• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1237 replies to this topic

#1221 Anarchos

Anarchos

Banned

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

Will dot applications consume MD charges? In other words if I md->black arrow->serpent sting, have I just wasted 2 charges of MD and generated 0 threat? In OS (before 3.1) I used to MD->serpent sting and then kept running, and on omen the MT threat jumped up a few times before ticks started increasing my own threat.

Applying Serpent Sting to a target uses a MD charge before damage even ticks, so that would be a yes, sadly.

#1222 Shadowzuka

Shadowzuka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

I have +5K crits in raid. 2.5k unbufed.

How do you get it so high?

Looking at my numbers (was doing both emalon and archavon tonight in 10 man), the pyro rocket went from 1515 to 2108 on regular hits and 2500 to about 2800 on crits.

Since it couldn't be the 7% extra bonus you get from Black Arrow/Noxious Stings (I got Focused Fire so it brings your bonus extra damage down 2%), I'm curious how you would get it that high.

#1223 Baower

Baower

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

How do you get it so high?

Looking at my numbers (was doing both emalon and archavon tonight in 10 man), the pyro rocket went from 1515 to 2108 on regular hits and 2500 to about 2800 on crits.

Since it couldn't be the 7% extra bonus you get from Black Arrow/Noxious Stings (I got Focused Fire so it brings your bonus extra damage down 2%), I'm curious how you would get it that high.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not possible unless you are hitting XT's heart or have a Rune Circle.

#1224 HoSAvelon

HoSAvelon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

A few changes in 3.1.2:

Lock and Load - Changed to have a 2/4/6% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Immolation Trap or Black Arrow to cause your next 2 Arcane Shot or Explosive Shot spells to trigger no cooldown, cost no mana and consume no ammo. Down from 4/7/10%. (src: Wotlkwiki.info)

Go For The Throat: Explosive Shot critical strikes now trigger this talent.
Rabid: This Hunter pet talent no longer lists a percentage chance to be triggered, as that chance varies by the attack speed of the pet. (src: MMO-Champion)

#1225 Kharthus

Kharthus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Are they kidding with the LnL change? It hardly ever procs now and they're further nerfing it? At some point it won't even be worth taking.

#1226 rasmil

rasmil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

The wording on mmo-champ about 3.12 changes does not include that the periodic damage from Immo Trap or BA is what procs LnL, but rather just periodic damage. If SrS would be able to proc it also in 3.12, it would be a very nice buff.

Hoping Wotlkwiki incorrectly inserted Immo Trap and BA, and crossing fingers that SrS can indeed trigger LnL again.

#1227 Girthbot

Girthbot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

Indeed, I would gladly take the lower rate if Serpent could also proc it.

Also somebody mentioned earlier that when using Explosive Shot with MD that MD charge 1 is the initial ES landing, then MD charges 2 and 3 are the first 2 ES ticks and the third ES tick does not use MD. Are you combining the initial landing and the first tick? Otherwise I count 4 ES ticks. Initial application damage > tick > tick or am I really this wasted?

#1228 Bluesfear

Bluesfear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Listen guys, the change to the LnL proc is just a tooltip correction, it is already at 2%/4%/6%.

#1229 arlen

arlen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

Are you combining the initial landing and the first tick? Otherwise I count 4 ES ticks. Initial application damage > tick > tick or am I really this wasted?

You are correct, first 'tick' is Explosive shot reaching the target, followed by 3 explosion ticks.

#1230 Girthbot

Girthbot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

You are correct, first 'tick' is Explosive shot reaching the target, followed by 3 explosion ticks.

Followed by 2 ticks no? Initial damage > tick > tick? I feel like you guys are playing tricks on my mind.

#1231 Ufthak

Ufthak

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

If you look at the combat log Explosive Shot has 4 entries:
XX is afflited by your EXpolsive shot - no damage but conusmes a MD charge
XX takes damge from your shot

#1232 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

And its worse if you MD pull from a stationary position as then you have an autoshot landing and consuming an MD charge as well, so you have two ES ticks counting toward your personal threat.

ES for MD: Just Say No!

#1233 Baower

Baower

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

Regarding the "debuff consuming a charge" issue, does this mean that you can't MD with Explosive trap anymore? One of our Hunters was trying to do an MD Trap pull on Auraiya last night and all the mobs made a beeline for him rather than the tank.

If I understand what's happening, the trap going off applies an aura to the affected mobs, then damage will start ticking afterward. The application of the aura will eat the MD without any threat generated then any tick after that applies threat to the hunter.

I rarely attempt MD with traps but the other hunter said that he did so often, notably on 3d, so I'm not sure if this is a recent problem or not. It sounds like the same issue as Explosive Shot.

#1234 Shadowzuka

Shadowzuka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

You can MD with Explosive Trap. However, remember that the main hit of the trap will consume a charge per target, but the DoT left on the ground will transfer no threat and whatever enemies run into the trap without an aggro table will agg the hunter. Just tested it right now.

#1235 Bovii

Bovii

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

You can also MD with Volley for add situations. It isn't a huge help but depending on your tank and their AoE capabilities, every bit helps.

#1236 KraxisSingular

KraxisSingular

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

You can also MD with Volley for add situations. It isn't a huge help but depending on your tank and their AoE capabilities, every bit helps.

Yes, I use the MD and Volley combo very often... or should I say 'used' since Ulduar isn't exactly AoE heaven.
It is just enough in many cases to let the tank keep the pack under control while those triggerhappy Mages, Warlocks and Boomkins pop cooldowns etc.

I guess Volley and the fact that MD is great as a ranged tool compared ot Tricks, is the reason we don't get the timed duration like Tricks. 6 seconds of Volley to a tank would be nuts (well 4.5 seconds, but still).

#1237 Kajsa

Kajsa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yes, I use the MD and Volley combo very often

Wouldn't multi-shot be a better choice to pair with Misdirect? Since 3.0 Volley consumes MD charges, so unless the first tick of damage gets around this by being simultaneous on all mobs and still passing all the threat (seems possible since there have been similar effects with timing), Multi-Shot would give tanks more threat due to just hitting harder per MD charge.

#1238 KraxisSingular

KraxisSingular

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Multishot is superior when there are 2 or 3 mobs. As soon as there are more Volley is better. Treat it as the same as you would in a normal situation.

The reason Volley is better is that the game can't determine which target gets the threat misdirected first, so it takes all of them. So for instance the little spiders in Naxx would all get sent to the tank with the first volley of Volley. ;) The following ticks are obviously going to you, but by then the tank has done various AoE things. Generally MD and Volley produces no problem for the Hunter, and I mainly do it for the benefit of the other raiders. If we can AoE sooner the sooner the pack is down the faster we can go on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users