• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oaken

Oaken

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

Not sure if any of you caught this. Nefarian has now been tanked by a feral Druid:

http://video.google....anking Nefarian

Yes, it is a testament to the quality of that guild's priests and paladins to manage through the druid class calls.

No, it doesn't mean feral Druids are better than Warriors (don't try this at home kiddies! this was done by trained Druid stuntmen).

But damn! it is always funny when people prove naysayers of any type wrong.

#2 Maledict

Maledict

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

That video is nothing more than a testament to how broken Fear Ward is on the Nefarian fight... :)

#3 Sunder

Sunder

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

That video is nothing more than a testament to how broken Fear Ward is on the Nefarian fight... :)

QQ :)

#4 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

That was surprisingly smooth.

I was hoping Zyla would have been the first though, damn Euros :P
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#5 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:04 PM

DOH!

Law School Exams owned me so I haven't been able to raid a lot recently. This was just a matter of time. Serious props to their healers. That's some godly work. I know firsthand how intense that damage can be when it comes in while you're in kitty form =D.

I haven't run the numbers, but I wonder from a damage taken standpoint the druid call would be less damaging then the warrior call. The most significant reduction I suppose would be the multiplier put onto the Shadow Flames under the warrior call. If you're feral you do get that extra 4% dodge...which explains how little damage he took in that one call.

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#6 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

The problem is that with the druid call, not only are you losing a lot of mitigation, but you're also losing a lot of health, and you have fewer healers. I suppose if you only have one or two druids it's not a major problem, but when we have druid-heavy raids (although druid-heavy means 5...), keeping an unflasked tank up during druid calls can already sometimes be difficult if you have bad luck with shadowflames.

Losing healers at the same time as you lose mitigation is much worse than just losing some mitigation.

#7 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

Right, I don't think anyone's concerned about the mana longevity here (in fact, it may well be offset by the amount of overhealing necessary to keep the Cat alive). The issue is max HP.

What was the Cat's HP? Given that a Nef healing crew has to be prepared to keep up a Warrior with no Gem/Last Stand through a class shout (possibly unflasked), this situation might not even be all that much worse.

#8 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

Raid buffed, its not unreasonable with blasted lands and a Flask of Titans to probably still have about 8k life in kitty form...Being forced out of bear is a loss of 1200 (a titans..conicidence?) and 20% of your sta, which is probably somewhere around 450'ish, so you lose 90 sta or so...The total loss of hp is ~2000 by being shifted, and you gain 4% dodge mitigation while being there. Its not a truly huge loss, unless I've borked a number here. Mostly I can base this off having about 5.5k health in cat with no real buffs other then standard raid..gimme some chimerok chops and blasted and flask and the loss of hp is probably mitigated, plus you have the luxury at that point of a ~12k hp bear during the other points.

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users