Photo

Mage UI and Add-ons (READ THE FIRST POST)

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#41 Battenburg

Battenburg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

I see scorchio2 has a TTW tracking ; does it work with judgement of the just ?

Yes, Scorchio2 does track Judgement of the Just, though you have to add your Paladin (who you know to have the correct talent setup) to a Scorchio2 whitelist for this to work. It only takes a couple of clicks.

You do this by targeting your paladin, entering the Scorchio2 addon options, entering the 'Track Torment the Weak' options, and clicking on the 'Add Paladin' button.

You can read more about why it's such a pain here.

#42 Ezu

Ezu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

I use to have grid on any new UI i built for when I use to raid-lead or needed to know more info but just raiding without any officier responsibilites you don't really need grid as a mage, unless you want it for decursing but then again you can get decursive to do the exact same thing. As not raiding as an officier I have not used it for ages and there is almost no difference, I'd go as far as to say it's better with it off for the main reason being when i saw a few people die I'd start to get worried and sometimes if enough people died I'd just give up on the attempt where as without it I keep pushing as if everything is fine. < This has yet to be a BAD thing.

#43 Zerstorung

Zerstorung

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

I play on a laptop with a 13"x8" screen, clutter and space is a big issue i deal with. I found that XRS (XRaidStatus) is a nice little addon that can display the number of members who are dead/offline, among other things. It will show you the individuals on mouse over.

#44 Yetigeeze

Yetigeeze

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

Another option for Grid replacement is SmartDebuff and SmartBuff (set up buffs based on group comp, etc). Simple right or left clicks over will decurse or sheep (doesn't interfer with foucus sheep macros) as well as health, mana aggro, afk./offline, range, etc. I dropped decursive when one button mashing was taken out of the game and found this mod before decursive updated itself and have never gone back. I'll take a raiding screenshot and post later.

#45 Hotan

Hotan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

I use severall dogtags with pitbull to track them all and I'm pretty satisfied since whatever the event we're doing I can instantly see if everything is present.

I have dogtag indicators set up for +13% dam, 3% hit, +3% crit, and +5% crit, but I got frustrated setting it up for ToTW, could you copy your dogtag code into this thread so I could see that?

#46 pikapewpew

pikapewpew

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

Here is a custom dogtag text added in pitbull (4 now, but worked fine with 3). Just add it to your target frame, place it out of the frame, on the right, since it's left aligned.

When your target is in combat it will pop ; dummies are always out of combat so it won't work on them.

it will show : TTW, 13%, 5% crit, 3% crit (from totem etc.), respenishment, mana judgement, 3% hit.

There's severall problems since many "auras" provide no visible debuffs : TTW from paladins, hunter's resplenishment etc.

[(if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Thunder Clap") or HasAura("Frost Fever") or HasAura("Infected Wounds") then
        "T T W   ":Yellow
    else
        "T T W   ":Black
    end)
end) (if InCombat then
    " - ":Black
end) (if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Curse of the Elements") or HasAura("Earth and Moon") or HasAura("Ebon Plague") then
        "13% spell":Yellow
    else
        "13% spell":Black
    end)
end)] 
[(if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Faerie Fire") or HasAura("Misery") then
        "3% hit ":Yellow
    else
        "3% hit ":Black
    end)
end) (if InCombat then
end) (if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Improved Scorch") or HasAura("Winter's Chill") or HasAura("Shadow Mastery") then
        "5% crit":Yellow
    else
        "5% crit":Black
    end)
end)] 
[(if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Heart of the Crusader") or HasAura("Master Poisoner") or HasAura("Totem of Wrath") then
        "3% crit":Yellow
    else
        "3% crit":Black
    end)
end) (if InCombat then
end) (if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Judgement of Wisdom") then
        "Wisdom":Yellow
    else
        "Wisdom":Black
    end)
end)]
[(if InCombat then
    (if HasAura("Vampiric Touch") or HasAura("Judgements of the Wise") or HasAura("Hunting Party") or HasAura("Enduring Winter") or HasAura("Improved Soul Leech") then
        "Resplenish":Yellow
    else
        "Resplenish":Black
    end)
end)]

#47 Xecute

Xecute

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone else use Mage Fever? I find if very helpful for tracking Clearcasts, Hotstreaks, and Mbarrs when I was arcane. It also gives you a timer, so if you need to finish a rotation, reapply a Scorch, or whatever, you know how much time you have to use your proc. You can also set it to show you when TTW is active on a mob.

