• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8116 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

It might also be worth factoring in the very low Energy cost and the fact that not only is it a quick DoT-style debuff which gets consumed quickly (meaning you can lay Hemos as quick as you have Energy in some cases), but it does have a DD portion as well. Also, CP generation will be faster than Combat Rogues but maybe not as quick as SF Rogues.

The energy cost was factored into the CP math I ran - Hemo will generate one more combo point than spamming SS every 12 seconds.

With good gear SF rogues generate combo points at a slightly higher rate than a rogue spamming SS. However, there are a couple problems. Your critrate against a 63 elite is not what your mouseover + 30% is, regardless of how much we wish it.

So SS rogues generate 1CP every 4 seconds from an empty energy bar.

Seal Fate rogues generate 2CP every 6 seconds (critrate + 30)% of the time, and 1CP (1 - critrate+30) the rest of the time.

My default critrate in raiding gear is ~30%(it's actually 29.6 but 30 is nice and round). Were I to spec Seal Fate this would drop to 25% thanks to the loss of max dagger spec, so I could expect every backstab to give on average approximately (2 * .55) + (1 * .45) = 1.55CP. That's 1.03CP generated per 40 energy vs. 1 for a combat build, but we lose DW spec, precision, and dagger spec, all of which are huge for a raiding build.

Hemo rogues generate 1CP every 35 energy, or 1.75 seconds. So you're generating 1.14 CP per 40 energy, which is much faster than Seal Fate. You'd need to boost your critrate with backstab to 72% - a base 42% critrate - before SF would generate CP faster than hemo.

#62 Zellyn

Zellyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

Have you seen the Nerf Sap 6 video of that Prep Rogue? I was pretty impressed watching it, but I was also extremely high, so I shall reserve final judgement until I can watch it again.

That idiot wants to nerf sap? SAP?! Fuck me, he can take that skill away completely! Cannot be applied in combat, can only be applied in stealth and doesn't even last the full duration if the mob is even or higher level than you, most of the time. Yeah, that needs nerfing. I'm glad I'm a pure combat build now, instead of Seal Fate, so I can just Blade Flurry two mobs down instead of praying that sap holds on long enough. God.
<08-07-09 02:09>[Velth] This is the behavior of a benefactor of the EJ forums?

#63 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

Pretty sure that was a joke title, like the Druid PvP video named "Nerf Druids." :ph34r:

#64 Zellyn

Zellyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

Pretty sure that was a joke title, like the Druid PvP video named "Nerf Druids." :ph34r:

Oh, I saw "nerf" "6" and "that prep rogue" and though of the jackass who made that World of Roguecraft tripe.

#65 Liandra

Liandra

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

So, can we conclude then that Druids are 'different' tanks than Warriors? Just like they are different healers to Priests?

That having a mix of (mostly) warriors and (some) druids might be nice for a raid?
With great power comes great responsibility.

#66 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

I think the conclusion that they are different types of tanks is fair but having some of both(tanking wise atleast) is not necessary since there really arent any encounts(MC and BWL atleast) that really make the differences matter, atleast where having a druid doing the tanking would be more effective.
Posted Image

#67 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

So, can we conclude then that Druids are 'different' tanks than Warriors? Just like they are different healers to Priests?

That having a mix of (mostly) warriors and (some) druids might be nice for a raid?

Not entirely. The encounter that makes Druids a better choice to tank than Warriors would have to be somewhat contrived.

But even in the current content, there are still situations where your raid would benefit from recognizing the value of a well-placed Growl.

#68 Fjord

Fjord

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1543 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

But even in the current content, there are still situations where your raid would benefit from recognizing the value of a well-placed Growl.

Or earth shock. ;)

#69 newladin

newladin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

Or earth shock. ;)

Fuck earth shock and fuck those 3 shaman earth shocking me after i try to get a flash heal off. Earth shock should not have damage added onto their interupt. :angry:
all your base, are belong to us!

#70 Zellyn

Zellyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:23 AM

Or earth shock. ;)

Fuck earth shock and fuck those 3 shaman earth shocking me after i try to get a flash heal off. Earth shock should not have damage added onto their interupt. :angry:

Hey, look! It does cause high threat even in PvP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users