95 replies to this topic

#21 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

Starfox,

If during Execute phase you hit 'Execute' without a Sudden Death proc up it does dump all of your rage. (Execute functions as normal)
If the proc is up when in Execute phase - It treats the ability as per the normal rules of Sudden Death that Rallik outlined above.

Ok, had it implemented so that SD below 20% was just the '10 rage left', but I'll change it, thanks.

r2125 has SD now implemented as you stated
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#22 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

And the profile reaches -4.5% with expertise, so it is a spec with 2/2 weapon mastery right?

Yep, was assuming fairly cookie cutter: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

#23 Pugageddon

Pugageddon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Concerning offhand sword spec procs, they actually proc main hand hits. Irefighter recently tested this and confirmed it in the Arms thread. Iirc, all effects that proc extra hits (except windfury weapon) always proc mainhand hits. Don't quote me on that one, but sword spec has always functioned that way, both the warrior and the rogue versions.

#24 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

Concerning offhand sword spec procs, they actually proc main hand hits. Irefighter recently tested this and confirmed it in the Arms thread. Iirc, all effects that proc extra hits (except windfury weapon) always proc mainhand hits. Don't quote me on that one, but sword spec has always functioned that way, both the warrior and the rogue versions.

That's the way i implemented it, fine

Yep, was assuming fairly cookie cutter: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

What about 3.1.0 now with weapon mastery switched to arms?

BTW: Did a run with 3.1.0 mechanics
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#25 Zene

Zene

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

BTW: Did a run with 3.1.0 mechanics

Are you posting your results anywhere? I'm guessing its someone else in the community that posts the different scenarios and makes summaries? Like the big simulation craft post for warlocks? Thanks.

#26 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

That's the way i implemented it, fine

What about 3.1.0 now with weapon mastery switched to arms?

This would likely be new standard fury in 3.1 then: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Also, I'll need to update that gearset too, it was pre-3.1 changes, and pretty bad after the imp zerk stance change.

#27 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

Are you posting your results anywhere? I'm guessing its someone else in the community that posts the different scenarios and makes summaries? Like the big simulation craft post for warlocks? Thanks.

http://elitistjerks....ge/#post1183349 ?
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#28 Irefighter

Irefighter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

I took a quick glace over your coding, and while only having 1.5 years of Java learning under my belt, I understand the general ideas you are going for.

One thing I noticed that concerned me is your No-Abilities-During-Bladestorm solution. A 6 sec GCD would solve it, EXCEPT for HS/Cleave in actuality, but I'm not sure exactly how you've programmed those abilities, and if Heroic Strike is actually disabled during Bladestorm like it should be.

Otherwise, it looks great. Do you have a UI that we could start plugging numbers into and test results yet?

#29 charriu

charriu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

I took a quick glace over your coding, and while only having 1.5 years of Java learning under my belt, I understand the general ideas you are going for.

One thing I noticed that concerned me is your No-Abilities-During-Bladestorm solution. A 6 sec GCD would solve it, EXCEPT for HS/Cleave in actuality, but I'm not sure exactly how you've programmed those abilities, and if Heroic Strike is actually disabled during Bladestorm like it should be.

Otherwise, it looks great. Do you have a UI that we could start plugging numbers into and test results yet?

Simulationcraft doesn't have a UI. You just edit the .simcraft files and (on windows) double click on them to run it (if configured)/drag and drop them on top of the simcraft.bat file.

#30 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

It works pretty much like you said, will never use more than 30 rage, will never leave you with less than 10 rage, sooo:

40+ rage: only 30 rage is lost and damage is the same as a 30 rage execute
30-39 rage: damage is the same as a 30 rage execute, but you're left with 10 rage afterwards
<30 rage: damage is the same as a regular execute at whatever rage you're at, and you're left with 10 rage afterwards

As far as I understand for >=30 rage damage is calculated as for 30-execute_cost rage + glyph. I'm basing this on the following patch notes (3.0.8):

Sudden Death: The amount of rage spent on an Execute while Sudden Death is active is now capped at 30 rage. Improved Execute and the Glyph of Execute will still increase the damage done by increasing the amount of rage able to be converted into damage.

