Photo

OptiGear - BiS warlock gear optimiser (alpha)

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#41 t6rvik

t6rvik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

Could you add to the trinket list also.

Maybe its a stupid question, but the number before the item indicates what ?
Also maybe its too much asked, but could you add the option of saving the gear, because everytime i activate the add the list is reseted

#42 VenomByte

VenomByte

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Maybe its a stupid question, but the number before the item indicates what ?

It's the amount of +hit you get from that gear, including gems (but not including socket bonuses, due to a known bug). It's just a quick reference which I found very handy whilst testing, and have opted to leave in for now.

#43 supplicium

supplicium

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

I found an interesting bug, I'll take an SS if you like, but if you set your hit cap to say, a pure 17% (about 445) the hit from gear maxes at 400. IE it either doesn't show or won't go above 400hit.

The character linked in your profile appears to be below level 10. This may account for your poor Patchwerk DPS.

#44 Kalku

Kalku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

- Whitelist - Selectable Tiers of items available. e.g Non hard mode items for 25 man or Certain bosses like Algalons tables to be ignored (I am unlikely to get Starshard edge or any of his items in the coming weeks :) ) . See Rawr for how they implemented this.
- Ability to further whitelist a selection of items for optimization with a simple flag. rather than having to pick through the entire loot table.
- Ability to save a profile.

These! Please? Whitelisting would be a much bigger deal for usability than UI/display.
And the ability to copy/paste the results.

I would like to say, Love it! I got halfway through making my own version of this, but got bored and had to get back to work :P.

#45 sephx

sephx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

No offense, this will and could be a great app but Rawr has been developed for this and does quite a bit better job of gear optimization and also lists out all the gear upgrades you need and by how much dps it will increase your dps by. Also it allows you to load in your profile including all the gear you have in your bank, inventory and equipped.

But don't be discouraged, one day this could be just as great of an app.

#46 robmoss2k

robmoss2k

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Rawr has been developed for this and does quite a bit better job of gear optimization

This clearly isn't true. Conflag doesn't hit for 40k, like Rawr says it does. Haste isn't a completely useless stat, and spirit isn't your strongest stat. The warlock module of Rawr is largely useless at the moment unless you're affliction.

#47 thetrueavatar

thetrueavatar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

afaik, There is no official maintainer of the warlock model in Rawr. So event the application looks nice it's useless for us.

#48 BugRoger

BugRoger

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

The attached profiles.xml contains all scaling factors from the builds in the simcraft thread. I also added Embrace of the Spider and Sundial to the trinkets. The trinket values where taken from the Trinket Discussion thread.

Attached Files

#49 Namnalia

Namnalia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

In my opinion very useful for some quick results, thanks for the work.
Two things that should be relatively easy to implement and very helpful:
When trying to find good improvements for my own gear, I'd like to fix some items directly, even if there is a better item out there. It would be very helpful if you could just mark an item as irreplacable.
Another thing is saving new weights - right now, I'm editing the xmls by hand.

#50 ashtray

ashtray

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

The attached profiles.xml contains all scaling factors from the builds in the simcraft thread. I also added Embrace of the Spider and Sundial to the trinkets. The trinket values where taken from the Trinket Discussion thread.

I was perusing through the trinket values in the included XML file and was curious as to why the 's proc is weighted as spellpower while the 's proc is weighted as Spirit and Haste. Is this just an error or is there something going on here that I should probably know about?

Edit: Diddling item tags, I'm new to posting. Long time lurker.

#51 gregorian

gregorian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hmm good call on the focus stone. Don't care about the spider one because it wasnt in the original trinket file anyway. But yes, it should be sp/haste.

Some suggestions
-option to save stat scalars from gui
-option to export gear set as txt
-possibly add a box for CSD weight, otherwise just automatically blacklist all helms without meta sockets
-I don't feel that it's terribly necessary to design a complicated white/blacklisting system. The current implementation works fine. It's going to take multiples more time to code and and configure on the user end than to just do what I did: just run the app multiple times and click to exclude certain pieces from each subsequent calc run. I eventuallly arrive at a reasonable output within a couple minutes...
-Maybe a find-as-you-type searchbox for convenience, or a check box on each item on the output list to blacklist that item from future runs. eg. check conductive seal and starshard edge and upon clicking 'calculate gear set' the 2 items get shifted from the included list to the excluded list just before the actual run. Simple and reversible

#52 Yeda

Yeda

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

Regarding to Mac users, MONO seems to work ok with this app until now : )

#53 Guest_acceleratum_*

Guest_acceleratum_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Sundial of the exiled is missing in the item list.
I press get items from wowhead and it just crashes.
I excluded everything, then added only the items I possess, I click calculate and the list only shows 5 items , the rest stays N/A.

I use winxp 32 bits with a quad core q6600 g0.

#54 thetrueavatar

thetrueavatar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

FYI, works under linux with wine. Redirect to wowhead doesn't works on my computer but maybe I need some wine tuning.
Here are my suggestions:
-right click on BIS item could offer the possibility to directly exclude that item.
-add source of the item(boss, hard mode ?, normal/heroic).
- a preview of the item stats
- show the hit/non-hit item that have the higher score for a slot.

Very nice job otherwise.

#55 Axodious

Axodious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Staves are being enchanted with Mighty Spellpower rather than Enchant Staff Greater Spellpower. Also clicking on the Mighty Spellpower link takes me to an invalid WoWHead item number 60714.

Suggestions:
- Jewelcrafting Gem option
- Whether or not to use hit gems or choice of common Warlock gems
- Receive PTR loot from WoWHead

#56 Todgerdodger

Todgerdodger

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Sundial of the exiled is missing in the item list.

As is The Egg of Mortal Essence.

#57 Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Default hit is way too high. The destro spec only needs 341 for example if you have full raid buffs.

#58 ashtray

ashtray

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Default hit is way too high. The destro spec only needs 341 for example if you have full raid buffs.

If you're Alliance. If you're Horde you need 14% from gear/talents. Also, not all raids have enough draenei to go around. I know mine doesn't. I often find myself having to gear for 14% as opposed to 13%. So I imagine setting the 14% default is the safest bet for optimizing gear. If it's a different value for you there's nothing stopping you from changing it.

#59 Tauraherion

Tauraherion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Since the patch, new items were loaded into the optigear. And now it keeps freezing when calculating item slot 18. anyone know how to fix this?

Also, Venombyte, do you have another version of this coming up?

#60 Axodious

Axodious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Staves are being enchanted with Mighty Spellpower rather than Enchant Staff Greater Spellpower. Also clicking on the Mighty Spellpower link takes me to an invalid WoWHead item number 60714.

Suggestions:
- Jewelcrafting Gem option
- Whether or not to use hit gems or choice of common Warlock gems
- Receive PTR loot from WoWHead

Another suggestion in addition to these would be to add MMO-Champion item database support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users