• This topic is locked This topic is locked
454 replies to this topic

#441 Razanar

Razanar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

Have we come up with an idea of what 4/5 pieces of T10 we're going to use? Trying to figure out which pieces to buy first. I guess I'll compile a list here and see how it looks: (NOTE this is only 25 man gear, as it has more stats)

Legs:
Sanctified Frost Witch's War-Kilt
Leggings of Northern Lights
Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards (crafted)

Helmet:
Sanctified Frost Witch's Faceguard
Snowserpent Mail Helm

Not a bad option, give up Haste for Hit and some Agility for extra AP, which is nice. And a Yellow Socket, since Haste seems to undeniably be our best stat after those compilation graphs were posted.

Chest:
Sanctified Frost Witch's Chestguard
Longstrider's Vest
Carapace of Forgotten Kings

Exchanging 77 Haste for 69 Hit, losing 8 Agility, and gaining a Yellow socket. Good tradeoff IMO.

Shoulders:
Sanctified Frost Witch's Shoulderguards

Our only option. Who cares though we get Shoveltusks.

Gloves:
Sanctified Frost Witch's Grips
Logsplitters
Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves

EDIT: The addition of the Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves makes the gloves look, at first glance, like the best swap. (Needs Confirmation). 5/5 T10 is not a bad idea this time around, but getting rid of some hit for haste is always good if far over the cap.

In order to just consolidate all the information, I'll do all the other equipment slots as well for easy access, and update it as we find more pieces.

Feet:
Treads of the Wasteland - Prince Valanar
Rock-Steady Treads - Crafted

Treads are already better, and come Heroic they'll gain a boost in ilvl.

Belt:
Band of the Night Raven - Badges
Nerub'ar Stalker's Cord - Festergut

The badge belt is our BiS for now from the looks of it, but when Heroic modes come out, Linked Scourge Vertebrae is identical sans socket colors (so don't waste badges until you're swimming in 'em), Blood-Drinker's Girdle is interesting, but the Festergut belt heroic will probably outdo all of them purely because of the increase in ilvl.

Wrist:
Scourge Hunter's Vambraces
Icecrown Rampart Bracers

Neck:
Wodin's Lucky Necklace
Sindragosa's Cruel Claw

Rings:
Band of the Bone Colossus (BiS 1)
Frostbrood Sapphire Ring
Seal of Many Mouths
Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance (BiS 2)

Unless you need the expertise, which we may very well need, then Seal of Many Mouths

Cloak:
Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape
Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak - Very Obviously BiS.

There's plenty of discussion on Trinkets, Totems, and Weapons going on so I won't include those here. I'll update these as we get more gear from boss releases and Arthas's loot table, but hopefully the consolidated information will help a BiS list come into existence easier.

#442 Cobs

Cobs

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the comparison.

It is obviously too early to tell but from what we've seen in regular mode, the heroic tokens might prove to be harder to obtain as wing bosses tend tend to be more difficult so it stands to reason so will their hardmodes (Saurfang not really withstanding but that is only 2 tokens per week). More to the point there are limited attempts for hard modes on wing bosses so learning curves will be longer and wipes will mean more chances for the 264 marks of sanctification over the 277 ones.

The point I'm getting at is that we will probably have access to the 277 snowserpent helm earlier (hardmode marrowgar) than the 277 t10 helm and seeing as it is the best option for swapping out at least until later in the patch cycle when wing boss hardmodes are on farm.

#443 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Have we come up with an idea of what 4/5 pieces of T10 we're going to use? Trying to figure out which pieces to buy first. I guess I'll compile a list here and see how it looks: (NOTE this is only 25 man gear, as it has more stats)

Legs:
Gloves:
Sanctified Frost Witch's Grips
Logsplitters

More ArP. Looks like Gloves are here to stay.

You are missing Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves for the gloves section.

Also with respect to Seal of Many Mouths, I couldn't find a case where it it was better than just gemming expertise. Having crit on Seal (see crit depression discussion) vs. haste on Band of the Bone Colossus pretty much seals the deal.

#444 Razanar

Razanar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the comparison.

