaving shots. This is ofcourse not needed when you wish to spam some sort of shot macro.

I don't think Quartz tracks cooldowns.

#23 Har

Har

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Rather than using an additional addon to range check for Sniper Training, I've just added a DogTag to my Pitbull target frame [snip]

Wouldn't it just be easier to put throw onto a prominent action bar, and watch for it to grey out? My understanding is that if you are far enough that you can't throw, you are far enough for sniper training.

#24 luigithekid

luigithekid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

I have a group in EBB in the middle of my screen for watching LnL procs, and also aspects (it pretty much shows in the middle of the screen if I'm in Viper, Pack or Cheetah). The thing is that I have to blacklist every single buff that I come across. I think there's got to be an easier way, anyone?
Bear in mind that I tried just whitelisting LnL, and for some reason that didn't work for me (it worked for aspects, but not for LnL).

#25 Mugsley

Mugsley

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

This thread will get cluttered quickly.

I recommend ForteXorcist. The addon includes one bar that consolidates all cooldowns; showing when each one will be available.

Similar to RangeDisplay; I use Nudge. I believe it is a little bit lighter weight; but I can't say for certain.

ScrollingCombatText has a built-in alert feature for low mana and low health I use as a way to time Viper.

#26 Guest_alarge_*

Guest_alarge_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

What spell do people use with Quartz to get the GCD spark? Everything I try seems to fail and Quartz refuses to remember it.

I have this exact same problem and it's frustrating the heck out of me.

Here's what I've done: Install Quartz, bring up dialog (/quartz), go to Global Cooldown window, and type in "Track Humanoids" into the spell field. I've tried leaving everything enabled, and tried various combinations of enabling only GCD and disabling misc. other bars.

If I go to any other dialog and come back to this one, the spell field is empty. And I get no spark.

I've posted a question on the Quartz forum on Curse and haven't gotten any response. For you folks that have gotten this to work, what did you do?

Edit: Sure enough, hitting <Enter> after typing in the spell name did it for me!

#27 silents47

silents47

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Wouldn't it just be easier to put throw onto a prominent action bar, and watch for it to grey out? My understanding is that if you are far enough that you can't throw, you are far enough for sniper training.

It's not really a matter of "easier" when either way, there's a big warning somewhere on your screen that basically says "Your crap ain't working." I have a friend who does it the same way as you, and it works just fine for him; I'm just one of those people with a ridiculously fine-tuned UI who would have more trouble adding an actionbar button that I won't actually use. The PitBull warning seemed like the neatest, cleanest way to do it, since my target frames are right in the same area as my ClassTimers, and I don't have to go back and add/edit/reparent eePanels.

I'm neutral on Quartz - it always seemed too big and bloated an addon to me when i tried it (years ago admittedly).
Do people use it just for hunters? Is it an efficient way of tracking procs/cooldowns/etc?

I use Quartz on all my characters for the latency bar on my cast bar... but cast bars and latency are all I even turn on. It's considerably less bloat if you just disable all the extra modules (do I really need a pet cast timer?) and stick with what you need. Of course, adding a 2 second timer to your Explosive Shot is ridiculously useful as well, and that module hasn't affected the game's performance in any noticeable way for me.

#28 Weierstrass

Weierstrass

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

I have a group in EBB in the middle of my screen for watching LnL procs, and also aspects (it pretty much shows in the middle of the screen if I'm in Viper, Pack or Cheetah). The thing is that I have to blacklist every single buff that I come across. I think there's got to be an easier way, anyone?
Bear in mind that I tried just whitelisting LnL, and for some reason that didn't work for me (it worked for aspects, but not for LnL).

You could whitelist just the ones you want to see. I think that is what I did for my group that shows when Quick Shots, Greatness, and Reflection of Torment are active.

#29 Lerastes

Lerastes

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

Here's what I've done: Install Quartz, bring up dialog (/quartz), go to Global Cooldown window, and type in "Track Humanoids" into the spell field. I've tried leaving everything enabled, and tried various combinations of enabling only GCD and disabling misc. other bars.

If I go to any other dialog and come back to this one, the spell field is empty. And I get no spark.

I've posted a question on the Quartz forum on Curse and haven't gotten any response. For you folks that have gotten this to work, what did you do?

Try opening your spell book and shift clicking the spell into the field instead.

#30 Tsook

Tsook

chiefly comprised of water

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

A lot of mod settings fields require you to press "enter" after you write a spell name, with your focus still in the spell entry field. I don't remember offhand if Quartz is one of them, but the behavior you state (empty when you come back) indicates that's might be the case.

