• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#541 Boulderstein

Boulderstein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

It was my search for information to configure this add-on, Reforgenator, that lead me to this forum. And i didn't see it mentioned in this thread, so I thought I'd share it with you since it looks like it has the makings of being a useful tool.

I, like probably most WoW players, am not very well versed in theorycrafting (I'm trying to learn). So I downloaded Reforgenator hoping that it would make the job of reforging my gear easier. And while the UI is very easy to use, the built-in models don't seem to be based on the latest in Hunter theorycrafting. In my case, as a BM, they recommend Hit then Mastery, when it appears from my reading here, WHU and elsewhere that it should be Hit>Crit>Haste>Mastery.

Maybe some of you more advanced theorycrafters could play around with it and suggest some custom settings which would make this addon truly useful for all of us BM, MM and SV (my offspec) Hunters?

#542 Bambislayer

Bambislayer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

I came accross a wonderful addon called WeakAura's whilst looking for a focus bar addon and not being happy with current ones available. It is as customisable as poweraura's but can do alot more and once you "Get" how to set it up it is far easier too. It has replaced about 2-3 addons just for my hunter.

Here's a links to my setup to help illustrate what you can do. This link show's what it looks like in config mode with everything shown. The bars above my buttons which are dynamic and will grow downwards from the focus bar. The buttons above are also dynamic and grow from the centre with the farthest left (Explosive shot) being top priority. The other icons around them let me know which aspect i am in or if i don't have any aspect active at all and proc's. I have a similiar setup for MM.

Here is a pic of my setup in Action.

If i had one criticism it would be that it has no way to Export/Import settings currently as far as i am aware.

#543 JSorrentino

JSorrentino

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

REMOVED.

#544 phlashbios

phlashbios

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

It was my search for information to configure this add-on, Reforgenator, that lead me to this forum. And i didn't see it mentioned in this thread, so I thought I'd share it with you since it looks like it has the makings of being a useful tool.

Maybe some of you more advanced theorycrafters could play around with it and suggest some custom settings which would make this addon truly useful for all of us BM, MM and SV (my offspec) Hunters?

The Reforgenator tool has recently been updated, and makes specific reference to having changed the various templates for the different Hunter specs. in accordance with the current theory crafting from the EJ Hunter forums. Having tried the SV template that it uses, and selecting the options to "reforge for raiding", its suggestions for reforging seem to be correct as far as the current 4.03a patch is concerned. I suspect that the templates will all need adjusted again for 4.06 when it comes, but for now, the addon is well worth a look for those Hunters who need a helping hand with working out what to reforge.

#545 pichuca

pichuca

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

delete, missclicked

#546 Dalinoth

Dalinoth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone know if there is a range addon that uses graphics instead of text? There used to be one where it showed up as a cross-hair that was red when out of range and green when in range. I can no longer find it though. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks…

#547 Nickah

Nickah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone know if there is a range addon that uses graphics instead of text? There used to be one where it showed up as a cross-hair that was red when out of range and green when in range. I can no longer find it though. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks…

I use an add-on called tullaRange which just simply marks the abilities that can't be used due to range in a very clearly visible (and adjustable) red box.

Not sure if you're talking about on your bars or on the target or the nameplate or what, but tullaRange works just fine for my range needs.

#548 chinoquezada

chinoquezada

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

I've setup IceHUD with markers on my focus bar to keep better track of my focus levels.

Posted Image

Markers are setup at the following focus levels:
22(AS)
44(CS,ASx2)
50(AI)
66(CS, ASx3)
88(CS, ASx4)

#549 Gada

Gada

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Bartender does this by default, abilities that cant be used due to range are marked with a dark red overlay.

Bartender4 - Addons - Curse

#550 Jorily

Jorily

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

I've just installed Ovale, but looking at the MM scripts i fear is not coherent with the present MM logic (also basing on the disscussions here in MM thread). I wanted to do some more test applying either the cycle with AS or the AiS hardcasted, but got some problem in the "grammar" of the script:

AddIcon help=main mastery=2
{
if TargetLifePercent(less 20) Spell(KILLSHOT)
if TargetDebuffExpires(SERPENTSTING 0 mine=1) and TargetDeadIn(more 8) Spell(SERPENTSTING)
if TargetDebuffPresent(SERPENTSTING) Spell(CHIMERASHOT)
if BuffPresent(FIRE) Spell(AIMEDSHOT)
if Mana(less 44) or Counter(ss equal 1) Spell(STEADYSHOT)
unless 1.6s before Spell(CHIMERASHOT) Spell(ARCANESHOT)
if CheckBoxOn(multi) Spell(MULTISHOT)
if Mana(more 66) Spell(ARCANESHOT)
unless 0.25s before Spell(CHIMERASHOT) Spell(STEADYSHOT)
}

my idea was to "replace"
if Mana(more 66) Spell(ARCANESHOT)
With something like
if Mana(more 55) Spell(AIMEDSHOT)
... would be sufficient?

#551 elyssaene

elyssaene

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

To monitor cc'd targets I use Magic Targets. Shows an individual timer for each cc'd target with an icon to indicate what form of cc is used. Also useful for seeing which mob is currently being tanked and shows how many people in the raid are targetting each mob.

#552 zgrat

zgrat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

Has anyone else tried JS' Hunter Bar? What I like about this mod is that it shows the cooldowns of your signature shots and the duration of your buffs/debuffs.

Posted Image

#553 Mythdia

Mythdia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Has anyone else tried JS' Hunter Bar? What I like about this mod is that it shows the cooldowns of your signature shots and the duration of your buffs/debuffs.

The new right click md on tank/raid frames (including options for md tells) works well too. I find it a solid raiding tool-- small but effective, intuitive, well set-up by default with everything customizable, and diligently updated by the author as needed.

#554 Caecian

Caecian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

You guys have any recommendations for shot priority addons? I've used FaceShooter a little bit in the past, but I vastly prefer Watcher. The animated icons sliding home are just a lot easier for my brain to process intuitively in the middle of an intense fight; I have to consciously think about reading FaceShooter. Problem is, Watcher doesn't have enough slots to model the MM shot priority. Thoughts/recommendations/ridicule?

#555 Nerec

Nerec

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

You guys have any recommendations for shot priority addons? I've used FaceShooter a little bit in the past, but I vastly prefer Watcher. The animated icons sliding home are just a lot easier for my brain to process intuitively in the middle of an intense fight; I have to consciously think about reading FaceShooter. Problem is, Watcher doesn't have enough slots to model the MM shot priority. Thoughts/recommendations/ridicule?

How much slots do you have there? I'm used to train my rotation with 2-3 friends to bring required buffs on training dummy..
The problem with MM ist that there 3 - 4 different prio systems depending on Boss HP, termination skilled and Hasteffects.
I would suggest you use the tool to model a normal rotation (no haste, boss hp < 80%, no termination) and imagine that under hasteeffects / CA you maintain SrS with CS and else cast Aim..

1 - SrS
2 - CS
3 - AI MMM proc
4 - KS
[4.5 - RapidFire Readiness (no need to model)]
5 - SSx2 (if no ISS)
6 - ArcS (enough focus to cast CS if it comes of CD)
7 - SSx2 (maintain ISS)
8 - Arc (dump excessive focus to evade capping)

Still I'm not a fan for prio addons if it comes to such a changeable priority system as MM has.

#556 GB.Reddy

GB.Reddy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

FaceShooter has been inofficially updated. Stumbled across a "FanUpdate" on WoWInterface.com which seems to do the job...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users