Photo

[Horde][Mal'Ganis] <Aftermath> Top 50 US, 16-hour raid week. Seeking a few classes.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EllTrain

EllTrain

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1419 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

About Us

Aftermath was created near the launch of Warcraft from a group of serious players who were interested in seeing end-game content. Over four years of consistent and stable progression, we have evolved into a mature guild concentrated exclusively on PvE progression. While many of our members enjoy the arena game, we expect them to be primarily dedicated to raiding. We put a lot of effort into our progress, but we never ask our members to raid extra hours outside of our schedule. Our focus is always the enjoyment of the raiding experience over our ranking and progression. Our first KJ kill was 2008-07-27, US #41.

As for Wrath progression, we have both regular and heroic Glory of the Raider finished. The dates achieved are as follows:

Heroic: Immortal                   3/12
Heroic: You Don't Have an Eternity 1/16
Heroic: Twilight Zone              1/08
Undying                            12/27
You Don't Have An Eternity         1/17
Twilight Zone                      1/12

About You

A desirable candidate for our guild is a mature player who continually seeks to improve his or her character. We do not typically recruit players who log on to raid and are never seen otherwise. Ideally you are interested in getting to know our members and becoming part of our family, for lack of a better word. I encourage potential applicants to get to know a few of us on Ventrilo, or listen while we raid to make sure our atmosphere likens to your personality.

Class-specific Notes

Right now our class needs are as follows. For the shaman slot, I am looking for a shaman who is skilled at both Elemental and Restoration, and has a strong desire to raid as both specs depending on the situation at hand. The same goes for the tank spot. Please note that we are constantly seeking exceptional applicants of every class, so take the following list lightly. If you struggled with Onyxia nearly four years ago and mock void zones as you dance around them with your ninja reflexes, please get in touch with me directly if your class is not on this list.

1 Shadow Priest
1 DPS + Tank (any class, slight preference to a feral druid)
1 Elemental + Restoration Shaman
1 Holy Paladin

Our Schedule

We raid four days a week during progression. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5:30pm to 9:00pm PST. Sunday from 2:00pm to 8:00pm PST. Our Sunday raid typically ends earlier, but we keep the time slotted in case we run into issues or are close to a kill.

How to Apply

Applications are done exclusively through our website forums, Aftermath Forums. If your class is not listed, please contact me directly before applying

Thank you for your time and interest in Aftermath.

#2 bigfodee

bigfodee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Is your "Top 50" based on BC rankings?

#3 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10260 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

It's based on TBC rankings. WotLK rankings are mostly meaningless at this time due to the nature of the content. (those at the top generally had the people who could collectively get to 80 the quickest.)

#4 bigfodee

bigfodee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

It's a pretty ballsy move to put "Top 50 US" in the title when you're closer to top 50 on your server. Granted, Mal'Ganis is a more competitive PvE server than most, but WotLK rankings are done well enough on sites like WowProgress that they aren't so meaningless. In fact, the #1 US guild cleared heroic Naxx only 10 days before yours, so time spent leveling is probably not the issue.

#5 Dyz

Dyz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

It's a pretty ballsy move to put "Top 50 US" in the title when you're closer to top 50 on your server. Granted, Mal'Ganis is a more competitive PvE server than most, but WotLK rankings are done well enough on sites like WowProgress that they aren't so meaningless. In fact, the #1 US guild cleared heroic Naxx only 10 days before yours, so time spent leveling is probably not the issue.

There are guilds in the top 100 world, who couldn't clear Sunwell prior to the multiple nerf bats on M'uru and KJ. Some of which didn't break the top 500. I would say WotLK rankings are pretty subpar at this point.

#6 EllTrain

EllTrain

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1419 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

Is your "Top 50" based on BC rankings?

It clearly is, as stated in the first paragraph of the post.

Rushing through the leveling process to get a first-week naxx clear was not one of our priorities. I think that mentality is very much reflected in my original post. Our sarth3 kill was certainly delayed, due to Mal'ganis being next to unplayable during our raid times for the weeks following Wrath launch. Anyone on Mal'Ganis can verify this.

As has been mentioned plenty of times, if you are seriously trying to evaluate a guild based on how guilds are ranked on sites right now in regards to WotlK progress, you should probably be re-evaluating your methods.

#7 EllTrain

EllTrain

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1419 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Updated class needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users