Photo

SimulationCraft for Warlocks (4.0.3a numbers at 80 and 85)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3035 replies to this topic

#21 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

Did you Lifetap only when you were out of mana or as needed to keep the glyph up?

Only when out of mana.

Also, why the Succubus over the Felhunter/Doomguard?

The Succubus has been better than the Felhunter since 3.0.8. I didn't include a Doomguard profile because of the 1-hour cooldown and because none of the pets have changed since 3.0.8, so it's not interesting in the context of trying to analyze the new stuff.

#22 Shayo

Shayo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

First of all, thank you for the simulations.
Also, why the Succubus over the Felhunter/Doomguard?

From the warlock pet thread:
Imp 164dps
Felpup 200dps
Succy 235 dps

#23 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

How does hit come into play? I notice that the 0/41/30 spec doesn't have any hit talent points but 54/0/17 does... wouldn't that play a part as 0/41/30 will need to gear for that extra 3% hit while 54/0/17 can gear towards more damage?

Yep, that's accounted for by the enchant_hit_rating/enchant_crit_rating lines in the profiles. Basically the specs without suppression give up 3% crit for 3% hit.

#24 ostoles

ostoles

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

I spotted a pretty significant bug that caused decimation never to be triggered. Reran the simulation and edited my post above with the results. I also added the detailed damage breakdowns, so you guys can help me try to spot bugs.

With the updated damage breakdown in the original post, I do not see soul fire listed in the actions for either 0/56/15 or 0/41/30. Is there a bug with the display of that information in this section or is the bug you mentioned still in existence?
Posted Image

#25 Tornwings

Tornwings

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

Could you posibly try a 0/22/49 build? With the new master conjuror, I've been curious about it.

#26 NinjaSquirrel

NinjaSquirrel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

For affliction, I would also be curious to see what would happen if you were to take 1 point out of nightfall, and put it into demonic power. Demonic Power for a succubus at my gear level is worth about 15dps per point. Which I believe is more than nightfall per point.

Another consideration is moving the point from Improved Drain Soul to Demonic Power so long as threat is not an issue.

#27 Emolate

Emolate

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm seeing Demonic Empathy still showing up in my reports:

Warlock_T8_MetaDP:
15.1% : demonic_empathy
93.4% : demonic_pact
25.5% : demonic_soul
100.0% : replenishment
85.8% : shadow_vulnerability

My T8_MetaDP config:

warlock=Warlock_T8_MetaDP
level=80
talents=http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=550000050200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000202103301135202530135201351&glyph=000000000000&version=9614
actions=flask,type=frost_wyrm/food,type=tender_shoveltusk_steak/fire_stone/fel_armor/summon_pet,felguard
actions+=/curse_of_doom/demonic_empowerment/metamorphosis,immolation=1
actions+=/soul_fire,decimation=1/corruption/immolate/shadow_bolt/life_tap
Caster_T7_Base_Gear.simcraft
#glyph_metamorphosis=1
glyph_life_tap=1
glyph_felguard=1
glyph_immolate=1

I'm not certain but it looks like glyph_life_tap doesn't work, or I have the wrong expectations.

My globals are set for 2pT7 (I don't play with 4pT7) and the following:

# Standard Gear Attributes
gear_stamina=867
gear_strength=54
gear_agility=70
gear_intellect=932
gear_spirit=595
gear_attack_power=0
gear_expertise_rating=0
gear_armor_penetration_rating=0
gear_spell_power=1774
gear_hit_rating=380
gear_crit_rating=139
gear_haste_rating=535

# Set Bonuses
tier7_2pc=1
tier7_4pc=0

# Meta Gem
chaotic_skyflare=1

# Item Procs
illustration_of_the_dragon_soul=1
dying_curse=1

The spec didn't paste correctly for some reason: here is the one I built.

I'm pretty sure the only reason you're on this planet is the phone rang and startled your dad.

#28 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Demonic Empathy shouldn't show up unless A) you're running a simcraft that hasn't been compiled from the current SVN trunk (the latest release does not have the 3.1 changes) or B) you haven't set patch=3.1.0 in your config files.