#31 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

As far as I understand for >=30 rage damage is calculated as for 30-execute_cost rage + glyph. I'm basing this on the following patch notes (3.0.8):

Right, that's still just the damage of a normal 30 rage execute though. A 30 rage execute with imp execute/glyph will have 30*38 bonus damage, and a 30 rage execute without them will have 15*38 bonus damage. I only meant that the calculation is no different for SD.

#32 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Fix the weirdness of stats on bladestorm, would be nice if someone with an eye for it could look at the stats and spot if something lookss just wrong :)
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#33 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Fixed a few bugs and did a rerun with the latest version of the sim, can anyone fimiliar with fury/arms look at the numbers and say if they are reasonable or just out of line?
Besides that, what glyphs are now used?

Fury: WW, HS, Exe ?
Arms: MS, Rend, Bladestorm ?
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#34 Guyfromlv

Guyfromlv

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

Besides that, what glyphs are now used?

Fury: WW, HS, Exe ?
Arms: MS, Rend, Bladestorm ?

Mostly, however Exe glyph is better than Bladestorm

#35 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Mostly, however Exe glyph is better than Bladestorm

Thx, will change glyphs and redo the run
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#36 jlassila

jlassila

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

The arms actions you've listed are probably not quite right. Here's what I'm thinking:

actions=flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=dragonfin_filet
actions+=/stance,choose=battle/auto_attack
actions+=/bloodrage,rage<=85
actions+=/rend
actions+=/execute,sudden_death=1
actions+=/overpower
actions+=/bladestorm
actions+=/heroic_strike,rage>=90
actions+=/mortal_strike
actions+=/slam

Can you try those out? :) I'll try to get & compile your changed version as well to test it myself...

Ervin

#37 jlassila

jlassila

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Ok, I managed to run some tests, here's what I found to be the "best", with the current simulation implementation at least:

actions=flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=dragonfin_filet
actions+=/stance,choose=battle/auto_attack
actions+=/bloodrage,rage<=85
actions+=/rend
actions+=/overpower
actions+=/bladestorm
actions+=/mortal_strike
actions+=/execute
actions+=/heroic_strike,rage>=80
actions+=/slam

Looks rather simple priority order. Heroic striking raised the dps only ~1% though, so might as well forget it and concentrate on slamming efficiently. Adding criteria to only execute if have >=30 rage lowered the dps.

Thanks a ton Starfox for implementing the warrior into simcraft - I had started it myself too but got distracted by other issues ;).

#38 Fex

Fex

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Ok, I managed to run some tests, here's what I found to be the "best", with the current simulation implementation at least:

Have you tried it with and instead of the STR/AP buffs?

Edit: OK, kids, this is why posting on no sleep because you're on call and got called all night long is bad. Obviously 45 ArP, no matter how good, isn't going to be better than 180 AP. But, I am still curious about the ArP food over .

#39 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

One things that boggles my mind at the moment is the scaling values for agi and crit for fury/arms
Scale Factors:
  Warrior_T7_18_53_00        agility=0.59  crit_rating=1.18
  Warrior_T7_MS              agility=0.73  crit_rating=0.89
I'll look into that after raiding, pretty weird though :/
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#40 jlassila

jlassila

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Overall, I'm not getting the same numbers as Starfox - you're not using the globals etc. file from svn? Makes it slightly difficult to compare the figures I'm getting to ones you have...

Also, the arms spec that you used is a bit off I think, a more normal/accepted(?) would be Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft.

Improved execute is seen as giving considerable dps, but not according to the sim. I think the talent is perhaps calculated wrong? When calculating the damage an execute does, shouldn't the 5 rage you get from the talent be added to the "excess rage" that is used to calculate the damage? I did that change, but it didn't make a big impact though. Maybe the talent just is not that good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users