Drow is an Alliance guild on the Doomhammer realm. We are dedicated to PvE Raid progression. End of story. As such, every decision we make as a guild - from nightly activity, to raid composition, to loot distribution - is devoted to that end. If conquering raid content alongside other high-end guilds is your motivation in WoW, while putting forth the effort and work it takes to do so in a team environment, then you will be among peers in Drow.
Our reputation is important to us. You must understand the significance of maintaining professionalism in the public eye - from forum conduct to your behavior in-game. Drow as an organization has a long-standing tradition of excellence in gaming, and this team fosters excellence.
Team chemistry is paramount. We spend a lot of time playing this game, and we want Drow to be an environment in which we enjoy spending that time. We take our guild's cohesion seriously, and we believe that it is often the single most important force behind our team's progression. Consequently, we're seeking team oriented players who understand that it's often necessary to put Guild needs before the individual's.
Drow was the only Alliance guild on Doomhammer to kill Kel-Thuzad pre-TBC, and we finished Sunwell Plateau among the Top-10 guilds in the United States (22nd Worldwide). This trend of success is one that will continue, and we're offering qualified individuals an opportunity to be a part of our success.
US 16th Immortal / US 22nd Heroic: Glory of the Raider
US 17th Nuked from Orbit
US 25th Three Lights in the Darkness
Thorim, Hodir, Steelbreaker, XT-002, General Vezax, Flame Leviathan Hard-Modes completed
More Coming Soon!
Loot is distributed by a merit-based officer loot council. We award loot based on many factors including raid attendance, raid performance, seniority (how long you've been in the guild, not your rank), and previous loot received. We have a complex and extensive attendance/loot tracking system that helps to insure our decisions are always just.
Guild Progression is #1 when it comes to distributing loot.
Our raid times are 8pm - 1am (EST) Sunday through Thursday, with Friday and Saturday nights being off-nights or used for optional 10-mans.
Be aware that raids can and will end before the listed stop time, and that during peak progression they can and will end after the listed stop time. We also may decide to hold a mandatory raid on Friday and/or Saturday if we feel it's in the guild's best interest to do so.
We expect everyone to be ready to raid by 7:45 PM.
- Above and beyond, you must be able to perform in situations where others are counting on you to do your job, while maintaining a "can-do" attitude throughout an exhausting night of progression raiding.
- You must know your class inside and out, and showcase that knowledge via performance. We use tools such as Recount, WWS, and WMO, and we review the data we collect with those tools regularly to ensure that our successes are not a fluke.
- Your character must be optimized to reach its full potential! That means utilizing Top-tier gems, enchantments, consumables, or anything else in the that might give you an edge in this game!
- Having extensive raid experience is pretty much mandatory. Ideally we want experienced raiders who have seen the game inside and out, and who have experienced the scope of WoW raiding as its changed through the years.
- Experience being essential, so is raid-worthy gear. If you cannot step in and perform at our standards immediately, you cannot help us achieve our goals. Gear is an indicator of the commitment you have to being prepared and to playing your class to its fullest.
- You must be responsible enough to study encounters. With that said, come prepared for raids with whatever consumables and knowledge you'll need to enhance your performance. Ultimately you'll need a conceptual understanding of the mechanics behind raiding, as opposed to memorization of dance steps.
- You should be vocal! Don't hesitate to ask questions, and don't hesitate to give suggestions. We want active members who contribute to the community. You should never be afraid to tell us what's on your mind, or to share information you stumble upon.
- Members are expected to maintain a 90%+ raid attendance. Do not apply if you can't commit to our schedule.
What We Offer
Ultimately Drow provides an environment in which serious, progression-minded players have the opportunity to advance in the "End Game" of WoW. We host a professional atmosphere where mature players have the opportunity to maximize their character's potential.
Our aim is to enrich that environment with those seeking a long-term home in which to invest their time and energy.\
More Information/How to Apply
For information about what classes we are currently recruiting, and to apply, please Follow this link and read the thread there. You can also contact me via PM on our boards (Cel) or our recruiters (Rollins and Kurkis) or send me a PM on the EJ boards.