1574 replies to this topic

#41 Stopokingme

Stopokingme

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hi. I just wanted to ask.
Is the Spell Power from an Flametounge Totem added to the damage of a Searing totem? Since they´re both fire totems and "consume" each other. And does the spell haste from Wrath of Air totem affect the searing totem? Or doesn´t totems affect each other at all?

Searing totem damage is based on your spellpower. As for the other question, drop a searing totem, drop a wrath of air totem, target the searing totem, and you'll see it either has or has not got the wrath of air buff. I'm pretty damn sure it won't have it.

#42 Sorrugis

Sorrugis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

I was thinking about starting a new thread to cover the topic after searching all the Resto threads I could find over the past few days, but figured I would ask here before dedicating a new thread to the subject.

My question was regarding methods of healing in PvP situations. I have always used Clique in combination with my PitBull unit frames, but after watching many PvP videos and talking to a few high ranked shamans, it seems that they all use a series of macro heals for their various teammates.

My question is this; How do you heal in the arena? I would love to know what type of macros / mods you use to perform various actions (poison removal, LHW spams, ect).

It is possible that this is a topic that has already been covered, as it isn't a topic that only pertains to level 80 PvP. If anyone knows of a thread where this subject is under discussion, I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction. It just seems there hasn't been much action in the Player Versus Player section.

#43 browncowdown

browncowdown

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

in a raid situation..what is better right now, WF/FT or WF/WF..my current weapons are Titainsteel Bonecrusher and The Stray

#44 gillon

gillon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

I'll start off with saying that I've searched around a bit and came up with nothing, which I was quite surprised at seeing how these kind of things are allways stated on EJ. After that I noticed this topic and figured it was the perfect place for my probably rather simple question.

What I'm interested in is at what hitrating elemental shamans are capped at if you consider that we have the 3% from the elemental tree. I'd like to know what goes for both heroic bosses and 10/25 man content in terms of the cap.

Thanks.

#45 Laupen

Laupen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hit rating required for a lvl 80 Elemental Shaman w/ lvl 83 target (raid boss):

Horde: 368 (289 buffed)
Alliance: 341 (263 buffed)

This can all be worked out using information found here or in wowwiki.com.
1% Spell Hit = 26.23 hit rating. Chance to miss a mob 3 levels above you is 17%. With a Shadow Priest or Moonkin in the raid the cap is 79 lower (additional 3% hit). You get 3% from talents. Alliance get an extra 1% because we're awesome.

Note: Numbers are always rounded up.

It's not my place to say, but if you are at the stage where you are hit capped for raids, you probably don't need to be min/maxing your DPS in heroics. Bosses are one level lower and thus require only 6% hit (instead of 17%). If you're that bothered, the maths you need is all in this post.

#46 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

You are already doing it wrong.

Glyph of Stormstrike > Glyph of Windfury Weapon > Glyph of Earth Shock > Glyph of Flametongue > Glyph of Lava Lash > Glyph of Lightning Shield

Can be tested easily in enhsim.

Actually it's

SS > *ES > WF = FT = LS > LL

*except that the ES glyph is currently bugged and just should be kept in the bank until it is fixed.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums ->

is the Beta post I made testing the ES glyph and Ghostcrawler's reply showing that Blizzard is at least aware of the Bug and working on fixing it. Once fixed it will be the 2nd best glyph behind SS followed by all the others.

edit - looks like they just pulled the Beta forums - basically the glyph is being capped at a 1 second GCD even though it is supposed to be able to reduce the GCD to under 1 second. Ghostcrawler responded that they will be looking into it and trying to have it working properly soon.

Use this script to test the ES glyph for yourself.

/run hooksecurefunc("CooldownFrame_SetTimer", function(_, start, duration, enable) if start > 0 and enable > 0 then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(duration) end end)

They are not scaling at all, and from what I understood from beta they aren't going to scale with AP, they'll scale with stamina and Hit Rating.

MMO-Champion BlueTracker - GC: Shaman's Spirit Wolves still not scaling

Fixed in next patch.

Also GC posted on the now lost Beta forums that the wolves were going to be scaling with Shaman's Hit, Stam and AP. In the thread where he responded he originally said they were going to scale with our strength but when everyone started pointing out that we no longer like strength very much as a stat he rescinded that statement and said they will be scaling with our AP.

Easiest way to test if the hotfix has gone live is to check your wolves hitpoints when summoned naked and when summoned with all your gear on. If you are interested in more detail, or want to help test the scaling factors once the hotfix goes live, copy/paste the following and run it (I just keep it macroed for easy use) to be able to open a pet tab whenever your wolves are active.

/run if not oldHasPetUI then oldHasPetUI = HasPetUI; HasPetUI = function() return true, false; end end PetTab_Update() ToggleCharacter("PetPaperDollFrame")

#47 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

Simple question:

Any reason there isn't a new Enhancement Shaman thread in this sub-forum? We need somewhere to post our collective wisdom :)
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#48 Shadovv

Shadovv

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

I see the top shaman are gemming their meta socket with the new

While I can't find someone who can cut this on my server, after getting a new helm from Naxx tonight I decided to gem the old and watched my intellect before and after, and it increased by...3. Is this a bug? Or does this only affect BASE int? If so its pretty underwhelming...

Just to clarify I have 792 intellect (138 + 654) and my total amount increase by 3 with this meta.

#49 Stopokingme

Stopokingme

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Were you by chance using the int and mana regen meta? That might be it ;)

#50 Kaytikat

Kaytikat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

I'm not sure why anyone would be using the when is available.