#29 Kazuha

Kazuha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Note that aftermath is a very weak talent for affliction - according to the simulation breakdown, it's worth around 6.5 dps per point:

14.1 casts of immolate on average, each cast has 5 dot ticks, which tick for 966, so we get 68103 immolate damage. If we lose the 6% immolate damage from that, we get 64248 damage instead. Assuming the parse is 277 secs (which most simcraft parses are normalized to), the difference is 14 dps - 7 dps per point

Demonic power is worth around 24 dps a point from the data, so demonic power is a lot better:
Demonic power simply doubles lash of pain damage for the succubus, and lash of pain is doing 13k, so the two talent points are worth another 13k. Compare this with the 4k from immolate, and we have a pretty clear winner.

#30 Shodan30

Shodan30

Banned

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

Could you test this build? My logic is assuming that you will already have a mage with the scorch debuff, and since it does not stack with ISB, I would rather buff the imp. I also have no threat reduction with this build, and only one point in Eradication.

51/3/17

http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9614

#31 ExinferisD

ExinferisD

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

Was just wondering about 0/40/31? I'm having a hard time belieiving that 0/41/30 (Felguard) would provide more dps than: An imp, 5% crit (for both warlock + imp), and Conflag every 10 seconds (I was getting 11-12k crits on a target dummy).

Also, this doesn't include raid buffs/debuffs does it? I think that might bump Meta/Ruin up a bit more since the Felguard gets a huge boost from the physical damage debuffs/buffs.

#32 Emolate

Emolate

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

It was B).

For other users, the change is made in your Globals.simcraft if you're referencing it.

Are you interested in hearing what the best results are from us, or are you interested in getting a broader sample of configs?

I'm pretty sure the only reason you're on this planet is the phone rang and startled your dad.

#33 gox

gox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

Zakalwe: Thanks for the good work! Any chance we can get access to a SimCraft with the new things incorporated? Would save a lot of effort of constantly requesting "Could you test this build"?

#34 brymortis

brymortis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

Sorry to add, but do you think you can try out this build?

And thanks for all the good work.

#35 vaestmanaeyjar

vaestmanaeyjar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Another consideration is moving the point from Improved Drain Soul to Demonic Power so long as threat is not an issue.

Overall threat is likely to change a bit, since SL damage and healing got changed.
Just taking yesterday stats from Sapphiron (tried to take something longer than PW explosion) SL is worth 7.7% of my aggro and the healing part is another 3.9%. Which puts it in third place after SB and Corruption as a threat generator, right before Immolate.

#36 Darklawdog

Darklawdog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how to use it? I'm new to it, and I can run the simulations, but don't know how to set my own up.

Thanks,

#37 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

With the updated damage breakdown in the original post, I do not see soul fire listed in the actions for either 0/56/15 or 0/41/30. Is there a bug with the display of that information in this section or is the bug you mentioned still in existence?

Oops - I actually forgot to replace the executable after fixing the bug. I reran again, and updated the original post. That's a pretty major difference - hopefully someone who has time to do some math can provide a sanity check on those soul fire numbers.

#38 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13,878 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

Sorry to add, but do you think you can try out this build?

And thanks for all the good work.

I've been looking at similar spec, but I'm not sure that's the optimal way to go about it. Depending on how much crit we end up with, Empowered Imp might be a greater DPS boost than Molten Core. Something along the lines of this: http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9614 I'm not sure about that last point going into F&B, but I don't see anywhere else to put it that gives any form of DPS boost.

#39 overg

overg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Interesting to note that none of the specs we're playing with here include improved healthstone. Will that be something new to this patch, or have I just not noticed it before?

If these numbers hold up I wouldn't be surprised to see a small nerf to Meta locks. Being the second highest dps spec plus bringing two nifty buffs to the raid (demonic pact and ISB) might be a little too good to be true. On the other hand, it looks like the spec will be more complicated to play, what with juggling more Meta's and handling whatever the shadowbolt/soul fire rotation ends up being during decimate while trying to keep molten core up. It could end up being one of those specs that really, really separates the experts from the casuals. I'd certainly be fine with that (even though I'm personally far closer to the latter than the former).

#40 Kzaranagax

Kzaranagax

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

How many affliction debuffs are assumed for the calculation of drain soul damage in the simulation of Warlock_T8_54_00_17 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users