Photo

Infraction for SuperiorityDK: You're kidding, right?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13,877 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

User: SuperiorityDK
Infraction: You're kidding, right?

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

While I am not the greatest expert on these forums when it comes to DKs, I know enough to say your gear is relatively bad (you are neither hit capped nor expertise capped, and are those 10-man epics?) - but your true handicap is your ego. Good lord man, get over yourself. I'm tempted to petition an admin to get your username changed to SuperiorityComplex because damn. I'm pretty full of myself sometimes, but I am in awe at the degree of self-delusion you maintain.

Check your ego at the door. Stop whining. Let people with bigger intellects do the theorycrafting. Enjoy your day off posting, I hope it inspires you to do some reading.

Original Post:

I've been playing DW tank since my first Red Sword of Courage dropped. I'm 3 items off full best-in-slot making me probably the best geared DW DK tank posting (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've been playing deep frost 10/53/8 variants mostly though I was tempted to try out one of the D&D hybrid builds.

I'm really struggling to see how DW tanking will be viable after 3.1... At this stage it seems everything is stacked against us. Howling Blast has been "over nerfed" and any buff to Frost Strike buffs 2h more than us. There needs to be some way to keep DW tanking at least competitive without allowing hybrid DPS builds to dominate. It seems rather than trying to fix the damage of a hybrid build they're happier to just scrap the hybrid build as even possible. It seems counter-intuitive that they'd bother nerfing Howling Blast when it's not longer even possible to get in a real hybrid build.

I'm wondering how some variant of the pvp "Shadowfrost" build would go for tanking.

Perhaps something along the lines of
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Not sure how it'll go. Missing Bladed Armor will hurt, though. But otherwise it's not only a strong anti-magic build, but should be dealing decent amounts of magic damage itself through BB, IT, D&D as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users