• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1574 replies to this topic

#21 Daidalos

Daidalos

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

Along these same lines, does anyone know the coefficients for our heals? I'm trying to do some theorycrafting for resto shamans and the only tested coefficient I can find for -any- heal is on wowwiki, and that's 162% for healing touch.

I have all the healing coefs in my resto calc sheet. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Restoration Shaman calculations:http://spreadsheets....0IWv3sPmcYnEJUg

#22 Protico

Protico

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

I have looked around and haven't seen it, has theorycrafting been done on Berserking vs Mongoose?

#23 Talaus-Mok'Nathal

Talaus-Mok'Nathal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Well, some napkin math on the subject assuming they're both 1 ppm. Mongoose gives 120 Agi (132 with Kings) and 2% Haste (~65 haste rating). Assuming a 1.7 EP value on agility and a 1.3 value on haste rating (based on Rounced's numbers in the TTT) we get 288.5 EP from Mongoose (or 308.9 with Kings on), and a flat 400 AP from Berserking. Since they should have equal uptime, Beserking wins out from a straight EP standpoint.

#24 Andunie

Andunie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

I tried Icebreaker (for kicks) on a fast offhand -- proc was 130 damage, could crit, and never missed. The proc rate was really, really bad. 0.4% in the parse I looked at.

Has anyone tried Black Magic yet?

#25 Jacey

Jacey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Generally, what stat balance should Resto shamans be looking at at level 80? A balance of spellpower, int, crit, haste and mana per 5 (using just generally the best iLevel item available for you in the slot?) or should we be stacking a stat (like haste, crit or mp5?)

Is there any "ideal" level of haste crit or spellpower at early level 80?

#26 Wolflord

Wolflord

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Enhancement Shaman question. Is there any consensus on which Major Glyph is best in the third slot (assuming the first two are Stormstrike and Flametongue), specifically out of Lava Lash and Windfury Weapon?

#27 Artoxia

Artoxia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

Enhancement shaman questions:

I was quite busy the last weeks, so i couldn't catch up with the your Theorycrafting. I'd be happy about some simple answers on some simple questions :-)

Do we still need 177 Hit to be capped at lvl 80?
Where is the Expertise cap?
Are there any summarized instructions for "how to use the simulator"?

#28 Protico

Protico

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Enhancement shaman questions:

I was quite busy the last weeks, so i couldn't catch up with the your Theorycrafting. I'd be happy about some simple answers on some simple questions :-)

"At level 80 the [hit] caps will be 367 rating or 341 for Draenai."
"8.1975 expertise rating:1 Expertise at level 80, and reduces the chance for your target to dodge and parry by 0.25% per point of Expertise. 205 Expertise Rating is required to achieve 6.25% dodge reduction" - Malan In the TTT

I found that the readme got me most of the way on EnhSim, not sure what sim you are using.

#29 Krim

Krim

Banned

• Banned
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

This question of mine has not yet been answered in the Restoration Shammy Think Tank, so I'm asking it here: though I believe the answer may be ambiguous.

I am raiding 25 man Naxx and am currently specced 0/17/54. I was wondering if it should be considered taking points out of Improved Water Shield, or Healing Focus, and putting them into Ancestral Awakening (AA). I do understand that AA is only effected by beneficial healign amounts, however I am finding that most of my casts are Riptide and Chain Heal, with the exceptions of Patchwerk where I spam LHW (glyphed).

In addition, I am also currently stacking +16 intellect gems (to gain full use from Replenishment, Mana Tide) and am currently on 20,000 mana unbuffed, what should I am for? (I myself think 25,000 unbuffed).

#30 Sunchips

Sunchips

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

This question of mine has not yet been answered in the Restoration Shammy Think Tank, so I'm asking it here: though I believe the answer may be ambiguous.

I am raiding 25 man Naxx and am currently specced 0/17/54. I was wondering if it should be considered taking points out of Improved Water Shield, or Healing Focus, and putting them into Ancestral Awakening (AA). I do understand that AA is only effected by beneficial healign amounts, however I am finding that most of my casts are Riptide and Chain Heal, with the exceptions of Patchwerk where I spam LHW (glyphed).

In addition, I am also currently stacking +16 intellect gems (to gain full use from Replenishment, Mana Tide) and am currently on 20,000 mana unbuffed, what should I am for? (I myself think 25,000 unbuffed).

On fights like KT or 10 man saph(CH not always reliable) LHW spam usually runs my AA healing anywhere from 5-10% of healing done on WWS....definitely not something to overlook.

As far as gearing, by the time you reach 25k unbuffed you will certainly have a good amount of crit from that int, and your spell power may or may not be to the point where much of it is overheal already. Obviously the "more SP is still efficiency because the more you heal the less you need to" argument still applies despite no more downranking but realistically.....whenever I think about gemming something other than int, I just feel like there really isn't a point at the moment.

Also, not sure if people are factoring this in, but as soon as you drop 2piece t6 you're going to lose over 200 mp5 while chain casting CH. So if you think your mana is infinite now that may change a little when you upgrade to all 80 gear.

[e] Tip for you since you're a JCer. You can use 2 27 int dragonseyes in those trinket sockets and you'll keep the bonus. You may be in the same boat as me and your guild has only been buying patterns atm, but thought it was worth mentioning since blue sockets are still less than ideal.

#31 Toots Hepcat

Toots Hepcat

Care for a jelly baby?

