This simulator has been created to easily compare talent spec, presence, rotation. It can also generate EPs (Equivalence Points) value that give an simulated value of each main character stats and compare them to what 1 Attack power would give you.
As other features, the simulator can help you analyze how your stats are scaling, what is the DPS value of each of your talent points.
The simulator is available on Cata DK Simulator . No installation are required, this will ensure you always run the latest version.
The first time you run the sim, you have to fill all those empty field.
1) Select a premade character and click on the Edit button next to him. This will show you the character editor tab.
2) Import from armory by clicking on the Armory button.
3) Clicking on "Save as" to create a new profile.
4) Go to the consumable tab and Select the ones you use.
5) By moussing-over an item, an item editor will appears allowing you to change gems and enchants
6) Clicking on an gem or enchant will allow you to change them.
6) Clicking on an item will open the Item selector that will allow you to change the selected item.
7) The program redirect you to the main tab.
1) Select a premade template and click on the Edit button next to him. This will show you the template editor tab.
2) Edit talent points as you wish. Take note that it do not verify if you have the prerequisite for each talent and is not caped to level 85.
3) Select your glyphs
4) Click on "Save as" to create a new template, or Save to overwrite the one you are editing.
5) The program redirect you to the main tab.
1) If you don't know what to chose, select NoIntro.xml
2) Else, select Intro.xml, and click on edit. This will take you to the Rotation/Priority Editor.
3) There you can customize, a "cast sequence" that the sim will use at the beginning of a fight. More details later.
The sim on each GCD will check what is the better to do according to the priority set up. Most of the premade include Frost Fever and Blood Plague as top priority. So the sim will use the best ability to put it on the mob.
Normally, PS is used to set Blood Plague, IT to set Frost Fever but if you have selected Glyph of Howling Blast, HB is used to set Frost Fever.
1) Before getting familiar with the tool I recommend to use one of the available Priorities.
2) If you want to edit a priority, select it and click on the Edit button next to him. You are redirected to the Priority Editor
3) On the left your actual priority sorted by what the sim will check first. On the right, there is all available priorities.
4) To win space, priority specific element are only available if you select the school in the preset on top right of the editor.
4) Click on "Save as" to create a new profile, or Save to overwrite the one you are editing.
Select a Presence.
Note: If you select Blood presence, EP Value, Stat scaling feature will be calculated regarding threat instead of dps.
The runeforge is selected as an enchant in the gear editor on the left of the screen.
By default, the scenario only contains the fight ending time. It's also possible to add events like temporary damage bonus, adds arrival... More set up and options will be available once we know better how the cataclysm encounter look like.
- Sim time: How much time you want the sim to beat the dummy.
- BoneShield Time to live: deprecated
- Latency: Default value is set to 0 due to the new Blizzard abillity queue system
- x RP every y s: For AMS soaking.
- Use pet: Tell the sim to use or not pets (Ghoul, Gargoyle).
- Wait for Proc: deprecated
- Use of BS/UA: Tell the sim how it use this abilities.
- ICC Buff: Self explanatory
-Change RNG Seed: Tell the sim to use another RNG, this might be usefull if you have really strange result.
- Merge Strike: If you want that Main Hand/ Offhand strike appears in the same line on the report, same for physical and magical scourge strike.
- Show Proc: Detailed in the report, procs like trinkets, talents (Killing machine...), pestilence use and so on.
- Generate combat log: Record the fight and allow you to wee it using the "Display last log" button. Only the GCD consummating ability are recorded.
- Very detailed combat log: Log most of the actions, procs into a file. Don't use the combat log generation if you are simming long stuff.
- Display last report: The last report is save even if you close the sim. This might be usefull from a session to another.
- Display last log: Display the last combat log
- Compare fight: Display the last combat log splited for each 6 min fight ( by default) to easily compare them.
Click on the Start button then wait for the progress bar to complete. The sim will be switched automatically to the report tab. A basic summaryis showned. Cick on show details for WWS-like report with details stats for abilities. A graph in the bottom is available. Select a fight and see dps spike or other information.
By default all raid buff are enabled.
The player is acting like not providing any raid buff. Imp Icy Talons, Abomination's Might, Horn and Ebon Plague Bringer do not provide the raid buff.
In Blood presence, the sim will collect some threat data and report them.
