• This topic is locked This topic is locked
958 replies to this topic

#941 Vaccine

Vaccine

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

I've been wanting to experiment with Sindras Fang on-use as a means to resist the second portion of Soulreaper, as it is shadowdamage, but were not reliably gettin to Phase 2 yet. Anyone tried this and recorded resist amounts?

You can use it to resist the first hit (the application) of Soul Reaper, but not the damage you take at the expiration of the debuff.
Posted Image

#942 Smoketreez

Smoketreez

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Over the course of 21 attempts on LK heroic Blood Draining proc'd 34 times normally, and critically healed 3 times for a total of 83264 healing.

83264/37 is about 2250 healing per proc. I don't understand where people are getting 1000 from.

#943 Mielikinna

Mielikinna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

I don't think the blood draining vs mongoose is a clear debate. I used blood draining for most of my guild's learning attempts on LK Heroic, and I could not find a single instance where it was a big enough heal to make it life saving (eg it plus a heal from a healer saved me, where the heal from a healer alone would not have done so).

I found the buff from Mongoose to have 26% uptime in our Heroic LK kill, which considering that our strat involves me not tanking on the ledge transitions, as well as the time lost in Frostmourne room, is pretty good uptime.

I'm not going to say any bear using Blood draining is making the wrong choice, I think it comes down to personal preference as either will work.

#944 Logros

Logros

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

And I think (it's probably been said before) you probably couldn't find a single instance where the damage reduction from mongoose saved your life. Whether directly through reducing hits, or indirectly through saving healer mana (considering the amount of overhealing flying around, highly unlikely). As a fairly new bear tank in ICC rading, the moral of the story seems to be that we don't have a good weapon tanking enchant at all, and at least we have the option of attainable enchant using current mats, besides Mongoose.

#945 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

I need some help as one of two HLK 10 tanks, in phase 3 if my challenging roar is down and I have to soak spirits I cannot seem to grab them on to me. By the time the spirits get to the spot on the inner edge of the circle pattern where we soak they are still somewhat above my head and I can get them if I have challenging roar up but if it's down I have tried swipe, and demo roar but the abilities either don't work or the spirits are too high up for those to effect them, even with me jumping to try and get extra reach. Is there something I am missing? Are there any tips anyone could give me? Any help would be very appreciated.

#946 Talep

Talep

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Well, usually the raid moves while the spirits spawn, in order to be quite far away of them when the spirits rush to the raid.

If it is done, when they collapse, all the spirits go in the same direction, and you just have to wait them beetwen the raid and the spirits. Your taunt, ou challenging roar should only be used when there is some difficulty, for instance a spirit that go in a other direction

#947 Hezkezl

Hezkezl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

Having the raid move to opposite side of the platform from where the spirits spawn, as well as putting a frost trap down underneath the spirits, and PREFERABLY another one on their way towards the raid to make sure they stay slowed, helps out a lot as well. You should be near the raid, with the MT on LK right behind you, with the raid right behind him, ideally. That way when the spirits get within range of you, they should all be on the ground, and thus within easy range :)

ABC----------------CBA. Where A is the raid, B is the MT, and C is you, if that helps draw it out anymore. Just run into the spirits as they get close to the raid, and they should blow up without you needing to get aggro on them. If a couple split past you, that's when you want to use your taunt/aoe taunt (as long as it doesnt grab the LK... warn the MT before you do it just in case, so he can taunt back)

#948 Mielikinna

Mielikinna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

When your raid moves across the platform, have them converge on a single spot, so all the spirits are moving towards the same spot. This clumps them up nicely for you to break them.
Posted Image

#949 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

They do, and the spirits are converged on one spot, they are just too high up.

#950 Rhy

Rhy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

Just tell the raid to be further away, as close to the edge as possible. Also, you should not be further than ~10 yards in front of the boss. Their explosion range is not that big. That guarantees you that the spirits will be low enough to get soaked. And try to jump :P I have done in only once myself (successfully) so I can't comment if it helps or not, but try jumping. You never know...

