• This topic is locked This topic is locked
833 replies to this topic

#21 Rhy

Rhy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

One more question reguarding the hunter damage calculator. What would be the best fight to enter in (time, level of boss, etc.) to get the most accurate damage per second. I have been told that Patchwork is the best boss to test you damage per second on. Is this true, and if so, can that boss fight be entered in the damage calculator accurately? Once again, truly great work, also one thing I would like to see in the future is possibly a drop down list for 10 and 25 man raid bosses. Thanks again, guys.

It makes no difference what boss you are attacking. They are all level 83, and all WotLK bosses have the same armor value, unless there are bosses like Teron or RoS back in BT who had lower armor than the rest, but so far I haven't seen anyone mentioning something like this. The only variable is the movement required, that's why Patch is considered the best.

About the fight length, leave it at the default 6 mins. You don't use the spreadsheet to simulate a specific fight. It uses ideal conditions that you can never replicate in a live raid. Just use it to pick the best gear/rotation/talent options.

#22 Hagen

Hagen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

One thing that would be useful to know is what data in the spreadsheet that I'm not displaying now is actually of good use to a lot of people. What I'm showing now is obviously a small subset of what I'm actually calculating, I can add more but I didn't want to overwhelm people with the sheer volume of data that's in the spreadsheet, so I'd like to pinpoint which data points are of value and get those into the display.

What I am interested in is:
-average hit, crit and Piercing Shots damage per shot
-something like the calculations tab in the spreadsheet for those who want a lot of information (This could be another tab that is collapsed by default)

#23 Glognar

Glognar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Outstanding!

Concerned about Glyphs.

In spreadsheet going from SS Glyph to Chimera results in over 100 DPS loss.
In your application, going from SS Glyph to Chimera results in over over 50 DPS gain.

#24 Guest_akapatata_*

Guest_akapatata_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Outstanding!

Concerned about Glyphs.

In spreadsheet going from SS Glyph to Chimera results in over 100 DPS loss.
In your application, going from SS Glyph to Chimera results in over over 50 DPS gain.

Actually if you checked on the spreadsheet again you will realized that with or with out the chimera shot glyph there is not a change on the dps.

#25 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

Just added the new PTR changes for animal handler and wild hunt to the PTR support. Looks like a pretty substantial buff for BM (about 300dps on the one person I tested it on) and a small buff for the other specs (about 20dps on my survival spec). Waiting on the rake changes till I can get clearer on the details.

I'll look into the chimera glyph issue and see if there's a problem.

#26 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

Do you have any plans to add shareable setups? This could be used to globally share the current BIS setups as well as between members (with permission from creator of the setup of course).

#27 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:09 AM

Do you have any plans to add shareable setups? This could be used to globally share the current BIS setups as well as between members (with permission from creator of the setup of course).

There is already a public settings option, but I do also plan to create a method for giving out links to settings that aren't flagged for display on the public settings page as I'm sure that's going to get unwieldy pretty quickly. Should be up in a day or two.

#28 Markam

Markam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hi Rivkah.

Thanks for your nice work.
However the Import from Armory feature is not working for me. I always get the same error message : Couldn't retrieve primary talent info for Markam on Chants éternels.
Still I can check my talents on the Armory.
Could this be due to the fact that I have a secondary spec that is still empty?

#29 Nandei

Nandei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

I am getting the same error from armory import as Markam, "Couldn't retrieve primary talent info for Nandei on Moonglade". I would think this is due to the change in the armory talent page: EU Armory now matches US Armory as far as I can tell, the pet talents are included and the glyphs have been moved to the right side of the page instead of the bottom.

#30 Zeel

Zeel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Would it be possible to insert armory link on profiles loaded from the Public Settings list?
I for one would love to take a bit closer look on characters that have higher dps in the
Public Settings list.

#31 Nekondas

Nekondas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Got same problem as Markam and Nandei, armory import is not working. I also noticed that for some unknown reason i cant enable "Trueshot Aura/Abomination's Might/Unleashed Rage (10% AP)" . It stays grayed all the time, even if i disable all other buffs/debuffs.

#32 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

You can't enable TSA because it's assumed on by default due to your spec (unless the armory is lying), just like I can't change the draenei hit aura

#33 Tornn

Tornn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

I know that MM hunters can and sometimes do go OOM and that Intellect increases mana and also Attack Power...but are you certain that intellect should be as valuable a stat as the analysis seems to indicate? Fully raid buffed agility is the only stat that point for point outscales it on my current setup.

#34 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

The EU armory import should be fixed again- looks like they made a minor tweak but it wasn't hard to fix.

With regards to int Tornn, are you getting a viper penalty? If so, that's probably what's throwing off the value of int. If you save your settings I can take a look to see if something's wrong, but the stat calculations are a pretty simple recalculation based on the new value (I think I'm testing 50 int then scaling it down) so you should be able to reproduce the same value by putting an extra 50 int in under custom gear and seeing if you get similar results.

With regards to the TSA thing, I will probably fix it in a future version to allow people to select it even if it is in your talents because it seems to be causing too much confusion for people.

#35 Roisin

Roisin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Im getting strange int values too. And agi and arp seems undervalued

Combined: 	3798.46 	100.00%
Hunter: 	        3389.99 	89.25%
Pet: 	              408.47 	10.75%
Viper Loss:  	-259.96 	-6.84%

Stat 	DPS 	Per Budget
Agility + 1 	0.845 	0.845
AP + 1 	0.382 	0.764
Crit + 1 	0.78  	0.78
Hit + 1  	1.068 	1.068
Int + 1 	0.831 	0.831
ArP + 1 	0.707 	0.707
Haste + 1 	0.373 	0.373
Stamina + 1 	0 	0
Mp5 + 1 	0.630 	0.252

edit: my bad just forgot to activate debuffs and buffs :)

#36 jmichaelp

jmichaelp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

Looks promising, thanks for your work!

Would it be possible to place the DPS Update section in a separate frame so that it's always available & seen (maybe just putting it at the very top would work wityhut the need for a frame)? Additionally, would it be possible to rearrange the cascades into multiple columns so that more of the content fits on pne page?

#37 zockbert

zockbert

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

Unchecking "Use Averaging of Abilities Over Time" gives a lot of division by 0 warnings upon calculating DPS.

#38 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

I've fixed the averaging abiities over time errors. I've also added the ability to filter the load settings to only load certain sections so you can more easily mix and match from different settings. At the moment it only applies to your personal settings but I'll eventually set it up to work with the public settings.

Hadelle I'm not sure what you mean by cascades? If you're talking about the dps output, I've moved things around a bit to fit more in, although it still needs work.

#39 robertcs

robertcs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

I've noticed that when changing the rotation test, switching the order of aimed/arcane to be exact, it isn't affecting my dps. When surely, changing the order in one case results in a large increase in the number of steady shots replaced by arcanes. Along with allowing more of the ISS procs to affect chimera when it goes aimed > arcane.

#40 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

The current implementation of the web interface is based off the shot rotation tab in Shandara's spreadsheet. It really just figures out the number of GCDs available and since it's unlikely that you're going to run out of GCD from anything except steady shot, you end up with the same number of each type of shot regardless of priority as long as they come before steady shot. So the dps you get should come out similarly to Shandara's sheet if you use shot rotation and not rotation test, but it's less accurate than actually simulating all the shots and applying all the procs to them (Simulationcraft is really best at such things).

I hope to eventually implement the rotation test, which is a bit smarter, but will require a lot more processing on the server side and I can't actually use it myself in the spreadsheet due to the lack of Windows Excel, so testing is going to be problematic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users