Avoidance influence Scent of blood proc, and Bone shield up time.
Allow you to select for which stats you want an EP value. The EP value are given relative to DPS. that means the result will be for 1 of a stat how much it give me dps. The value can be exported to external tools like Pawn for in game items comparison. The EP given for trinket are only accounting the proc and not the static stat. How the sim is calculating EP value:
A first simulation is done with the character config giving a DPS called baseDPS. Then for each stats a simulation is run by adding 50 (default value) of this stat on the character.
EP is given by the formula: EP stat = (StatDPS - baseDPS)/50
A sim is run with a weapon 0.1 second lower and compare it to previous results.
EP is given by the formula: EP stat = (WeaponSpeedDPS - baseDPS)/0.1
A sim is run with a weapon 10 dps higher and compare it to previous results.
EP is given by the formula: EP stat = (WeaponDPSDPS - baseDPS)/10
3 simulations are done to calculate this one. One with the character at expertise cap (ExpertiseRatingCap) and one it take the character with Expertise cap minus 50 (ExpertiseRating).
EP is given by the formula: EP stat = (ExpertiseRatingCap - ExpertiseRating )/50
If you have selected frost presence, the sim generate also a run called ExpertiseRatingAfterCap that take the character with Expertise cap plus 50.
EP is given by the formula: EP stat = (ExpertiseRatingAfterCap - ExpertiseRatingCap)/50
note: As the sim don't take the character real Expertise rating, this explains why a player with high expertise (after the cap) can have an value not null.
Multiple simulations are done to calculate those value. One with the character at melee hit cap, 8% Nerves of cold steel included (HitRatingCap) one with the character at melee hit cap minus 50 hit rating (HitRating) then one with the character at melee hit cap plus 28 hit rating (SpellHitRating).
If the option to have hit value after spell hit is checked, 2 other simulations are generated; Character at spell hit cap (AfterSpellHitBase), Character at spell hit cap plus 50 hit rating(AfterSpellHitRating).
Hit before melee hit cap = (HitRatingCap-HitRating )/50
Hit after melee hit cap = (SpellHitRating - HitRatingCap)/28
Hit after spell hit cap = (AfterSpellHitRating- AfterSpellHitBase)/50
note: As the sim don't take the character real hit rating rating, this explains why a player with high hit rating can seems incorrect.
Select for which stat you want and the sim will run 50 simulations incrementing each stats by 20 at each simulation to see how the stats scale. Choosing "replace stats" make sims from 0 to 1000 rating, choosing "add stats" add to the character config file 0 to 1000 (e.g. ArP at 250, the sim test with 250 to 1250 ArP rating). It might be a good way to see when ArP become better than Strength.
The report is generated under graphical form on the report tab. Select on the bottom of it which stat you want to compare.
Due to how the value are generated, if you let the default 100 hours simulation time, you will have accurate result but this will take very long.
There you can see your strength, rating, which proc/bonus have been recognize by the sim.
Checking manual input will allow you modify stat of procs.
This is where the Reforge Optimizer is hidden. Enter your EP value and caps and the sim will try to find the better combination using EP. It's long and it's due to how it have been coded.
It will generate for each reforgeable items a combination of at least 3 possibles reforge then mix it. Which for 17 slots, is 3^17 or 129,140,163 possibilities. And that takes some time to do it.
The only interesting tools in this tab is the "wipe data" button which will try to clean up some of your old profile, spec and priority.
Here is details on the less obvious Priorities available in the sim.
- Disease: Blood Plague and Frost fever are applied or refreshed the best way possible regarding to your config.i.e. it use Howling Blast is glyphed.
- BloodTap: Use blood tap whenever it's available. Not recommend due to Boneshield/PoF interaction.
- DRMObliterate / DRMDeathStrike: Force the sim to use OB or DS only to convert them to Death Rune.
- Rime: Use Hownling blast only on rime proc.
- DeathCoilMaxRp: Cast DC when charater is at max RP.
- KMFrostStrike/KMObliterate: Cast those abilities only on Killing machine proc.
- FadeRime: Make sure you don't waste a Rime proc and cast it before the rime proc fades.
How do I say the sim to use Gargoyle or DRW or summon gargoyle?
The sim cast those spell only if talented instead of a Death Coil. This assure the runes/rotation are not mixed up when casting it.
dksimulator - Google Code