• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kayakyakr

kayakyakr

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

Goon squad is trying to determine what our official stance on PVP during the 10-hour war on sunday. We are leaning toward an "only in reaction" policy but we were curious, what's your stance?

There anyone that you feel doesn't deserve to have the rights to take part in AQ stuff?

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27827 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:48 PM

Eh, that's more or less our posture. We're there to see and kill all the critters. I don't think we're going in with a KOS list or anything. Skirmishes will doubtless happen, and it'll be fun, but our desire is not for a massive 400 vs. 400 war, largely because the servers simply cannot handle one. If we see any group actively trying to grief the event, they'll be dealt with, but we're not looking to pick fights.

#3 kayakyakr

kayakyakr

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

sweet.. looks, then, like it'll be one giant happy party.

'f anyone starts giving you guys troubles, let the goons know and we'll pass the info down the chain.. should be between 100 and 200 of us out there and elsewhere (looks like 2 20-man groups and a full raid's worth of signups, not to mention those that are gonna be there without actually signing up for any of the raid groups).

#4 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

I'll bring the Tostitos and some home made guacamole!

#5 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:31 PM

The fun PvP comes in the days following the event.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#6 Falcon24

Falcon24

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4349 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:35 PM

The fun PvP comes in the days following the event.

:jerry:

#7 Vesperia

Vesperia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:23 AM

i just dread sitting around looking/arguing for spots.

i get bad memories of crawlers nest in FFXI. Id get so pissed off id move my group over someones and pull ontop of them. fuckers.
Ask me about my 8 piece Bloodfang!

#8 Grimnir

Grimnir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:45 AM

Hey, can i get one of your priests to MC me so I can kill any/all members of Self-Titled that come around?

Gee, that would be swell.

#9 Slug

Slug

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:30 AM

How would you PvP at 0.02 fps, anyway? Judging by the Eranikus event, it's going to be like a turn-based RPG out there, come Sunday.

I want an "I survived the silithus crashes" event t-shirt after this one. ;)

#10 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

What's up with all of the hostility on the realm forums? It's like the opposite of the stance you're all taking in this thread.

#11 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27827 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

When you say "the stance you're all taking," to whom do you refer?

Sure, some EJ members think all Alliance on the server are worthless fucks who should be corpse-camped until they never log on again, but they're a minority and they aren't the ones dictating our actions.

As for all the dick-waving on the forums about who gets what hive, I'm ignoring it because it's all silly. Trust me, come back here tomorrow morning and tell me whether anyone had any clue what they were talking about when they talked about "claiming" a hive. The mechanics of the event don't work that way.

#12 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

Ah, ok, that explains it. I still lack faith in the idea that Mal'Ganis can prevent itself from fucking up such an important event.

#13 Bad Luck

Bad Luck

ffffff

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:32 PM

i get bad memories of crawlers nest in FFXI. Id get so pissed off id move my group over someones and pull ontop of them. fuckers.

I was a Beastmaster, if you took my spot I just released an Exoray on your group. :)

#14 Graham

Graham

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3833 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

The idea that people are going to be able to "claim" a colossus is hysterical. You're not going to be able to claim your own shorts around one of those things.

#15 newladin

newladin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:02 AM

Did we even kill a colossus? I know the Ashi one was still up when the final event finished/crashed.
all your base, are belong to us!

#16 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27827 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

Come back here tomorrow morning and tell me whether anyone had any clue what they were talking about when they talked about "claiming" a hive.

#17 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27827 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:04 AM

And no, none of them died, mainly because of the server crashes. The knowledge that if you were to invest hours and multiple deaths into wearing a colossus down, odds were in favor of a server crash erasing all your progress prior to its death, kind of put a damper on things.

#18 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7465 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

I'm really at a loss as to what exactly Blizzard was thinking when they designed this mess.

#19 Torael_7

Torael_7

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:40 AM

I'm really at a loss as to what exactly Blizzard was thinking when they designed this mess.

Medivh killed all the colossi.

Conclusion: Medivh runs on better hardware.

#20 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27827 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:44 AM

Not really. Just that Medivh had no prior knowledge so they focused on the Colossi more. If you'd seen 3-4 Nef-farming guilds work together on each Colossus they would all have died.

But knowing that there was no pressing reason to kill them except like 800 rep and some blues/purples that we could get just as easily from the crystals, combined with demoralizing colossus-resetting crashes, left little reason to make them a priority.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users