• This topic is locked This topic is locked
269 replies to this topic

#261 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Has the 3.3.3 version of SimulationCraft been updated for the new Starfall Coefficents?

When I run my armory thorough the most recent version of SimulationCraft for 3.3.2 it says the DPE of Starfall is 15,850. When I change the patch to 3.3.3 the DPE of Starfall only goes up to 18816.

The calculations I've done show that this should be much higher. Has something changed that I am not aware of or is there an issue with the simulation?

r4310 - simulationcraft - Project Hosting on Google Code
The first post of GC with the new coefficients was just so weird, that I kinda guessed what he meant (and was all wrong btw), so this change is not in the latest download

But as PTR server are down currently I suspect a patch and some class changes coming, I'll poke nate to put up a release when those changes are in
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#262 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

PTR seemed a mess, so I was waiting until we could verify the mechanics. I'll put out a release once we are up to date with the PTR build coming out today.

#263 Allev

Allev

King Hippo

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> PTR Patch 3.3.3 Notes

Mangle lasts 60 seconds in 3.3.3, the glyph adds 10% damage to Mangle.

#264 somerandomlamer

somerandomlamer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Scale factors are relative to Attack Power. Strength for cats translates directly to Attack Power, and nothing more. So why then, is the ratio not always [2*1.1*1.06*1.02]=2.37864:1?

#265 Beanna

Beanna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I hope you can answer my question.
After the simulation, SimC gave me a specific Action Priority List for my gear which does not correspond to the Action priority list suggested by others addons as FbN or Ovale. So I was wondering if it was possible to exploit this SimC specific Action Priority List in game with a "Move suggestion" addon?
Is it possible to translate this SimC Action Priority List as a code for Ovale?

Thank you in advance for your help.

#266 Mihir

Mihir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

You mean http://elitistjerks....otation_ingame/ ?
The standard actionlist included with simcraft isn't (afaik) entirely up to date with latest results from http://elitistjerks....imulationcraft/ so that might be the issue.

#267 Beanna

Beanna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

Currently I just use the code proposed in the Ovale topic that you mentioned. :)
But the least I can say is that I get results that are far from those advertised theoretically by Simca... Ironically, I even get a best DPS with FBN even if it is outdated, so I really do not know which way to turn.
Does the fault come from SimC which announces a theoretical DPS too high or Ovale whose code may not be the best? (despite the fact that I use the latest version of the code given on the topic)
Or maybe the problem is me and my latency... May the latency explain alone a discrepancy of 400 DPS? (6k1 DPS instead of 6k5 DPS on dummy)

#268 Jaerin

Jaerin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Well I think it will be several different factors. One being the complexity of the algorithm in Ovale or FBN is pretty simple relative to SimC. SimC is probably much closer to the theoretical maximum, but not the practical maximum.

There is only so fast your reaction times are going to be. Something very well could be a signficant DPS increase in SimC because it can account for every contingency and every combination of outcome, but in reality because you aren't fast enough to react to those special situations it ends up being a net negative. Say for example the OoC procs on Nature's Grasp or something.

#269 Shadowlycaon

Shadowlycaon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

I've been looking to use simcraft to run the "1 DoT" rotation that has been the talk of the town lately. It involves, on a basic level, only refreshing insect swarm after lunar eclipse and moonfire after solar eclipse. I've been using the stratergy below, but I realise it's somewhat crude due to it not factoring in the points between eclipses. Is there any way to make apply when one eclipse is on cooldown?

actions+=/moonfire,if=!ticking&(buff.solar_eclipse.remains>1)
actions+=/insect_swarm,if=!ticking&(buff.lunar_eclipse.remains>1)

#270 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

I've been looking to use simcraft to run the "1 DoT" rotation that has been the talk of the town lately. It involves, on a basic level, only refreshing insect swarm after lunar eclipse and moonfire after solar eclipse. I've been using the stratergy below, but I realise it's somewhat crude due to it not factoring in the points between eclipses. Is there any way to make apply when one eclipse is on cooldown?

actions+=/moonfire,if=!ticking&(buff.solar_eclipse.remains>1)
actions+=/insect_swarm,if=!ticking&(buff.lunar_eclipse.remains>1)

What you are probably looking for here is
buff.<NAME>.cooldown_remains
Which returns the cooldown of the buff, and you try to cast the responding dot only when the buff faded, but is still on cd (cd:15-0)
actions+=/moonfire,if=!ticking&buff.solar_eclipse.cooldown_remains<15&buff.lunar_eclipse.down
actions+=/insect_swarm,if=!ticking&buff.lunar_eclipse.cooldown_remains<15&buff.solar_eclipse.down
So it casts MF only if solar is max 15s on CD, which means the buff already faded, and also if lunar is not already up. Same for IS with swapped eclipse buffs.
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users