• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

#761 Mavanas

Mavanas

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

As some of you may know, I have quit WoW when I started my new job, which leaves me no time to play the game and theorycraft. Before I quit, I created a new version of the simsheet with full support for HAT. At this moment, the file is well suited for simulating your dps until major changes come out. However, I am not planning to update the file for future patches due to lack of free time. I do hope you enjoyed using the program I created, and I appologize for not being able to keep it updated.

I have spent many months programming the smallest details of logic into the file, so until the logic changes completely in Cataclysm, only very little work would be required to change for the little tweaks Blizzard might make to damage formulas. So if someone is willing to keep the file updated for minor changes, I can spend some time to explain how to update it. If not, there are very strong other options out there, like Aldriana's calcsheet, Chack's java program and even the new Rawr. If I could, I'd keep the file being updated because I believe it brought unique programming approach to rogue theorycrafting and modeled many unconventional details of a rogue fight, such as target switching, HAT spec, shadowstep, and most importantly great flexibility in choosing your exact DPS strategy.

I hope you all enjoy rogue-playing as much as I did. If you want to ask me a question, feel free to pm me on the forums, I will gladly answer your questions as time permits.

Latest file version: Simsheet 3.3.3.

#762 Blo

Blo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

First post on this splendid site, although I’ve been an eager follower of this site for what feels like several years now. I felt the immediate urge to thank you, Mavanas for great work and and support through the years. You theory crafters are one of the reasons I love to play the rogue class. Thanks for a great spread sheet and good luck with your new job.

#763 Edrielle

Edrielle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

First post on this splendid site, although I’ve been an eager follower of this site for what feels like several years now. I felt the immediate urge to thank you, Mavanas for great work and and support through the years. You theory crafters are one of the reasons I love to play the rogue class. Thanks for a great spread sheet and good luck with your new job.

Seconding this. Only until very recently I've started using Aldriana's spreadsheet besides yours but until then it's served me and many others I'm sure, so indeed - thanks are very much in order.

Maybe someone is capable of taking up your work? I do hope so.
Succesfully mutilating since 2.3

#764 vicart

vicart

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

I recently changed removed my FoK glyph and added ToT glyph. After doing this the sim spreadsheet showed a 2% dps increase. I am wondering why this is? It was my understanding that only the target of ToT received a damage bonus.

If you have 2 piece T10 bonus then you recive 15 energy when cast so it increases damage that way

#765 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

The sheet assumes that TotT is cast on you as well at the same time you cast it. 2 set T10 makes no difference when changing glyphs.

#766 gurglblAt

gurglblAt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

In the 3.3.3a version of the Simsheet, that buff can be Toggled On or Off in the 'Special' section of the Inputs tab.
The two relevant settinga are 'Use ToTT on every cooldown' and 'Assume ToTT is cast on player same time.'

#767 kateyjn

kateyjn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

I'm getting an error for the link to the 3.3.3 version. Is that still the correct download location?

#768 Mavanas

Mavanas

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

The link still works. There has been over 8k downloads of the latest version, with the last one done today. As far as I know, there have been no changes to the game that would change the validity of the file so far. But feel free to correct me if I missed a release of some hot-fixes or new items.

I am still occasionally keeping an eye on the game and will probably add the 3.3.5 loot when it is finalized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users