#48 Hotan

Hotan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

pikapewpew: A lot of your indicator's don't seem properly set up. For example, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter are definitely not debuffs, although I didn't see a need for a replenishment indicator anyways, since you would be better of using your personal buffs as an idicator in that case.

For TTW, I had asked you for the code so I could see all the debuffs you found. I was hoping for more, maybe some I missed.

Here is a segment of my DogTag that contains the conditional debuff checks related to TTW. Maybe somebody can help me find any missing or incorrect DEBUFFS. They are sorted by class, with there being 0 paladin debuffs listed. I know that some of these won't be up for prolonged periods of time, but they do still activate the talent.
(if HasAura("Thunder Clap") or HasAura("Hamstring") or HasAura("Piercing Howl")
 or HasAura("Crippling Poision") or HasAura("Deadly Throw")
 or HasAura("Frost Trap Aura") or HasAura("Concussive Shot") or HasAura("Wing Clip")
 or HasAura("Mind Flay")
 or HasAura("Frostbolt") or HasAura("Cone of Cold") or HasAura("Slow") or HasAura("Blast Wave") or HasAura("Chilled")
 or HasAura("Curse of Exhaustion") or HasAura("Curse of Tongues")
 or HasAura("Frost Fever")
 or HasAura("Infected Wounds")
 or HasAura("Frost Shock") or HasAura("Earthbind")then
        "T":Green
    else
        "T":Red
    end)

#49 Skynightwolf

Skynightwolf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

Hey All,
I've been lurking the mage threads for a while now, taking in all the info and came across this one with a bit of interest. I'm new-er to WoW, as I did not raid in BC due to dinging 70 2 days before wrath, however, I've been raiding wrath for a while now, with experience up to 25 man hodir (I don't suppose that is relevant, but I add it nonetheless). Anyway, I have been using the Blizzard Provided UI since I began playing, and am looking for something a bit more "intensive" I suppose, that provides for functionality.

I run the basics, Omen, DBM, what is expected with most raids, but haven't ventured into Pitbull and XPERL since I play on a laptop, and while the specs aren't horrible, they aren't top of the line either. Various things have been said in this thread about the quality of the add-ons/ui's but not much about the amount of "space" they take up... What would be a good, solid, functional UI that is decently lightweight, and configurable? I have certain things I would like to keep "as is", such as my spell bars (I run my number keys, and then the f keys above them, so basically a dual bar...I would like to keep a format that allows me to configure something that looks similar to the blizz ui for them).

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Sky of Terokkar

#50 Hinalover

Hinalover

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:02 AM

Hey All,
I've been lurking the mage threads for a while now, taking in all the info and came across this one with a bit of interest. I'm new-er to WoW, as I did not raid in BC due to dinging 70 2 days before wrath, however, I've been raiding wrath for a while now, with experience up to 25 man hodir (I don't suppose that is relevant, but I add it nonetheless). Anyway, I have been using the Blizzard Provided UI since I began playing, and am looking for something a bit more "intensive" I suppose, that provides for functionality.

I run the basics, Omen, DBM, what is expected with most raids, but haven't ventured into Pitbull and XPERL since I play on a laptop, and while the specs aren't horrible, they aren't top of the line either. Various things have been said in this thread about the quality of the add-ons/ui's but not much about the amount of "space" they take up... What would be a good, solid, functional UI that is decently lightweight, and configurable? I have certain things I would like to keep "as is", such as my spell bars (I run my number keys, and then the f keys above them, so basically a dual bar...I would like to keep a format that allows me to configure something that looks similar to the blizz ui for them).

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Sky of Terokkar

For Unit frames, the easiest I've seen for a newcomer to UI set up is XPerl. All the functionality is there with little need to configure. All you need to do is move it where you want it. Pitbull is one of those Unit Frames that is designed for the more UI Savy configurers since you can configure just about anything if you have the time and patience. Quartz does take some configuring, but it is very light weight for a casting bar set. Same goes for Bartender4. Bartender can configure your spell bar look ANY WAY you want it. The way it works is it takes each Row from the default Blizzard UI and allows you to move them to any position you want it. All of the Key bindings and placement of the spells in the rows is all done server side, so even if you change computers, where you have a different UI set up, the spell positioning and key bindings will stay the same. If you want, there are mods out there that show how much memory all of the mods use. For example, the mod I use is Fubar_PerformanceFu (I'm a Fubar-holic). It tells me which use up the most ram.

