A nice addon to overcome the 255 characters macro's limit :

Super Duper Macro : WoWInterface Downloads : Miscellaneous

#42 Asira

Asira

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

There are tons of great addons for keeping track of when you receive the LnL buff, but does anyone have experience with a good addon to keep track of the internal cooldown of the proc? I have not been able to find anything and have resorted to reusing/altering Geek's Hidden Cooldown to keep track of the 30 second timer so I will know when I should drop another trap if I want (assuming the last trap was not instantly triggered by the mob).

#43 arlen

arlen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Proculas will show the cooldown.

#44 Kharthus

Kharthus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:43 AM

I'm planning on adding it to KHT, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

#45 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

There are tons of great addons for keeping track of when you receive the LnL buff, but does anyone have experience with a good addon to keep track of the internal cooldown of the proc? I have not been able to find anything and have resorted to reusing/altering Geek's Hidden Cooldown to keep track of the 30 second timer so I will know when I should drop another trap if I want (assuming the last trap was not instantly triggered by the mob).

Wouldn't you be better off simply tracking the cooldown on Frost Trap with something like CooldownWatch and just retrapping as soon as you can? Otherwise you end up delaying your procs further because you've not setting a new trap until after you've noticed the internal LnL CD has expired. It seems like that would be less effort from a management perspective.

#46 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

I'm not sure if I misunderstood you Iru, but the point of tracking the SerpentSting procced LnL's internal cooldown may be so that you can stagger the LnL procs.

For example, you may want to go and get your Frost Trap based LnL Proc while the Serpent Sting one is in internal cooldown so that there's no chance of overlap and wasted procs.

#47 funnehman

funnehman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

I too have had issues while using TMW regarding the CD on ES. It seems that the delay is significant enough that I am not seeing the notification during several rotations. Due to this, I am searching for a more effective addon.

Essentially I am looking for an addon that tracks the 6 sec cooldown of ES in the form of a bar, as well as the debuff timer on Serp shot in the form of a bar. I will try ForteXorcist as indicated earlier by Mugsley to see if this is what I want. In the mean time, if anyone has a recommendation, I'd appreciate it.

I've never used it, but I think this is pretty much what Ellipsis does, keeps track of target dots and debuffs, and your cooldowns.

I'd also like to add that for a while I was relying on TMW to know when to reapply my Serpent Sting, this didn't work very well with other hunters, even though I'm pretty sure I filtered it to my own, the timer was out of whack basically all the time. For keeping track of debuffs I'd highly recommend scaling an EBB panel down and throwing it above your target's window to only watch your debuffs, that way you can kind of time your next ES during LnL.

#48 Swylen

Swylen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

I absolutely love ShotProc for L&L notifications. It makes a shotgun loading sound. Very distinctive and hard to miss. Rapid Killing notify I deleted, very annoying.

#49 imjorman

imjorman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

I use, like many in this thread, the range finder to get in range for sniper training. Gonna be useless come 3.1 though...

#50 Xaraphyne

Xaraphyne

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Now how has no one mentioned zHunterMod yet?

Various hunter-related conveniences such as: consolidating aspects into a single customizable button, and traps and pet abilities similarly; misdirect, dispel, and trap resist announcements; auto shot timer; an auto-strip button; anti-daze; and more.

Admittedly, none of these things have a direct impact on raid DPS. However, as a very useful hunter-specific mod, convenience does play a large part in streamlining your gameplay.

#51 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Was playing around with Aloft (Aloft - Addons - Curse) today, and wondered whether it would be possible to have it, or something like it highlight the nameplates for mobs which are below 20% hp, so you can killshot them for a quick bit of damage on fights that have adds - with a mouseover killshot macro this would be quite simple, provided you have something to indicate when things are valid targets for KS.

I think this would work, since all the mod needs to know to determine whether a mob is killshottable or not is whether it's HP is below 20% or not, and it already has this information - basically all it needs to do is highlight the frame it's already displaying in some way when the value it's showing is below 20%.

Does anyone know of a mod that does this, or a nameplate mod that's being maintained (I believe Aloft was abandoned last year), or a reason that this wouldn't be possible (say some blizzard limitation preventing nameplate frames responding to health-change events)?

Clarification due to lots of confusion in the other thread I mentioned this: this is for display on the nameplates for mobs around you, not the mob you're targetting. I know lots of ways of knowing whether I can killshot the mob I have targeted, that's not the issue - the issue is getting some kind of flash/color change on the nameplate for a particular non-targetted mob (like the ones in the screenshot below) when it switches to being below 20% hp:

Posted Image

#52 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

Has anyone had success modifying Shock&Awe or creating their own mod similar to it centered specifically around showing the Survival Shot Priority?

I'm currently using TellMeWhen but its not quite fast enough in displaying shots that come off cooldown and with the introduction of Black Arrow in 3.1 I'm quite interested in whether or not something like Shock&Awe is available.

#53 dssurge

dssurge

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

I'm currently using TellMeWhen but its not quite fast enough in displaying shots that come off cooldown...

Best solution I've found is simply using Dominos action bars and adding a [combat] tag to the state setting on bar containing the abilities you want to watch. TMW always seemed off when I was using it for timing and it drove me insane.

edit: Just checked out Shock and Awe, and something like this would be nice. NeedToKnow is decent for timers on stings and such but I've yet to find any rotation tool as hand-holdy as S&A.

#54 Midnight

Midnight

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

I´m currently using the already mentioned ForteXorcist Cooldownbar for this. I limited it to a full bar showing only 10 sec and specifically disabled most long time CDs so it only displays the <=10 sec CD shots. This worked out to show really well which CD is ready next and if it´s in time after GCD.
FaceShooter - a hunter shot recommendation AddOn
The optimism of action is better than the pessimism of thought.
- Greenpeace UK

#55 elfik

elfik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

is anyone aware of any mod that would modify the built in threat meter to always show the % of threat in the mob window without hovering the mouse over it to see it?

I know that threat becomes visible when we hit like 80-90% of it but in most cases that is too late for me. I would like to see a mod that would either turn the threat windows to be there all the time or adjust the % to when to show up.

thank you

#56 Enova

Enova

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Well, I'm not sure if there's any mod that shows threat on the target frame, but there is Omen, that permanently shows a window with the threat of all raid members on your current target.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire. If this is too difficult BWL was still there last I checked, so go have at it for some practice.

You people are idiots

Guilty as charged ^

#57 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

I´m currently using the already mentioned ForteXorcist Cooldownbar for this. I limited it to a full bar showing only 10 sec and specifically disabled most long time CDs so it only displays the <=10 sec CD shots. This worked out to show really well which CD is ready next and if it´s in time after GCD.

I've been using DotIt, which I've been told is quite similar. It's very nice so far (cosmetic issues mostly), but my performance seems to take a noticeable hit when using it, not sure why.

#58 Gaahl

Gaahl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

I've found a simple bartender4 bar set to appear only in combat, with mouse clicking disabled and omnicc going is perfect to keep my shot priority sorted out. In the pic below you can see where it pops up in combat:

Posted Image

It allows me to keep my head in the game without so much UI gazing.

#59 huntard1959

huntard1959

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

I am a fairly new player to the raiding realm, and found this information helpful thank you.

#60 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

Has anyone had success modifying Shock&Awe or creating their own mod similar to it centered specifically around showing the Survival Shot Priority?

I use CooldownWatch, which is very lightweight & fast, in conjunction with the Quartz GCD timer (although I think Quartz is a bit of a hog). CW tracks the CDs on ES & AS and Quartz lets me know when to fire again, and whether to interrupt my current steady because an instance just became available

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users