- Arcatraz
- 15 Emblem of Heroism

#2 Negoveio

Negoveio

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

On cloak and bracers, you need valor emblems, not heroism ones.

#3 Falk

Falk

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

The Valor bracers are BoE, though, and thus buyable if you have a load of cash to blow. Technically that'd be pre-raid.

#4 Rannasha

Rannasha

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

The T7-10 chest and gloves are missing, even though they're purchasable for Emblems of Heroism. Apart from that, nice list!

#5 rholliday

rholliday

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

I'm not sure an idol that drops in an Outland 5-man really belongs on a Wrath pre-raid list. If we're including BC idols there are plenty others. Two decent Northrend quest reward idols are and .

Beyond that and the other points noted above, very good list of options.

#6 Jheusse

Jheusse

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Few things to keep as options as you build your set, or build through heroics.

Weapon:
Kaluak Revered. Should hit revered based on questing alone (I did, though I did both starting areas) . First upgrade over I encountered.

Back:
Normal HoS
Wyrmrest Honored.

Neck:
BT Quest (Rawr seems to like it)
ZD Quest

Legs:
BoE from VH trash and fishing. Often very available on AH cheaply.

Will keep this brief. The Eviscerator gear is also a viable stopgap as one builds, especially the head

Also note that the quest can be stealth soloed by a cat druid, it's a very fun Thief-type sneak.

#7 Vulajin

Vulajin

Vula'jin the Void, blessed by the loa

• Moderators
  • 5,924 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

I don't really see where this thread addresses a topic that is new or worthwhile, so I'm going to close it. If someone would like to argue that the topic is, in fact, worthwhile, feel free to send me a PM.

(edit) I was encouraged to look around the Druid forums and notice the multiple other threads about pre-raid gearing. Chalk it up to trying to moderate a forum I'm not intimately familiar with.

Yep, still a fucking idiot.

#8 Guest_Aadar_*

Guest_Aadar_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

[quote name='rholliday']I'm not sure an idol that drops in an Outland 5-man really belongs on a Wrath pre-raid list. If we're including BC idols there are plenty others. Two decent Northrend quest reward idols are and .[QUOTE]

comes out as the second best Idol for dps on my rawr (albeit a long way behind the from Naxx), and as it drops off the first boss in Arcatraz, with some shadow resist gear you could probably solo it at level 80. You could definitely duo it, and as it drops on normal you could run it over and over until it drops.

#9 rholliday

rholliday

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

comes out as the second best Idol for dps on my rawr (albeit a long way behind the from Naxx), and as it drops off the first boss in Arcatraz, with some shadow resist gear you could probably solo it at level 80. You could definitely duo it, and as it drops on normal you could run it over and over until it drops.

Mine (2.1.9) shows as the second. It also lists as being worth 0 DPS, and doesn't even show . 2.2.0b3 only lists worship, beast, and . (Still good for fights like Thaddius where you're stuck in front most of the time and you don't have worship. Plainstalker is just a lesser version of this.)

Idols have always been situationally useful, which makes their worth subjective. Emmerald doesn't even have them in his gear lists. Regardless of Rawr's opinions on idols, I still think it would be less than recommended for a cat who did not already have that idol to go farming an Outland instance for it. There are much more productive things, and more important gear, to be working on. Sporting a low ilevel level 70 idol is going to put a pre-raid druid in the position of having to defend his choice, too. It could be easily defended, but if people are just glancing over gear lists, who knows if he'll get the chance?

I think level 70 items (idols, T6, badge weapons) could be listed as possible options for those that already have them, but there would be nothing wrong with , for example, if somehow couldn't be afforded. 134.2 AP scaling with buffs is nothing to sneeze at, since it would improve all attacks. But if we're sticking with blues and purples then the only serious option is beast, especially since it's so easily obtainable.

#10 matt889

matt889

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

The Valor Badge wrists should be between 1500-2500g depending on the server, but 1500g should be the rgiht price. A bit of saving will get you some of the best bracers available pre-raiding. Ilvl 213 as well.

#11 MalaclypseTY

MalaclypseTY

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

Ugg HYBRIDS :P

Got my alt druid to 80 and am having a blast as feral currently. I'd love to be able to easily tank any of the 10 man stuff but am having fun with the interesting feral dps as well.

I've got most of the pre-raid stuff all set and now have 80 heroism tokens and about 25 valors. Since I raid on my mage I think my valor tokens will be slow going as I can only guarantee 6 a week in VoA/OS pugs. I'm in a pickle trying to decide what to buy since I can buy both dps and tanking stuff and I enjoy both.

As I've said I want to be able to easily tank any heroic/10 man and come in to OT 25's if we are short tanks for normal raiding.

Here is the gear I have for Cat:

was suprised to see this still ranked 2nd in rawr despite the blue Quest items

I swap in these for tanking

tanking chant

with 40 stam chant

Based on Rawr it seems I lucked out on my tanking trinkets. It rates both these with tanking gems above the emblem one. Not sure if once I have enough stam if that changes or whether it would be smart to get the emblem one for a more avoidance oriented set.

I was thinking about getting T7 chest as my first purchase and gemming agil then hit/exp so It works for both sets. I can get the ring from DTK so I don't need to spend my valor's on that. I would like to get T7 pants with emblems but 75 might take a long time on this toon. I will be working on Gorehide in the meantime. So I could get a dps ring. I'm definitely holding out a little bit on T7 gloves as I can probably snag those from OS fast enough so I can get a 2 piece going.

Meh just don't know where to go seeing as I like both tanking/dps but want to make sure I have a good tanking set since that gets more groups if I have to pug on my offtime. The idol would be huge for cat as well as the trinket. Any suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users