• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mindspike

mindspike

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

We're currently working the twin emps but need a mod to warn us of their teleports. Any mods available or any advice on writing our own mod? They don't seem to have an emote for when they teleport.

#2 phyra

phyra

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

Look for "Emperor x gains Twin Teleport" or something similar. Not sure what type of event in lua-speak it triggers tho.

#3 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27809 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

Look at your combat logs (/combatlog). Finding a mod that times the BWL drakes' breath/buffet, or Chromaggus's breaths, for example, would give you a straightforward model for how the mod should work.

#4 Brilliance

Brilliance

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

Download CT_Timer.
Time the port.

Win?

#5 jholland

jholland

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

Only the first teleport is a set amount of time, afterwords it has a range of times it can happen during, granted a rough estimate of when you should get ready is always nice.

#6 Moloko

Moloko

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

The Teleport has a cooldown, but its up to them whether or not they want to use it right after it cools down. A mod for this would be hard to right and probably would only be able to tell the exact instant they teleport and not any kind of warning (maybe a Teleport Incoming! thing after 30 seconds or so, but thats it).

Once you've gotten a few solid attempts in you can get a feel of when the teleport is coming and adjust accordingly.

#7 Brilliance

Brilliance

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:36 PM

hmmm, just have a look at an existing CT Boss Mod that handles similar events and just modify to suit your needs? looks easy enough :rolleyes:

I dont think you can make a script which adds in the randomness of their teleport ability.

Its more l2p then l2haveamoddoallthework.

#8 chalon

chalon

Founder of the Chalonverse

• Members
  • 1717 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:28 PM

The main issue with using a mod on this fight (and I suspect a mod on Ouro, too), is the room is so big, and the combat log range is 40yds. I had made a mod for us, but it ended up being that I was out of range of the combat log message 50% of the time, so it was very unreliable. Ended up using a Timer mod instead, and manually resetting it after every port.

And as for:

The Teleport has a cooldown, but its up to them whether or not they want to use it right after it cools down.

This is true for any of the numerous mods on abilities like Wing Buffet, Chromaggus Breath, etc. The timer can give you a heads up that the next one is happening soon, but it's never going to be 100% accurate.

#9 phixion

phixion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

Does Carnival pick up the cooldown on the teleport ability like it does a wing buffet?

#10 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27809 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

Carnival only does what you tell it to. It's all in the .lua file.

#11 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11579 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:05 AM

Carnival only does what you tell it to. It's all in the .lua file.

Is there a writeup somewhere for how to mess with Carnival? It's not all entirely clear.

Do I want to edit Carnival_EnemyCastBar.lua or localiztion.lua?

#12 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13878 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

localization.lua, assuming you want it to display in German or French.

#13 Bubba

Bubba

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:29 AM

Unfortunately we haven't gotten to the Twin Emps yet, so don't want to delve into this any further than this thread has already spoiled in order to deal with the queries. But once we get there, I'm sure Limited will work something into the mod - while it may not be pinpoint, it should give a general indicator (much like solid experience with the encounter, I assume).

#14 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

I usually just use macros to make the calls, its pretty easy to do with Chronos (search for it on curse-gaming if you're interested). Hit the macro after each blink and it will announce it x seconds after the blink that the next one is coming shortly.

/in x /rs Teleport Incoming!

It's definitely more work than running mod, but it's less work than using a stopwatch, and its quick and easy to tweak around with if you're still in the learning stage of the fight. Just gotta change one number in your macro settings to change the time on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users