• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 Bootup

Bootup

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Hey all. I believe I've noticed a glitch with the spreadsheet. The Runed Cardinal Ruby (epic spellpower gem) seems to have the wrong spellpower coefficient in the gem list. It's listed as 25sp and in game it manifests as 23. The gem list seems to be password protected and I can't manage to change it.

This spreadsheet is invaluable to me and the rest of my resto druids. Thank you so much for working on this!!

I noticed this was mentioned a while back but it seems as if it wasn't addressed. I just downloaded a copy of the spreadsheet and it still shows the Runed Cardinals as 25sp instead of 23. It also shows the same for the Runed Stormjewel.

#62 nikaas

nikaas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

Are there any plans for making the spreadsheet to work with OpenOffice.org because it seems some VBA macros rewriting is necessary(wich lot of us i suppose cant do ourselves)? If there is some workaround possible i would be realy thankful if someone shares it.

#63 Paininabox

Paininabox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

Are there any plans for making the spreadsheet to work with OpenOffice.org because it seems some VBA macros rewriting is necessary(wich lot of us i suppose cant do ourselves)? If there is some workaround possible i would be realy thankful if someone shares it.

There are no plans for me personally making a version of this operational for openoffice. This is mostly due to time constraints.
Level 80 Restoration Druid Spreadsheet here.
(v1.41)

#64 Mesitara

Mesitara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

Looks like the database has been updated. In free time when not feeling lazy i am writing a program for automation the getting the information on items, so soonâ„¢ might be able to tell what items are still missing.
Edit. My item parser works in such way: one manually gets html text with items, manually truncates info from it, with winword replaces some text with line breaks, saves result in text file, and only than treats the file to program. Having commas in unexpected places(e.g., item name) doesn't help writing. Getting all ways to get the item isn't easy when item can be obtained in various ways.
Edit2.items2_for_excel.zip is now testable. As always, usage of executables is on your own risk. How to use it: open Items - World of Warcraft in your favorite browser, choose the slot, click apply filter, click view source, select all, paste in notepad, save it. Double click the program, input the file name, and 3 new files should appear. The ones you would like to see, end with 1.txt and 2.txt. Open them with Excel and watch the result. The program shouldn't work with trinkets(one still may try to get the correct link).

#65 Paininabox

Paininabox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

That would be really handy! If/when you get it up and running give me a jingle. On another note, currently I'm planning out the rewrite of the sheet and plan on making two versions. One will be for WotLK and the other for Cata; hopefully this will make the transition between expansions effortless.
(v1.41)

#66 Guest_alorand_*

Guest_alorand_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Seems you don't have the Onyxia loot added, I tried adding it in the gearlist, but it is giving me issues. Also, it seems you do not have "Solace of the defeated" added.

Edit: Oh, the error when I hit recalculate is " run-time error"13" type mismatch."
(Great spreadsheet though!)

#67 Paininabox

Paininabox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, adding loot to the Gearlist will error out the calculation, because the lists that the gear and buffs sheet uses are separated from the gearlist itself due to how vlookup works. Thus when the gearlist puts that item into the gear setup, it will cause all the vlookup functions to spit reference errors everywhere and cascades down everything eventually causing the vba code to error. This is one of the big things I'm going to work on in my rewrite, that and some kind of automated method for updating the databases.
(v1.41)

#68 lxsli

lxsli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

Sorry to bug you but any ETA on 3.3? I'm curious how HT is weighing in against Nourish these days.

#69 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

When Pain has one ready to work with 3.3 a new thread will be started. Since it's currently out of date I'm going to lock this so we don't end up with a bunch of folks posting for update status.

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users