• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mesquite

Mesquite

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hi, I am now working on a hunter in which I am going leatherworking/skinning. I want to use it as a source of income, but I am not sure which way to go.

Tribial has alot of good stuff in there, but it does seem to be fairly difficult to farm for it, which I am sure is true for all of them.

Elemental, I dont have alot of interest in, but maybe I should.

Dragonscale seems nice to make my own gear, but can I make some good money using it, and how difficult would it be to farm for?

Guess I would just like your opinions on the three if thats possible, I don't know alot about them end game.

Grats on your success, that shark looks scary. :)

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Leatherworking is currently pretty much complete garbage, sorry. Not a single branch has any attractive recipes. The only marketable LW stuff is the high-end Zandalar and Cenarion Circle crafts, but hey, those are open to all LWs regardless of specialization!

#3 Hi

Hi

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

The only marketable LW stuff is the high-end Zandalar and Cenarion Circle crafts, but hey, those are open to all LWs regardless of specialization!

:laugh:

That's kinda sad.

#4 Taeme

Taeme

Soda Popinski

• Allied Members
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

The best thing to make money off skinning is processing rugged leather into headbands, which has a good chance to disenchant into Greater Eternal Essence and shards.
you're the one that decided to trust me

#5 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Devilsaur is the only thing that seems to always sell well. But then again, it's probably not that profitable compared to other things you could be farming.
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#6 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

with cc rep you can make some nice stuff but typically crafting skills wont make you much money. gathering skills and disenchanting are where the money is imo.
Posted Image

#7 Spartacus

Spartacus

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:32 PM

Leatherworking is currently pretty much complete garbage, sorry. Not a single branch has any attractive recipes. The only marketable LW stuff is the high-end Zandalar and Cenarion Circle crafts, but hey, those are open to all LWs regardless of specialization!

Hamlet:

with cc rep you can make some nice stuff but typically crafting skills wont make you much money. gathering skills and disenchanting are where the money is imo.

Thanks for the sweet post Hamlet.

#8 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

I never claimed to be able to show much insight into anything but to add to that.
You can make this stuff with CC rep. I really like the bracers if you dont have your tier 1 or 2 ones. craftables from cc rep
Posted Image

#9 Mizerok

Mizerok

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

Well the funny thing about Stormshroud is that is sucks rather remarkably. But I see people with it EVERYWHERE. I started making sets from farmed materials and BAM! I made a TON of money. Sure Devilsaur is nice, but people love all the +crit. Also, Shifting Cloaks are NICE if you know where to farm all the mats, and are now easier to make due to the change in the droprate of Skin of Shadow. Still...Dragonscale is where the money is I think. The stuff you can make for shammies is simply amazing.

#10 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

Also, Shifting Cloaks are NICE if you know where to farm all the mats, and are now easier to make due to the change in the droprate of Skin of Shadow.

Whoa, they changed the drop rate on Skin of Shadow? Ie you can get 2 from looting it?

#11 Graham

Graham

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Whoa, they changed the drop rate on Skin of Shadow? Ie you can get 2 from looting it?

The Rattlebone construct dudes down in the basement can drop them now as well.

#12 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Also, Shifting Cloaks are NICE if you know where to farm all the mats, and are now easier to make due to the change in the droprate of Skin of Shadow.

The Constructs in Rattlegore's room all have a chance of dropping Skins (still BoP).

It's like stitchings in Strat. Except you have one guaranteed one from the groundspawn.

#13 Spartacus

Spartacus

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,471 posts

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the change is that the ground spawn of one continues to be there, but any of the Constructs also have a chance to drop one as well.

Edit: God damn it.

#14 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

we had guys run one scholo run and get 5. It is helpful for those like myself that hate the place but needed 4 for my zg enchants.
Posted Image

#15 Mesquite

Mesquite

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hmm, so maybe I go Dragonscale to make myself some things, and send alot of it to an alt enchanter to sell the dust/shards. Those Blackdragon scale pieces look pretty nice, with the +attack power, as a hunter, do you think they are as good or better than some pieces that I could get with agility?

I am a bit disappointed that LW is not very profitable, but it is NOT at all surprising. Seems alot of the money aspect of this game is based on luck, rather than taking the time to craft things.

Thanks for the replies as usual its helpful.

#16 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

Wow, I had no idea... :blink: I've been missing out on the jackpot. Shifting cloaks, here I come!

#17 ex-Visus

ex-Visus

Don Flamenco

• Guild Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

As a tribal leatherworker, the only marketable patterns within this tree are Devilsaur and Hide of the Wild. If you are searching for a means to make gold over the long term, I would recommend gathering skills, particularly herbalism, as a worthwhile path to choose.

#18 Mizerok

Mizerok

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

Wow, I had no idea... :blink: I've been missing out on the jackpot. Shifting cloaks, here I come!

I have made 8 since the patch :D

<~~ Farming Madman

#19 Sarpeseus

Sarpeseus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

Hmm, so maybe I go Dragonscale to make myself some things, and send alot of it to an alt enchanter to sell the dust/shards. Those Blackdragon scale pieces look pretty nice, with the +attack power, as a hunter, do you think they are as good or better than some pieces that I could get with agility?

No, there are superior pieces to every Black Dragonscale piece, that are easier to get as well(doesn't cost money); for example the Bone Golem shoulders instead of B.D. Shoulders, Ogre Forged Hauberk instead of B.D. Chest, Leggings of Destruction instead of B.D. Leggings.

The boots are kind of odd, but pretty useless on an alt hunter, as I'm assuming you aren't doing Vael or anything.

#20 Mesquite

Mesquite

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Vael will not be happening soon.

I have no idea which way to go now, seems that there is no point in doing any of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users