833 replies to this topic

#41 br4k3

br4k3

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

great tool Rivkah, good job.

possible bug: both my hunters specs are MM, on the dps calculation, there's no option for 0% sniper training uptime, it defaults to 1%.
other than that, im getting almost spot-on numbers compared to the spreadsheet.

#42 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

possible bug: both my hunters specs are MM, on the dps calculation, there's no option for 0% sniper training uptime, it defaults to 1%.

Sniper training uptime is ignored unless you have the talent, so it shouldn't cause a problem, I should clarify that on the settings page.

#43 onreivni

onreivni

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

I would like to know if there's any way that you can add Latin servers for armory

#44 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

I would like to know if there's any way that you can add Latin servers for armory

PM me an armory link for a hunter on your servers (and if you can a link to a list of server names) and I'll see if it's difficult to do.

#45 Varance

Varance

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

Cosmetic request: for the gear selector, it it possible to add an option to sort gear by item level descending then alpha and/or an item level prefix in each entry (IE "232: Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned")? That would make it easier to compare gear based on equivalent item level instead of having to go through other lists/websites or check each item individually to figure out where everything fits.

#46 Syncness

Syncness

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

This is amazing.

Thank you very much for this.

Unfortunately, when I have multiple pets with the same name, it will pick the first one in the Armory drop down list.

#47 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

Unfortunately, when I have multiple pets with the same name, it will pick the first one in the Armory drop down list.

I've added a workaround to deal with this problem. If you add (family name) or (match number) to the pet name now it will get the correct one. For example if you did Pussie (Wolf) it'd get your wolf, Pussie (3) would get your cat. I've added a note to the FAQ so people know about the option. It's not really the best user interface wise, and I may add something to the form eventually so that people don't have to know about the trick, but for now it should be better than nothing.

#48 Markam

Markam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

Everything is fine with the EU armory now, thank you!

But I noticed something. When I change a piece of stuff (for example socketed gloves versus gloves without socket) causing my metagem to be non activated, it still appears as activated.
The requirements do not update in this case.

#49 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

When I change a piece of stuff (for example socketed gloves versus gloves without socket) causing my metagem to be non activated, it still appears as activated.
The requirements do not update in this case.

Thank you for the bug report, I tracked down the poblem and it should be fixed now. Let me know if you notice any more issues.

#50 mako

mako

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Wolves are unique as they are the only pet to apply a buff to the hunter with their special. Furious Howl effectively gives the hunter 320 attack power with a 50% uptime, and then (correct me if i'm wrong) a portion of that going back to the wolf as well as the flat 320. In exchange, the wolf does not have more damaging (second) focus ability and only spams bite.

Add TSA/Unleashed Rage/Abom. Might and you're getting another 32 ap out of the buff. Basically, furious howl is just that good.
It's called Bloodlust, not Heroism. What kind of pansy name is Heroism, anyway?
<Bad> Dragonmaw US
www.damnwesuck.com
12/13 [25] Heroic - Recruiting exceptional players.

#51 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

I've finally gotten the rotation test functionality working properly. It won't be on by default because it takes a lot more effort for the server to run it (it seems to run reasonably quick but I don't want to overload things till I see how the server takes it with some load), but you can just turn it on in the settings if you want to use it instead of the default shot rotation GCD estimate. At the moment I don't have any of the options associated with it setup, I'm using the same defaults that are in the spreadsheet, but I may include a few of those options later.

I also found some issues with the chimera and kill shot formulas that I addressed while I was working on the rotation test, so pretty much all specs should see some difference in their total dps, in general the numbers should come out closer to the spreadsheet though.

#52 CrowneVict

CrowneVict

Banned

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

This website was working beautifully for me a couple of weeks ago, but now I am unable to click on any of the buttons on the page. Nothing has changed on my end, and I even dropped the security settings to low to see if any content was unable to load.

Vista64 + IE7

#53 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

It looks like there was a small issue in Javascript which wasn't causing problems in the other browsers I tested but looked to be generating errors under IE7. It should be resolved now, please let me know if you're still having issues.

#54 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

I've added display of the dps gain from set bonuses under the gear bonuses section and included a few low level bonuses that were missing.

I've also modified the pet expertise formula when 3.2 changes are enabled to reflect the current test results I'm seeing on PTR. Basically the draenei hit aura seems to have no effect on pet expertise. Focused aim seems to function at a reduced effect for expertise (which I'm estimating to be at half the value it should be at, but the test results aren't following this pattern perfectly). It doesn't look like the focused aim issue will be fixed before live so I figured I'd better get it implemented as best as I can estimate it for now, when it gets fixed or I have more solid numbers I'll change it again.

#55 SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

I just submitted a bug report through the site for this issue, but maybe I'm doing something wrong: selecting Snapper Extreme (+40 hit) doesn't seem to apply the hit to the calculations, stat rankings, or in the stats box.

#56 Tobensen

Tobensen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

I found somthing weird, which I can´t belief nor explain, so maybe it´s a bug.

The sheet gives the highest DPS without using Arcan or Aimed, just using Silent, Kill, Chim and Steady.

Skillung: 7/57/7; no Arcan; 3/3 Barage; 1/3 Imp Barage; 3/3 Imp Steady.
Glyphs: Serpent; Chim; Steady
Best buffs and debuffs, latenzy changed to 60ms,
My Gear from Armory.

Saved the file puplic, "Ongor weird".

Maybe someone else can explain it.

ps.: sry for my poor english.

#57 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

I've been testing your save Tobensen and I think I tracked down the reason for it. This only seems to happen when you have the rotation test enabled and only under certain latency cases. The issue is that random procs like ISS are handled in a not very random fashion in the rotation test (because to do so would return different results every time) so they tend to come at consistent intervals. Under certain conditions those intervals will hit different shots, which will affect the dps value of ISS. Without arcane and aimed, all the ISS procs in your case were coming up for chimera shot every time, which was giving a higher amount of dps than what you'd get if the ISS procs were more evenly distributed between the different shots.

I've added more detail to the debug report option so you can see what the output of the rotation test is in terms of total shots and the shot order in case this interests you. Unfortunately I'm not sure of a good workaround to the problem at the moment that doesn't involve a more random handling of ISS which would give inconsistent dps values.

I've also fixed the hit food issue that SkyMonkey reported.

I've also gotten reports of the gem menus not working properly in Opera 9.x. This is due to an Opera bug with the way option groups are handled (whenever you change your gem list, which happens when loading a saved setting or using the item filters, they will break) and at the moment the workaround is just to use Opera 10.x or another browser. I hope to solve the problem later but I need to figure out how to code around the bug without causing problems for other browsers.

#58 arison

arison

King Hippo

•  Patrons
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

Fantastic tool. Minor request - would it be possible to have the LnL proc rate as a setting while the true proc rate is discovered? The current estimates from the SV thread are around 20%, which obviously has a pretty big impact.

Thanks!

#59 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:22 AM

I'm going to wait on doing anything with the LnL proc rate till we have a bit more data on what the new rate is. I've posted some of what I've collected in the survival thread and asked for more data collected from others there.

#60 Guest_Alduin_*

Guest_Alduin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

Looks like there is a mistake with calculating DPS after reaching ARP cap. (I reached 11088DPS with 101% ARP but it should be capped there).
Also it would be nice to have a version number of the spreadsheet used.
But great work, much better than DL every new spreadsheet :)

Sorry I forgot: A direct link to the profile would be very nice (without "public settings" plopping up and with a "link to profile" after saving it to copy paste. It's a bit unhandy to handle profiles)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users