169 replies to this topic

#161 Warlocomotif

Warlocomotif

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

I've done 3 test runs with 2xT9, totals:
6623 Melee swings, 1728 crits (26.1% crit)
1949 Cleaves, 562 crits (28.8% crit)

I've done 1 big run with 0xT9, totals:
5558 Melee swings, 1056 crits (19.0% crit)
1043 Cleaves, 183 crits (17.5% crit)

There will always be some inaccuracy unless you really use absolutely absurd sample sizes, however you can tell from this sample size that cleaves are not getting a special +10% crir treatment, and you can also pretty confidently say that with 2xT9 all crit appears to go up ~10% (both cleave and melee).

Screenshots:
2xT9: Melee 1, Melee 2, Melee 3, Cleave 1, Cleave 2, Cleave 3
0xT9: Melee 1, Cleave 1
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open.

#162 Sqz

Sqz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

Hmhm, thanks a lot for the tests, I did not get a single chance to run them myself. I'm happy with those results :)

#163 Jlaw1027

Jlaw1027

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Ive been running destro spec for a while now and I wanted to try a more raid viable spec to help out with 25 ToGC. After 2 bosses in demo i saw considerable increase in dps from our top 3 casters compared to me running destro. I'm going to run some timers on this next week to see my DP up time and SP increase and will post the data as soon as I have it sorted out.

#164 Jenren22

Jenren22

Banned

• Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

What about a 10man raid? Is it necessary to have a demo lock? We only have one lock that is myself and simcraft says it is an overall increase in raid damage, but what about when considering high movement fights etc?

We don't run with a shaman usually.

#165 Dangeres

Dangeres

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

ToW provides 280 spell power and a 3% crit increase. It is up 100% of the time.

It is important to keep in mind that the 3% crit increase is covered by many other classes. MOST importantly keep in mind that TOW is not up 100% of the time. Due to fights that involve movement and the fact that everyone is not in a static location every fight the 40 yd range on TOW means the uptime is not 100%.

#166 Mandalay

Mandalay

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

Can anyone suggest a way of measuring the value of the Demonic Pact buff (other than continuously mouse-over the buff icon) to provide an average value for the duration of a fight.

Due to various proc's on my gear (Dying Curse, Lightweave Embroidery, Illustration of the Dragon Soul, etc), the DP value at the start of the fight simply represents the minimum. Combination's of proc's can result in a huge spell power difference, but knowing the maximum and average value of DP would be a more helpful measure of the rDPS value of the buff.
Posted Image

Cynic :- A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

#167 Cangiz

Cangiz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Can anyone suggest a way of measuring the value of the Demonic Pact buff (other than continuously mouse-over the buff icon) to provide an average value for the duration of a fight.

Due to various proc's on my gear (Dying Curse, Lightweave Embroidery, Illustration of the Dragon Soul, etc), the DP value at the start of the fight simply represents the minimum. Combination's of proc's can result in a huge spell power difference, but knowing the maximum and average value of DP would be a more helpful measure of the rDPS value of the buff.

The best way to do this would be to utilize simcraft.

Take your buffed spellpower(Minus Totem of Wrath/Flametongue unless you are using /cancelaura Demonic Pact in all your spells and one of the totems exist.).

Once you get that start adding trinkets/glyph of life tap/lightweave embrodiery. Make sure you multiply each by its corresponding effectiveness to find there average values. For example lightweave has an effectiveness of about 25% so in order to add that in, I would need to multiply its spellpower proc by 0.25. Glyph of life tap should have an effectiveness of close to 100%, and other trinkets vary, which is why I suggest simcraft to figure that out.

Once you get the total average spellpower, then you can easily determine demonic pact's average value by multiplying the uptime of demonic pact by the amount of spellpower it grants.

#168 Mandalay

Mandalay

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

Has the mechanic of DP changed?

I was under the impression that because the buff was refreshed rather than being re-applied on pet crit, the average SP granted by the buff could be considerably higher than my average SP.

E.g. (using arbitrary figures) at fight start I have 3k SP, pet crits applying 300SP buff. The buff increases to 320SP with Illustration of the Dragon Soul. Due to lucky RNG, Dying Curse proc's during the 15sec proc of Lightweave giving me 4260SP, so now the DP buff is up to 426SP which (assuming the pet continues to crit) will be refreshed for the duration of the fight despite the fact that after 10sec my personal SP will return to 3200. Even assuming bad RNG (i.e. non-coinciding proc's), DP would still refresh a value of 399SP because of the Dying curse proc.

If it is a 5min fight and it takes 10sec to fully charge IotDS and the Lightweave/Dying Curse proc happens at 30sec, then the average SP granted by DP would be ~412.

Your suggestion of using proc values multiplied by up-time would result in a significantly lower DP value.

Can anyone clarify/confirm the DP mechanic?
Posted Image

Cynic :- A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

#169 matornot

matornot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

This addon.

#170 Bahlshaab

Bahlshaab

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Has the mechanic of DP changed?

I was under the impression that because the buff was refreshed rather than being re-applied on pet crit, the average SP granted by the buff could be considerably higher than my average SP.

Not sure how I missed this post, given that DP mechanics are my personal obsession :P

The buff amount *is* updated on refresh, so a temporary large buff can only be maintained for a single 45-sec duration, by pulling the demon from combat before his internal CD is down to prevent him from refreshing. Then you'd have to send him back in before the buff drops so he can proc again without down time. Almost certainly a dps loss overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users