Or to try and explain it better, it should look something like this:

Spirits --------> You --10 yards--> Boss --> MT --> Raid

#951 Hezkezl

Hezkezl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

If the spirits are too high above the ground when they get to the raid, it means your raid is not far enough away from where they spawned, simple as that. Having the MT kite him from one edge of the platform (let's say west) to the other side (east) is the easiest way to guarantee that they'll be down far enough. If the LK starts spawning spirits in the middle of his room/platform, then things will definately get a bit tricky.. MUCH better to have him on one of the edges.

#952 Mielikinna

Mielikinna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

I have had positive results jumping, sometimes you just need that extra bit to get them. I recommend trying it. Another option if you are having issues getting spirits low is to do a bit of a kite, but the group must remain together, so it's much riskier and prone to error.
Posted Image

#953 KyppofDD

KyppofDD

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Just before Arthas goes into the transition for Frostmourn's room, have the MT drag him near the center of the room with his (the tank's) back away from the raid. The raid should be near one edge. When you come out of Frostmourn's room, have the MT drag Arthas to the edge, opposite the raid. This gives you the entire platform of room between tank and raid. Hunters should be dropping traps right in the middle. When Arthas starts casting spirits, the MT can run to the other side, forcing Arthas across the middle to activate the traps, and leaving the spirits far away. With a druid as the MT, you can shift to cat form and make the distance across quickly.

#954 grumpylock

grumpylock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

I have a question regarding bear rotation (apologies if it is a little late in the cycle, Cata out soon and all) ...

According to the Druid Simple Questions/Simple Answers (http://elitistjerks....aq/#post1530139) the tanking rotation is noted as such ::

Q: What is the best single target threat rotation?
A: Mangle when off cooldown, Faerie Fire when off cooldown, maintain a 5 stack of Lacerate, Swipe otherwise. Maul should be use always because it does not trigger the global cooldown.

However I was told by a druid tank on my server not to use FF every cooldown as it is better to use mangle -> lacerate [5 stack] -> swipe.

I decided to investigate a little further to see if this was true and I saw a few posts throughout this thread that people only use FF at the start of the fight and refresh it if necessary, however I haven't been able to find any generally accepted answer either way. Has this changed recently? or is the above rotation still generally the best?

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great. I am talking about single target tanking here.

Cheers.

#955 Gruturistic

Gruturistic

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

However I was told by a druid tank on my server not to use FF every cooldown as it is better to use mangle -> lacerate [5 stack] -> swipe.

I decided to investigate a little further to see if this was true and I saw a few posts throughout this thread that people only use FF at the start of the fight and refresh it if necessary, however I haven't been able to find any generally accepted answer either way. Has this changed recently? or is the above rotation still generally the best?

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great. I am talking about single target tanking here.

Cheers.

You can easily find out for yourself. Open KTM, go against a mob with sufficient health, check how much threat a single mangle, a single swipe, a single lacerate, a single FFF give you. Careful not to have autoattacks ruin your results.

(hint: FFF is good. It's second only to Mangle)

#956 moz

moz

Get off my lawn.

• Moderators
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

The last few posts (now gone), which amount to "what mods do I use so I can see debuffs" is not really something that should appear in this thread. Additionally, given that the original post was infracted, I recommend initiating/continuing this discussion in the UI and Addons forum as there is nothing here that specifically pertains to feral tanking.

#957 Sidelvar

Sidelvar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

I have read the post since release of RS and have not seen any mention of the Petrified Twilight Scale for ICC tanking. With my specific trinkets it would be replacing the Black Heart. Any thoughts on the benefit of the up time of the 7kish armor opposed to the static 2282?

#958 Lobonija

Lobonija

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

I have read the post since release of RS and have not seen any mention of the Petrified Twilight Scale for ICC tanking. With my specific trinkets it would be replacing the Black Heart. Any thoughts on the benefit of the up time of the 7kish armor opposed to the static 2282?

Petrified Twilight Scale is much better than The Black Heart. The stamina is eclipsed by the armor bonus, and the dodge proc at <35% HP should be taken into account as well. Petrified Twilight Scale is far superior in terms of TTL.

#959 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Closing this. Most of the thread is not patch relevant. Please use the appropriately labeled thread.

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users