THE RULES (IN ADDITION TO STANDARD FORUM RULES):
- Post a screenshot of your Mage's UI. If you're not a mage, go post in another forum or post in this thread
- List of add-ons you use. Short descriptions of niche addons are okay.
- Any comments about how you make your UI work for you. This doesn't mean to talk about how your UI has perfect feng shui. Any comments should be on the functionality of your UI. Please state your points succinctly.
- If you have any individual questions about a UI, use PMs.
- If you need help with your UI, please keep it to PMs or post in this thread
- If you are looking for a particular mod that you don't know the name of, please post in this thread.
- Addon discussion is welcome so long as it follows standard forum rules.
These are the most commonly used addons that I have seen used by mages. It is by no means an all-inclusive list. I will try to keep it updated as this thread grows in size or as addons go out of date. PM me if you think another add-on deserves to be added.
Buff Tracking|Scorchio2|Tracks several mage specific debuffs/CC/power gains
Buff Tracking|Classtimer|Tracks debuffs/buffs. Non-class specific.
Buff Tracking|Power Auras Classic|Provides visual cues to track buffs/debuffs. Highly configurable. Here is a link explaining some of the basic functionality of this mod(albeit for a hunter)
Castbar|Quartz|An extremely popular castbar add-on.|
Decursing|Decursive|A popular addon to track and cleanse debuffs on friendly targets.
Stats|Ratings Buster|Converts combat ratings into more useful percentage values.
Stats|Hit Assist for Casters|Tells you your chance to miss a mob/how much hit rating you need or can afford to lose.
Stats|Livedamage|Tells you your current spellpower.
Combat|MiksScrollingBattleText|Can display several different types of combat information in several different ways.
Combat|Omen Threat Meter|A popular tool for monitoring threat on your current target.
Raid Frames|Grid|Highly configurable, modular raid frame add-on. Can be set to do just about anything you want it to do. There is a separate discussion specifically regarding this add-on.
Cooldowns|Ghost:Pulse|Cooldown which pops up icons on your screen whenever it is up.
Combat|Mage Alert|Notifies you when you proc hot streak/missile barrage/brain freeze via sound and fullscreen flash effect.
Buff Tracking|NeedToKnow|Tracks specific buffs/debuffs in a clean bar that is displayed on the screen in a consistent place/color.
Combat|Mage Fever|Another mod to track proc-buffs and mage debuffs.
Combat|Parrot|Similar to MSBT, another combat information addon.
Combat|MyThreat|A lightweight threat tracker. Only shows your threat relative to a target unlike omen which tracks multiple players.
Combat|OPie|Upon pressing a keybind, shows a nifty circle from which you could choose which spells to cast (Think Secret of Mana). It has some presets for mage portals/mage armors.
Stats|WoWEquip|Pretty neat mod that lets you see how stats add up by swapping in and out different gear.
Unit Frames|Pitbull4|Not a mage specific mod, but an extremely popular unit frame mod. This mod has its own thread in the UI/Addon forums.
Combat|Mage Nuggets|A mod which does performs several functions automatically, including mirror image timers, proc monitoring, and SP/crit display, etc.
Combat|ForteXorcist|A mod suite which performs a host of useful tasks such as cooldown tracking, debuff monitoring/filtering/etc.