• This topic is locked This topic is locked
833 replies to this topic

#1 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

I've created a web based adaptation of Shandara's Hunter DPS Spreadsheet. As with Shandara's sheet it won't be 100% accurate and will only give you a rough approximation of a tank and spank fight, but should be relatively useful for gear/spec comparisons. It requires a reasonably current browser with good Javascript support.

You can use it at Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

Private messages are preferred for bug reports- please accompany any dps discrepancy reports with the name of your saved setting so I can test effectively. More general feature discussions can go here. At this time I don't have plans to implement the gear planner.

You can see the frequently asked questions for common questions, version history, planned features, etc.

You can also get the latest changes to the site from Twitter.

Thanks to Shandara for the support in developing this.

#2 Allara

Allara

Extra Special

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

Excellent work! It's well laid out, and I enjoy the collapsing panels. Are there any plans to incorporate a gear planner similar to the spreadsheet?

#3 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

Definitely very nicely made.

Showing lower numbers than the spreadsheet, not quite sure why, but everything seems reasonable other than that.

#4 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Definitely very nicely made.

Showing lower numbers than the spreadsheet, not quite sure why, but everything seems reasonable other than that.

If you're getting numbers that are significantly off the spreadsheet, please save your settings and PM me the name of them so I can check for any possible bugs. Small discrepancies are to be expected, but large ones would probably indicate a bug.

#5 Scotch

Scotch

Soda Popinski

• Allied Members
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

Nice piece of work, I applaud your efforts.

One random thought: having a 'set all' button for gems would be useful, I think. Either chose which type and hit 'set all' or choose ones by color and have 'set all' by color.
<Blackpatch>: i feel so bad for north koreans
<Blackpatch>: imagine
<Blackpatch>: there are kids living 30 miles north of seoul
<Blackpatch>: who have never heard of banelings

<Bryne>: monkeys only throw shit everywhere because they're smart enough to realize: EVERYONE HATES SHIT

#6 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

Nice piece of work, I applaud your efforts.

One random thought: having a 'set all' button for gems would be useful, I think. Either chose which type and hit 'set all' or choose ones by color and have 'set all' by color.

Interesting idea, I'll take a look at how best to implement that.

#7 Anindor

Anindor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:58 AM

On the bottom of the 'Gear' panel it would be nice to have a quick rundown of the base stats added by gear

E.G. How much Hit, Crit, Haste, etc. is added by the gear currently equipped.

#8 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:44 AM

If I select 3/3 in the Beast Mastery talent Longevity and calculate dps, the pet attack breakdown still has default cooldown times on the pet specials. Similarly, Bestial Wrath cooldown is shown as 100s (I have the glyph selected). Is the 30% reduced cooldown taken into account behind the scenes in the calculations?

#9 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

Thanks Jessamy for the bug report, there was indeed an issue with Longevity support and it should be correct now. Please let me know if you notice any additional problems.

I've also added in Scotch's suggestion with the default gems.

I'm considering the display of the gear totals on the gear tab, but that'd be a pretty big operation since right now the stats are a pretty simplistic display and that would require recalculating the math of all the gear anytime there's an item change on the browser end (right now all the serious math happens on the server side when you click the update dps). So it's something I may add later but probably not immediately.

#10 Ramsess

Ramsess

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

As I'm troll and found minor bug in shot rotation tab isn't active berserk skill (maybe better rename it to orginal skill name Berserking) so I can't drag and drop it.

and good work!

#11 Nekondas

Nekondas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

Outstanding job man, everything seems to work fine.
In am thinking about one improvement - when u select items to specified slots Analyzer could show their stats straight from wowhead instead of names only.

#12 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

Don't post in this thread unless you have some genuinely useful feedback. If you simply want to thank Rivkah for his work, send a PM.

#13 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

I've fixed the berserking (and blood fury) so that it enables properly when using an armory import (previously it was only working if you selected the race manually).

Nekondas I'm a little confused about what you mean- right now when you select an item, it should be displaying the stats below the item, is that not working for you? Or are you talking about putting the stats in the menus when you select the item?

#14 Hititicus

Hititicus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

Fantastic work Rivkah, this is amazing.

Just thought i'd throw in an idea for you to consider, though i don't propose to know any logisitics but have seen many sites and site-based applications that use it. The hover-over Wowhead links for abilities and items/armor/etc.

Thank you again for developing this - it makes my role of teaching hunters to use it SO much easier :)

Edit: spelling

#15 Doriggi

Doriggi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

Really great work it has helped me out sooo much with my dps the talent section is great but one question i had was i put n a talent spec that yielded more dps that the highest build i found on elitist. So the question bieng how accurate is this ruffly?

#16 Galushi

Galushi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:10 AM

Really great work it has helped me out sooo much with my dps the talent section is great but one question i had was i put n a talent spec that yielded more dps that the highest build i found on elitist. So the question bieng how accurate is this ruffly?

Make sure you enable all the buffs/debuffs in their corresponding sections. The EJ top spec usually skips raid buffing talents since it assumes someone else can provide them. If you were simulating in a buffless enviroment it may skew the result differently.

#17 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

Generally the numbers should be coming in very close to what you get off of the spreadsheet using the shot rotation tab (I am looking into supporting the rotation test but it will be difficult without a Windows Excel to actually test it in). But there will be small discrepancies. If the discrepancy is more than a small amount please let me know which saved setting you put it under and I can try comparing it to the spreadsheet and see if there's a bug causing the difference. It has only been in public beta for a few days so I'm sure there's still stuff that needs fixing.

With regards to the rollover wowhead links, I have been considering that, although since the items are in select menus it probably would be a bit messier to implement. Right now I'm trying to make sure to get the basic bugs shaken out, then I will try to see what I can do about improving some of the formatting and detail output.

One thing that would be useful to know is what data in the spreadsheet that I'm not displaying now is actually of good use to a lot of people. What I'm showing now is obviously a small subset of what I'm actually calculating, I can add more but I didn't want to overwhelm people with the sheer volume of data that's in the spreadsheet, so I'd like to pinpoint which data points are of value and get those into the display.

#18 Galushi

Galushi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

Not a huge concern but id be interested in seeing the average Non-crit and Critical strike damage of each of the abilities that are listed on the priority list. Right now it shows the average total damage (factoring crit and crit modifiers and piercing shots) which is fine, but id like to see what the actual noncrit and crit dmg is as well if its possible. Would be interesting to see how those values change with different stats/gear. But like i said, total average damage like currently implemented is already adequate.

Nice work btw. I dont have excel myself and OpenOffice tends to butcher the dps spreadsheet so your work on this standalone site is a godsend to me. Even just getting the AEP values for what my gear is at allows me to easily input into LootRank or similar and make gear comparisons easier.

#19 Doriggi

Doriggi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:09 AM

One more question reguarding the hunter damage calculator. What would be the best fight to enter in (time, level of boss, etc.) to get the most accurate damage per second. I have been told that Patchwork is the best boss to test you damage per second on. Is this true, and if so, can that boss fight be entered in the damage calculator accurately? Once again, truly great work, also one thing I would like to see in the future is possibly a drop down list for 10 and 25 man raid bosses. Thanks again, guys.

#20 Croto

Croto

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

Could we get an option for popping a haste pot similar to what you already have with the mana pot option?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users