#31 TrevvyTrev

TrevvyTrev

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

A lot of mod settings fields require you to press "enter" after you write a spell name, with your focus still in the spell entry field. I don't remember offhand if Quartz is one of them, but the behavior you state (empty when you come back) indicates that's might be the case.

I am almost positive that this is in fact the source of the problem. I had the same problem with Quartz when I first used it, and hitting enter finally fixed it.

#32 SenorPez

SenorPez

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

I am almost positive that this is in fact the source of the problem. I had the same problem with Quartz when I first used it, and hitting enter finally fixed it.

I had the same problems with Quartz, and even hitting "ENTER" didn't fix it. What I finally traced it to was that I had upgraded over time, and somewhere along the lines, the configuration files got completely borked. If the "press Enter" thing still doesn't work, delete the entire Addon package and all the Quartz SavedVariables files in the WoW/WTF directory.

I had to reconfigure all the positions, colors, fonts, etc. But it finally fixed by "lack of spark" problem!
Taming an untextured cube.

#33 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:12 AM

I've got a new EBB group with just Lock and Load white-listed and its working fine. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't get you a screen-shot of the settings until I get home.

In the interest of modelling the Survival priority rotation, I've installed and set up TellMeWhen. Right now it is successfully showing when Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot are ready while in combat, but i think that the button is not staying active for more than a few seconds after they come off cooldown. Has anyone experienced this issue?

#34 Jander

Jander

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

I've got a new EBB group with just Lock and Load white-listed and its working fine. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't get you a screen-shot of the settings until I get home.

In the interest of modelling the Survival priority rotation, I've installed and set up TellMeWhen. Right now it is successfully showing when Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot are ready while in combat, but i think that the button is not staying active for more than a few seconds after they come off cooldown. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Yea TellMeWhen does this. I have my Multi/Aimed and Explosive Icons so up when they are on CD. There can be a delay between the time they cooldown and the time TellMeWhen shows they are ready. If I use them fast enough the icons from TellMeWhen never show up even.

I use GhostPulse to send text warnings 1.4 seconds before a skill comes off cooldown. I use these warnings to plan my next GCD. The TellMeWhen Icons are just there to let me confirm that my spamming of hotkeys actualyl resulted in the desired special going off.

#35 Guest_alarge_*

Guest_alarge_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Yea TellMeWhen does this. I have my Multi/Aimed and Explosive Icons so up when they are on CD. There can be a delay between the time they cooldown and the time TellMeWhen shows they are ready. If I use them fast enough the icons from TellMeWhen never show up even.

I use GhostPulse to send text warnings 1.4 seconds before a skill comes off cooldown. I use these warnings to plan my next GCD. The TellMeWhen Icons are just there to let me confirm that my spamming of hotkeys actualyl resulted in the desired special going off.

I handle this by using two rows of icons in TMW. The top row is the set of abilities ready to use. The bottom row is the same set of abilities, but on cooldown. When an ability comes off cooldown, it "moves" from the bottom row to the top row. But since I also see the cooldown timer on the bottom row icons, I can sometimes cast it before it actually moves to the top row. No information loss when that happens -- it just stays on the bottom bar (with a new cooldown timer).

I use icons for ES, AS, SrS, and HM. The last two are actually debuffs and not cooldowns, but the iconography works exactly the same way.

#36 Guest_alkuras_*

Guest_alkuras_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

I too have had issues while using TMW regarding the CD on ES. It seems that the delay is significant enough that I am not seeing the notification during several rotations. Due to this, I am searching for a more effective addon.

Essentially I am looking for an addon that tracks the 6 sec cooldown of ES in the form of a bar, as well as the debuff timer on Serp shot in the form of a bar. I will try ForteXorcist as indicated earlier by Mugsley to see if this is what I want. In the mean time, if anyone has a recommendation, I'd appreciate it.

#37 Dralmoo

Dralmoo

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

I use CooldownTimers, which is a very lightweight addon that shows selected cooldowns as bars. It doesn't do debuffs but NeedToKnow, which many other people have mentioned, does a fine job of that.

#38 Guest_alkuras_*

Guest_alkuras_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Thank you Drall, I will definitely try this. I should have mentioned that I have NTK as well, which does a fine job with tracking the debuf for SrS. I was just hoping for 1 addon instead of 2, but it really doesn't matter.

#39 Cranch

Cranch

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

I'm looking for an addon that will display my current RAP, crit %, and haste % in a small moveable box. It's educational to see how these values change, especially when you make a mistake.

In the meantime, I can use TellMeWhen to keep track of buffs I should have but would really prefer that it showed text naming the buff, not just the icon.

Does anyone know of an addon that can tell you when a buff (which you've pre-selected) is not present on you, and will display its name?

#40 Xoran

Xoran

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

I use PowerDisplay to show AP, crit and haste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users