#51 Cyntil

Cyntil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

Pitbull is probably the most memory efficient addon for unit frames. Last time i checked (which was awhile ago) AG_unitframes was pretty much defunct. Many first time users dislike pitbull simply because it is SO customizable, and it can be pretty intimidating; however you can copy pre-made layouts directly into your game. You simply find someone who has posted their profile from pitbull and copy it into yours and BAM! you have their unit frams (provided you have the same res and such, otherwise you have to drag it around and probably resize it for your screen). Once you can wrap your head around the customization Pitbull is well worth the effort and will provide you with all your unit frame needs.

- UI post soon prob.

#52 Sirupsen

Sirupsen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image
My UI! Here's the addons, followed by a small description! I indented those which are "important" for mages.

aMinimap
A minimap, obviously! It can be downloaded from ALZA's UI.

LynStats
The stuff showing the clock on the minimap! When I mouseover it, it shows me current FPS and all addons activated, and the memory those addons consume. Ripped, and modified from ALZA's UI. Original LYN stats.

Skada
My damage meter, it's lightweight - and cool to configure. It matched my UI perfect!

EventHorizon
What I use for my rotations, living bomb uptime, etc. It's lightweight, easy to use, makes WoW Guitar Hero like!

aChat
ALZA once used this and uploaded it to me, I can't remember if it was public at any time though. I edited a bit to fit my needs, mmh.. yeah!

Dominos
Well, I should use rActionBarStyler.. but.. this "lightweight" high configureable bar mod have kept me with it, I wonder if I'll ever change. I should. :(

oUF_Alza
My oUF layout, ripped directly from ALZA's UI! This is also what's showing the buffs at the top right. And the raid frames, at the bottom-right.

sFilter
Also this came with ALZA's UI, I configured it for my needs. It shows a big bad icon when Hot Streak procs. I tend to miss the line on Eventhorizon when it procced, so I decided to move to something a bit more.. showing! Which should not be PowerAuras.

BigWigs
Yeah, bossmods.

sThreatMeter
Lightweight threat meter, o' it's so great. And so customizeable. It's the stuff shown under the target of target frame. (Between player and target frame)

aTooltip
For.. tooltip! From ALZA's UI.

Decursive
It's invisible when noone is afflicted, when someone get's a curse he's mini frame appears in the middle of the screen, and I can quickly decurse this person. This is what works the best for me!

It works really good for me, because it's simple - it's lightweight - and it takes a minimum of the screen, this is what for me is a good UI! I do not require big art or anything. :)
Posted Image

#53 Chickonfire

Chickonfire

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:09 AM

Posted Image

Some highlights:

AG_Unitframes
After having used XPerl and PitBull, I've found this closest to my liking. It's lightweight and has the functions I want.

MSBT
I have my incoming damage- and heals set to the left. Had my outgoing damage set to the right at first, but missed the default Blizzard numbers above the target's head(s).

Scorchio2
My preferred Scorch/LB/HS/MI and even Shadow Mastery tracker. Not much explanation needed.

ControlFreak
A small addon that basically let's me put a /focus on a target for sheeping, keeps up a timer and tells me (with a sound) when it has broken.

Elkano's BuffBars
A buff tracker. I like to see the duration in a bar-form. Quite handy for Icy Veins and Bloodlust.

#54 jnatkins

jnatkins

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Posted Image

Addons Used:
XPerl Unit Frames - 3D display of Portraits
Bartender4 - Move and resize action bars
Quartz - Casting Bar
Omen Threat Meter - Observe Threat status of group members
Recount - Damage, Healing and many other stats tracker
Tipsy - Allows for movement of tooltip
BasicMinimap - Move, and restyle minimap
Decursive - Easily remove curses from group members
Deadly Boss Mods - Raid encounter announcements
Mage Fever - Visually display procs such as MBarr, Clearcasting, Hotstreak, TotW, BrainFreeze, Fingers of Frost, Firestarter, Living Bomb and Fiery payback
Minimap Button Frame - move all minimap buttons to a box
Skinner - Add background (ie black bars) gives a cinema effect
Spellcraft - The author has discontinued work on this addon and removed all traces of it in protest of Blizzard's new UI Addon Development Policy. This addon did many things.. Convenient portals/hearth... sell junk to vendor.. restock reagents... stip on invis in battle... auto rez in BGs... poly announcing... switch gear during non combat evocates... PM me and maybe I can email it to you...

