• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Zellyn

Zellyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

Not really. Just that Medivh had no prior knowledge so they focused on the Colossi more. If you'd seen 3-4 Nef-farming guilds work together on each Colossus they would all have died.

But knowing that there was no pressing reason to kill them except like 800 rep and some blues/purples that we could get just as easily from the crystals, combined with demoralizing colossus-resetting crashes, left little reason to make them a priority.

It was a lot of fun running up to the Collosus of Zora, getting hit by its "massive attack" for 10,000 damage, lagging out for three minutes while I wait for my spirit to release, running back, waiting another three minutes to resurrect only to get nailed by the next "massive attack" before the server even recognizes that I've been spamming Sinister Strike underneath it for at least 30 seconds.

Also, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to make a raid mob who is designed to be zerged, but can unleash a titanic AoE that will kill 75% or more of the people attacking it? I know I only have 3333 HP unbuffed at best, and 1.5k armor, but I cannot believe that most BWL geared people wouldn't get fucked by that. It was recommended to me to use my Duskbat Drape to reduce the damage from knockback, but if there was knockback, then I never saw it because by the time my computer registered that I was knocked back, I was already in the graveyard.
<08-07-09 02:09>[Velth] This is the behavior of a benefactor of the EJ forums?

#22 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27826 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

Well, the Colossi were actually doable. When we pulled the Regal Colossus to a manageable spot, our whole raid was able to survive the AoE (until he started doing two at a time, back-to-back). We took off like 8% with one trial run as a 40-man group.

If we could've been assured that the servers would not crash, or if the Colossus' HP status persisted through crashes, they would've died. But screw racking up all those repair costs just to have the server crash when he's at 20% or something.

#23 hellsoap

hellsoap

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4443 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image

this is better than pvp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] >>> http://www.lightdecay.com <<<

#24 Shin

Shin

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

i get bad memories of crawlers nest in FFXI.  Id get so pissed off id move my group over someones and pull ontop of them.  fuckers.

I was a Beastmaster, if you took my spot I just released an Exoray on your group. :)

RED MAGE FOR LIKE SUCKA

Savage Blade Savage Blade Savage Blade

On the subject of FFXI - SE just banned 2,000 CGFs and took 300 Billion Gil out of the game. Fun stuff.

#25 Zellyn

Zellyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1828 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

RED MAGE FOR LIKE SUCKA

I used to hang out with a RDM. I always closed our Light SCs with Hexa Strike. That bitch never closed once with crappy-ass Savage Blade.
<08-07-09 02:09>[Velth] This is the behavior of a benefactor of the EJ forums?

#26 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

So I was on a boat to Menethil Harbor and somehow the boat ended up next to Dalaran stuck in the land.

Exciting event.

#27 Shin

Shin

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

RED MAGE FOR LIKE SUCKA

I used to hang out with a RDM. I always closed our Light SCs with Hexa Strike. That bitch never closed once with crappy-ass Savage Blade.

RDM/NIN is that leet shit

Edit - Bad you are sick for killing the poor noobs. Sick I tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users