• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

It's all pretty dependant on a number of factors.

First off, you obviously have to sign up. Next, the group composition is decided. Are we allowed balance or do we need a few extras of a particular class? Along with the previous consideration, we need to decide if we're going to speed through, or are we in a learning phase, or can we take our time and allow people to attend who are less familiar with the zone? If it's one or both of the former two, we usually reserve slots for those who raid the most and have the best equipment. If it's the latter, it's pretty much open to all who sign up (save a few who are really ill-equipped or inexperienced).

Once that's taken care of, an initial group is posted (most likely it's >40 people) and the folks from each class will decide who's going and who's sitting out based on previous attendance and/or equipment needs.

My answer's better than Gurg's, just FYI.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#22 Jeht

Jeht

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:01 PM

So you guys don't think the extra DPS that mages and locks can do with TA is worth tightening up the groups a little?

Maybe CTRA has spoiled me, but when I arrange groups I never do so with the intent of having a healer in each one.

#23 Eliirion

Eliirion

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

I find when i'm doing groups (providing you have a good balance, and you don't have weird situations like having 8 druids in the raid) I try to make each group as balanced as possible. This usually means a primary healer and secondary healer (Priest/Pally, Druid/Pally, Druid/Druid, Priest/Druid) for tanks at least, and then a little more sparse in the "leftover" groups.

Lots of the times I end up stacking 2-3 groups to improve melee. Alliance doesn't really have to worry about keeping a Pally (Shammy) with their dps, due to blessings being on anyone in the raid no matter the group setups.

(This grouping really only applies for trash though, as boss group setups tend to get a bit more funky)

Usually tank groups end up as:
Warrior
Priest
Pally
Warlock
*other* (often mages)

Melee Groups:
DPS Warrior
Rogue
Rogue
Hunter /w TSA
Healer

or in the rare cases of Feral druids, i'll get a healer from another group to watch a dps group and make it:
DPS Warrior
Rogue
Rogue
Hunter /w TSA
Feral Druid in Cat

Then it's pretty much a matter of letting each group keep themselves alive, and if at any time as a healer, if your group isn't taking any damage, watch other groups/tanks. (Or ask for help from other healers if you're falling behind on your tank).
[W:From] [Daorchuntard]: your my hero
[W:From] [Daorchuntard]: sick mount lol

#24 hellsoap

hellsoap

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4443 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

I wish i could have tranquil air as often as i wanted.

Sometimes when I pull aggro or threaten too Gurgthock will give me tranquil air for a boss fight or two; then I just wand out of spite.

you have to just wait for the start to fight then scream "WHERE R MY TTOTAMS" in party chat until he gives them to you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] >>> http://www.lightdecay.com <<<

#25 Relwin

Relwin

Lucas Cat

• Moderators
  • 6928 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

Sometimes when I pull aggro or threaten too Gurgthock will give me tranquil air for a boss fight or two; then I just wand out of spite.

More like run to the other side of Huhuran with Tamuf. :angry:

#26 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

Maybe CTRA has spoiled me, but when I arrange groups I never do so with the intent of having a healer in each one.

Why not? Asking your healers to spend more time watching EM and the CT raid windows is a bad thing.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#27 Jeht

Jeht

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Why not? Asking your healers to spend more time watching EM and the CT raid windows is a bad thing.

why? I personally find it easier to prioritize healing targest with CTRA. Being able to put all the tanks or rogues or whatever in one "group," or being able to position the groups I'm responsible for together.

#28 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27809 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:26 PM

There's still PoH.

And you said yourself, "the groups I'm responsible for" -- clearly you need group assignments to make sure that through a lack of communication you don't end up with one warrior that has no one in range to heal him because everyone assumed someone else had it covered. And as groups shift and move and change assignments over the course of a run, I think that'd get confusing to maintain. It's far easier to just have the default assumption of "you heal your group."

And really, there's no cost at all to not giving mages/locks tranquil most of the time. They rarely need it. On the fights where they truly do, I rearrange groups so that they get it, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users