Thinking about swapping XPerl for PitBull/Grid and adding viewport. Its a work in progress and I'm never satisfied...

#55 Hotan

Hotan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:33 AM

Chickonfire: I'd suggest using the Elkano's BuffBars option to filter certain buffs. In all likelihood you don't care at all to see Horn of the Winter, Unleashed Rage, Improved Icy Talons, etc.

#56 Shakaros

Shakaros

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

I am using a modified version of Caith UI, where I have added a lot of addons to be able to raid effectively.
However when it comes to target selection theres one feature I havent been able to find.

So I'd like to ask if anyone can recommend an addon that shows the nameplates of mobs, in order to be able to see their health without targeting them. I would like the nameplates to be permanent and visible from a long distance.
I have found an addon called Aloft, but it bugs my UI out and sends lots of LUA errors, so I dont think thats an option.
Thanks in advance

#57 pikapewpew

pikapewpew

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

pikapewpew: A lot of your indicator's don't seem properly set up. For example, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter are definitely not debuffs, although I didn't see a need for a replenishment indicator anyways, since you would be better of using your personal buffs as an idicator in that case.

For TTW, I had asked you for the code so I could see all the debuffs you found. I was hoping for more, maybe some I missed.

Here is a segment of my DogTag that contains the conditional debuff checks related to TTW. Maybe somebody can help me find any missing or incorrect DEBUFFS. They are sorted by class, with there being 0 paladin debuffs listed. I know that some of these won't be up for prolonged periods of time, but they do still activate the talent.

CODE

I forgot to say, i track ttw only for bosses. Most of the debuff you track can't be applied to bosses, so they won't work. Only slow could be usefull since it can be applied even if the debuff does nothing. Anyway, i can't seem to find any incorrect syntax in your dogtag, sorry I can't help you.

Resplenish isn't usefull, but i'm too lazy to edit it correctly. :P

#58 LukeDx

LukeDx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

got a screen while doing AV, been looking on the forums for ages now never posted, but i love my ui so here it is.

Posted Image

Addons you can see:

Xpearl - Unit Frames.
Grid - Raid bars
Buffalo - Buff mod
Omen - Threat Meter
Recount - Dps/Dmg/Hps
KgPanels - Black Panels at Bottom
Bartender4 - Action bars
DHUD3.0 - Hp/Mana Around my char.
MikScrollingBattleText - Combat Text very cool.
Scorchio2 - Buffs/ Debuff bars.
Titan Panel - Acc/char info
Tipsy - Tooltip mover
Pra3.0 - Chat window
ButtonFacade Trinity - Button skins
SimpleMiniMap - Minimap
MiniMapButtonframe - Moves Addon into bars.
DeadlyBossMod - Raid Warning

Lots you cant see the normal plus some cool ones like peggle :D

#59 Docjowles

Docjowles

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

I am using a modified version of Caith UI, where I have added a lot of addons to be able to raid effectively.
However when it comes to target selection theres one feature I havent been able to find.

So I'd like to ask if anyone can recommend an addon that shows the nameplates of mobs, in order to be able to see their health without targeting them. I would like the nameplates to be permanent and visible from a long distance.
I have found an addon called Aloft, but it bugs my UI out and sends lots of LUA errors, so I dont think thats an option.
Thanks in advance

Aloft is pretty much the only game in town for nameplate mods. But unless I've just been using it for too long, you can hit "V" in game and get some very basic nameplates with HP. Ctrl-V for friendly nameplates. No mod required.

I don't get LUA errors with Aloft, but it does break a few things like Flash'n'shake in BigWigs.

#60 Cyntil

Cyntil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

pitbull
grid
nacb! CDtimes broke on me
dominos
simpleminimap
quartz
elks-foreverything, including Hotstreak procs
scorchio2
grid
recount
fubar
clearfont2
skinner
and i use Parrot as my sct

(ignore the raid haha one light in the darkness wipes due to dc-s and such shhh)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users