The first is 25 spell power + 2% int which, even with a sizable mana pool, AK and BoK, will still only come to 20-25 int (so 12-15 mp5 and a tiny amount of healing and crit).

On the other hand, the is 21 int and a chance for 600 mana, which looking at my WWS reports seems to be the normal 45 secs hidden cooldown procing once per minute for an astounding 50mp5. 25 spell power is two red gems - what price 50mp5?

#51 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

Simple question:

Any reason there isn't a new Enhancement Shaman thread in this sub-forum? We need somewhere to post our collective wisdom :)

The goal is to no longer have "mega threads" that handle every topic under the sun for a particular spec/class. If people have enhancement discussions, they should start a new thread devoted to a particular issue.

in a raid situation..what is better right now, WF/FT or WF/WF..my current weapons are Titainsteel Bonecrusher and The Stray

Seriously, use the sim. If you're too lazy to do that, use rockbiter.

My question is this; How do you heal in the arena? I would love to know what type of macros / mods you use to perform various actions (poison removal, LHW spams, ect). .

Probably an issue broad enough that you should start a thread in the PvP sub-forum.

#52 Frosthoof

Frosthoof

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

Question regarding Enhancement:

Pre-WotLK I was sitting at roughly 29% crit unbuffed. In raid with buffs and procs I could see my crit reach ~45% if not more. I was wondering, did anyone ever find out if there is a "cap" on crit? By that, I mean at what point should one consider stacking up raw AP over Crit/AP+crit? (provided Hit/expertise cap are reached of course)

#53 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Crit has diminishing returns the closer to 100% you get, so yes there is a "cap" on it where eventually crit will provide less DPS than some other stat.

#54 Protico

Protico

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Question regarding Enhancement:

Pre-WotLK I was sitting at roughly 29% crit unbuffed. In raid with buffs and procs I could see my crit reach ~45% if not more. I was wondering, did anyone ever find out if there is a "cap" on crit? By that, I mean at what point should one consider stacking up raw AP over Crit/AP+crit? (provided Hit/expertise cap are reached of course)

There is also a hard cap depending on how much of your hit table the "hit" portion makes up. Chance to crit cannot be larger than your total chance to land a hit.

#55 gothic

gothic

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

Does anyone know where one might find a list/chart of the base stats (Or just Int) for the various races of shamans? I've been hunting around trying to locate anything, but not turning up with much.

For example, I read that a troll shaman will have 104 base int at level 70. I'd also like 71-80, and the other races. If all else fails, I will make due with level 70 and 80, then just pull some numbers to fill in the gaps.

#56 Toots Hepcat

Toots Hepcat

Care for a jelly baby?

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:41 AM

I was wondering, did anyone ever find out if there is a "cap" on crit?

There are three:

White Cap = 100 - Glancing - Miss - Dodge = 100 - 25 - (28 - Hit) - (6.5 - .25 * Expertise) = 60.07% for a shaman with no expertise who's spell hit capped (6 + 13.57 hit)
Yellow Cap = 100 - Miss - Dodge = 93.5% for a shaman with no expertise who's spell hit capped.
Spell Cap = 100 - Miss = 100% for a shaman who's spell hit capped

By that, I mean at what point should one consider stacking up raw AP over Crit/AP+crit?

And this is where frequent simulation cycles come into play. 60.07% seems high, but it's possible with crit rating procs, ED and mongoose you'd go above 60% crit at some point in your DPS cycle. I suggest running the sim after every upgrade; shoot tukez has that thing spitting out results in less than a minute

#57 Wolflord

Wolflord

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:36 AM

Enhancement Question.

After using the simulator I arrived at:
> >

But Im unsure of where fits in as I dont know its uptime.

#58 IMB111

IMB111

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

Enhancement:
I just used the aep (*100) I got from the simulator in lootrank and got some really strange results for the Mainhand.
Loot Rank for WOLTK
Are there any mistakes or are Caster Weapons really that good? The aep for MH/OH-speed are estimated, so probably the reoson are those numbers, but I don't know how to get exact numbers.

#59 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

Enhancement:
I just used the aep (*100) I got from the simulator in lootrank and got some really strange results for the Mainhand.
Loot Rank for WOLTK
Are there any mistakes or are Caster Weapons really that good? The aep for MH/OH-speed are estimated, so probably the reoson are those numbers, but I don't know how to get exact numbers.

Increase the speed value by about 50%.

There is a formula for calculating the value for weapon speed on the first page of this thread, hell it's the very first question asked and it's answered in the next post.

Also you may want to try inputting actual AeP values into Lootrank so the results have a bit more relevance, putting strength in as 1.10 when AP is set to 1 and so forth so the ranking will show the differences between the items in regard to actual attackpower instead of those massive numbers with no real link to anything.

http://elitistjerks....ent/#post978969

Is the post I made on the TTT about intro-raiding AeP values and it has a link to a lootlink with correct weapon speed values for that level of gear.

All that said, yes, spellpower weapons aren't anywhere near as bad as they used to be for us since Spellpower is approaching a AeP value of 1 so they will show up on your lootrank list. Leave them for the Elemental Shaman though, since they will derive more benefit then you will from them.

Edited to add a question of my own:

I've been playing with the Sim regarding weapon speed and I've noticed something strange. Matched weapon speeds work out to more dps even when using Windfury/Flametongue. Can anyone think of a logical reason why that would be true or could it be a flaw in the simulator?

#60 Hilarius

Hilarius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

I've seen a couple of numbers being thrown around, and I was wondering if there was a consensus on the sweet spot for character sheet crit, or at least a ballpark value to aim for as an elemental shaman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users