• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Froghop

Froghop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:36 AM

I would like to invite you and the members of your guild to a GameSpy chat we will be hosting on March 14th at 6PM Pacific Time. The chat will preview a new technology that can provide access to MMOGs and other online games via mobile devices such as cell-phones & PDAs. As an influential MMOG guild, your opinion is very valuable to us, and we would be interested in enrolling you in our beta programs and consumer advisory groups.

GameSpy’s promotional page is located below:
http://www.gamespyar..._03142006.shtml

To participate in the chat:

1) Each participant needs to install GameSpy Arcade and create an account / profile (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/)
2) On the day of the chat, log into GameSpy Arcade and head to the GameSpy.com lobby (accessible by clicking the GameSpy.com logo under the "My Games" tab on the left hand side of the software)

We hope you and your guild members will be able to attend. Please find below additional information about this exciting new technology. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

[email protected]

==============================================

Whether you’re a hard-core or casual gamer being able to access your favorite online games and game communities via mobile phone has the potential to vastly enhance your gaming experience. Join Froghop and GameSpy as they host a chat on Transmedial Access (TMA), the revolutionary way to stay connected to your online games.

Here are just a few of the ways that TMA can enhance your game:

- Receive alerts on in-game events. (Dragon’s spawned! Our base is under attack!)
- Manage your in-game auctions
- Receive notification of changes in your ranking
- Remotely manage all your game’s “house-keeping” functions like inventory management, so when you’re in front of your PC or console, you’re PLAYING the game
- Play mini-games on your mobile device that provide gains back to the main game (for example: experience, skill or gold)

* * * For More Information: * * *

Froghop Home-Page
http://www.froghop.net/

FrogBlog (Game Industry Commentary on TMA)
http://frogblog.typepad.com

Example of Auctions
http://www.froghop.n...rader/intro.htm

Game Industry News article with Froghop founder Vicky Wu
http://www.gameindus.../item.asp?id=38

#2 Double-Neg

Double-Neg

But it says heaven

• Moderators
  • 4864 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:42 AM

SO YOU MEAN I CAN SEE GUILD CHAT WHILE I AM AWAY ON A BUISNESS TRIP? FINALLY ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE.

Double-Neg: is this where we believe with sure faith but zero proof in the existence of a boethius who administrates the forums

#EJ IRC, Come by and we will talk about religion!

#3 Raylen

Raylen

stop kissing Gurgs ass 24/7

• Guild Members
  • 2942 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Do you have a newsletter? Because I like drugs and you seem to have a lot of them.

#4 Flavahbeast

Flavahbeast

im chocula

• Moderators
  • 2733 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:43 AM

well it seems like an interesting idea, at any rate. I'm just not sure how far something like this would get without support from Blizzard

#5 moz

moz

Get off my lawn.

• Moderators
  • 4280 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:23 AM

1) Each participant needs to install GameSpy Arcade and create an account / profile (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/)

:D

#6 Cadmus

Cadmus

sexy

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:54 AM

w00t

#7 LodeRunner

LodeRunner

Just an excitable boy

• Guild Members
  • 4796 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:58 AM

SO YOU MEAN I CAN SEE GUILD CHAT WHILE I AM AWAY ON A BUISNESS TRIP? FINALLY ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE.

maybe this means I can finally hack into EJ guild chat and steal their secrets
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7465 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:14 AM

maybe this means I can finally hack into EJ guild chat and steal their secrets

But for Gamespy they shall remain inviolate.

From the website:

Transmedial interaction is an inevitable part of the future, but haphazard implementation will be useless – even detrimental. That's why it is important for various management stakeholders to have enough data for intelligent decision-making. But without understanding the multi-faceted success factors and how to reconcile them with your overall objectives, the determination of feature priorities and requirements can be a very confusing and time-consuming process.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN?

#9 Cardrian

Cardrian

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

Does this mean that you could update raid JP from a cell phone?

while talking to the guild in chat??
8< 8< 8< 8< Cut Thread Here 8< 8< 8< 8<

#10 Brown Bread

Brown Bread

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2599 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

Haha Gamespy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#11 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

I can't wait until this is built into Titanbar so I can look up at anytime and see that my UI is costing me 400 MB of memory.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#12 Digo

Digo

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Transmedial interaction is an inevitable part of the future, but haphazard implementation will be useless – even detrimental. That's why it is important for various management stakeholders to have enough data for intelligent decision-making. But without understanding the multi-faceted success factors and how to reconcile them with your overall objectives, the determination of feature priorities and requirements can be a very confusing and time-consuming process.

Excuse me, I happen to speak marketing bullshit... I mean, jive.

The possibility of reading guild chat from your cellphone is going to happen eventually and we will charge you a fucking premium for it. But if those soulless marketing vampires make us roll it out without testing, or even a focus group to see if people give two shits, it's going to infect your hardware with every god-damned virus known to man. It will probably create a new virus that possesses your household apppliances and mobilizes them into an unstoppable army of toasters hell-bent on the subjugation of humankind.

The purpose of this chat is so you, the hapless and gullible consumer can give us some common sense feedback that escapes our upper management on a daily basis. We fucking scream this from the rooftops every day, but we're just software engineers. What do we know? So maybe you guys will save our asses and tell the suits to pull their collective heads out of their cockwallets.

To be honest, we're not even sure this will work. We don't know if you will care. We're hoping you'll join our chat and give us some idea that won't result in a massive dump of shares on the DOW, which will result in our jobs being sent to Bangladesh.

#13 Bad Luck

Bad Luck

ffffff

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

I know I for one would like to be at the bar, feel my phone buzz, and be able to gaze upon this:

#14 Steelfleece

Steelfleece

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

I don't even remember what I was saying was fricken sweet at that point.
If you aren't a goblin, why not?
If you are a goblin you rule

#15 Ripper

Ripper

The Big One

• Guild Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, who would want to hack into our guild chat?

#16 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2057 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:28 AM

I might be interested if it didn't involve GameSpy Arcade, but I won't touch that program with a 10-foot pole.

#17 Graham

Graham

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3833 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:01 AM

I might be interested if it didn't involve GameSpy Arcade, but I won't touch that program with a 10-foot pole.

even if said pole should be attached to someone else's computer.

#18 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2057 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:08 AM

even if said pole should be attached to someone else's computer.

on another continent

#19 Thrillho

Thrillho

judo chop

• Guild Members
  • 1581 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:10 AM

is this where I post to get invited to elitist jerks

#20 Torael_7

Torael_7

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:55 AM

is this where I post to get invited to elitist jerks

I am mighty suspicious of this sig of yours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users