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Enhancement Shaman question. Is there any consensus on which Major Glyph is best in the third slot (assuming the first two are Stormstrike and Flametongue), specifically out of Lava Lash and Windfury Weapon?

You are already doing it wrong.

Glyph of Stormstrike > Glyph of Windfury Weapon > Glyph of Earth Shock > Glyph of Flametongue > Glyph of Lava Lash > Glyph of Lightning Shield

Can be tested easily in enhsim.

#32 Toots Hepcat

Toots Hepcat

Care for a jelly baby?

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

Level 80 conversion is 26.2 spell hit rating = 1% hit. You want 17% spell hit, get 3% from raid buffs. Horde, you want 367 hit rating. After grabbing this much hit your yellow hit will be capped as well, capping white hit is not a priority but it's not a waste of stats, either.

Expertise cap is 26. Conversion is 8.2 expertise = 1 Expertise. 214 expertise rating is the cap; any more than this is wasted.

The simulator is stupid easy to use.

#33 Guest_-Abakus-_*

Guest_-Abakus-_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Generally, what stat balance should Resto shamans be looking at at level 80? A balance of spellpower, int, crit, haste and mana per 5 (using just generally the best iLevel item available for you in the slot?) or should we be stacking a stat (like haste, crit or mp5?)

Is there any "ideal" level of haste crit or spellpower at early level 80?

for the same item budget, int is more effective in mana return than mp5. this is because of the new replenishment mechanic (scaling off of your total mana), in addition to larger return from mana tide, alongside having a larger mana pool AND getting a little bonus spell crit to boot.

#34 sovelis41

sovelis41

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

For those using the "Glyphed LHW Spam" for MT healing, what kind of crit chance are you looking at in raids? I tried this last night on 10 Man Patch and it just didn't feel like it was enough vs. the mana cost. This could be that I don't have enough crit (~20%) and need to stack a bit more int, but HW/CH/RT seemed to give me more controlled options when healing that fight.

Also, are people taking socket bonuses? I've generally been going red: pure SP, yellow: pure int, blue: int/mp5 for my gemming, but have been strongly considering putting 16 int in every socket and then balancing the stats when I'm in full/near full t7.5.
You pay for the whole chair, but you only need the edge.

#35 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

So they changed their minds? Thats odd, I read the beta forums regularly and never saw a post saying they aren't going to. The only one I remember was shaman were reporting they still didnt scale.

No I assume they put it in a bug report and just never got around to it. They're broken but functional, so it's probably a very low priority.

#36 Sunchips

Sunchips

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

For those using the "Glyphed LHW Spam" for MT healing, what kind of crit chance are you looking at in raids? I tried this last night on 10 Man Patch and it just didn't feel like it was enough vs. the mana cost. This could be that I don't have enough crit (~20%) and need to stack a bit more int, but HW/CH/RT seemed to give me more controlled options when healing that fight.

Also, are people taking socket bonuses? I've generally been going red: pure SP, yellow: pure int, blue: int/mp5 for my gemming, but have been strongly considering putting 16 int in every socket and then balancing the stats when I'm in full/near full t7.5.

For 25 man patch I used LHW pretty much exclusively until about sub 10% when I just switched to riptide HW spam. Between beacon heals (we had 2 paladins at the time, 1 beaconing to each hateful tank) and druids hotting both hateful tanks. LHW was plenty enough for each hit. Granted, the tank I was on was a druid with better gear. We put like 2 priests and a shaman on the DK hateful tank and I'm not sure what they used but he was getting burst hard. WWS of crit stats for 25 man patch.

[e] Actually we put extra healers on the druid to ensure he was topped off immediately and took a ton more hatefuls than the DK OT. So I'm not sure how useful that wws info would be. Regardless, my LHW was hitting 43% raid buffed.

For 10 man patch I think it depends a lot who you're healing with. I did it this week with a still mostly 70 geared resto druid and one of the tanks was a dps warrior with quite sub-par gear. I just told the druid to heal only him and I healed with LHW(on the warrior) and chain heals on the druid. I definitely did have to use Healing waves in the 10 man though. If we were using 3 healers I can't see how I would've needed to.

#37 sovelis41

sovelis41

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I definitely did have to use Healing waves in the 10 man though. If we were using 3 healers I can't see how I would've needed to.

We were using 3 healers, but 2 of them were fresh 80s (literally dinged that day) so their gear was leveling + 5man stuff. I guess the quick heal spam just doesn't mesh with my healing style, but I can learn to love it getting enough crit.
You pay for the whole chair, but you only need the edge.

#38 Sunchips

Sunchips

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

We were using 3 healers, but 2 of them were fresh 80s (literally dinged that day) so their gear was leveling + 5man stuff. I guess the quick heal spam just doesn't mesh with my healing style, but I can learn to love it getting enough crit.

Tank gear has a lot to do with it as well I'm sure.

#39 Gadoh

Gadoh

Just a little bit off

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

Oh thats too bad. I mean they still heal for a pretty decend amount, but im only in t6 gear still. I have a feeling they wont be as great when people upgrade to s5 gear.

#40 Jolidona

Jolidona

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hi. I just wanted to ask.
Is the Spell Power from an Flametounge Totem added to the damage of a Searing totem? Since they´re both fire totems and "consume" each other. And does the spell haste from Wrath of Air totem affect the searing totem? Or doesn´t totems affect each other at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users