It is obviously too early to tell but from what we've seen in regular mode, the heroic tokens might prove to be harder to obtain as wing bosses tend tend to be more difficult so it stands to reason so will their hardmodes (Saurfang not really withstanding but that is only 2 tokens per week). More to the point there are limited attempts for hard modes on wing bosses so learning curves will be longer and wipes will mean more chances for the 264 marks of sanctification over the 277 ones.

The point I'm getting at is that we will probably have access to the 277 snowserpent helm earlier (hardmode marrowgar) than the 277 t10 helm and seeing as it is the best option for swapping out at least until later in the patch cycle when wing boss hardmodes are on farm.

This isn't about what gear is easiest to get, it's about BiS. Besides, Festergut isn't that much farther in thank Marrowgar. The first 4 bosses are a cakewalk and I don't assume they'll be EXTREMELY hard in Heroic either.

#445 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

Looks like T10 is our only real option here, other two have ArP.

Please drop the idiotic prejudice against ArP. Stick to logic and math to determine if an item is good or not.

In case you were curious. In 4T10, ArP beats the tar outta crit rating and agility. This is because the 4 piece bonus exaggerates our melee damage and we will be butting up against the crit cap. Go check out the graph in Rawr when you are in 4T10, you will be pleasantly surprised by how well we will be scaling with ArP.

#446 Razanar

Razanar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

You are missing Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves for the gloves section.

Also with respect to Seal of Many Mouths, I couldn't find a case where it it was better than just gemming expertise. Having crit on Seal (see crit depression discussion) vs. haste on Band of the Bone Colossus pretty much seals the deal.

I knew those existed too, I just missed them for some reason. Thanks for that, they seem to be a very good alternative to the gloves. And yes I know gemming is usually better than just having it on gear, but some people are stubborn about gemming for expertise. You're right though, the Crit vs. Haste pretty much seals the deal for the Band of the Bone Colossus.

Please drop the idiotic prejudice against ArP. Stick to logic and math to determine if an item is good or not.

In case you were curious. In 4T10, ArP beats the tar outta crit rating and agility. This is because the 4 piece bonus exaggerates our melee damage and we will be butting up against the crit cap. Go check out the graph in Rawr when you are in 4T10, you will be pleasantly surprised by how well we will be scaling with ArP.

It's not an idiotic prejudice, it's a long-standing, data-founded prejudice. However, thanks for correcting me, this is relatively new information that I hadn't noticed (and I read the forums daily). I guess now I see why there's a few items with Haste + ArP, as Haste is near useless for Hunters so I hear. I deleted all the comments bashing ArP, and from now on I'll just keep that list to a solid gear choice compilation for easy access.

#447 drstein

drstein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

This might be a leather item Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder but with the lack of expertise in our new tier and the low hit comparing to the high crit that put us near crit cap this might be a very good option as well.At least with my current set of gear when i change the gloves with the t10 it seems as BiS.

#448 Totentanz

Totentanz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

* Isn't implementet neither in rawr nor in EnhSim so I took .

...it really isn't? Release notes + my own testing seem to tell the contrary.

EnhSim - Release: V1.9.3.1
EnhSim - Release: Release v1.9.3.2

#449 fulgas

fulgas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi,
The BiS from Jolosinlol seems like a BiS for Jewel crafting. If i change the profession to enchanter and change the gems to expertize i would lose around 150 dps. Now if i do a BiS based on my enchanter profession i would have the same amount of dps.

Has anyone done the same tests?

#450 Oniwasaka

Oniwasaka

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Even tho i have no particular knowledge of how to use enhsim efficiently ( it's been only a while i am using it). Shouldn't you just change the ms ? i noticed you had min ms : 200 & max ms : 200. Is that correct? Shouldn't it be like 200-300 ? So it gives a more accurate dps condition? I don't your ms will be the same at all times, forgive me if i am missing something :)

#451 Jolosinlol

Jolosinlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

...it really isn't? Release notes + my own testing seem to tell the contrary.
[...]

I couldn't choose in Rawr. Posted Image
(I filtered "bi" cause of the name "Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice" so it should be shown if implemented, but it's not.
Cause of it's not in Rawr, I couldn't export it to sim. Additionaly I can't choose it direcly in Sim.
Posted Image
I don't know how to import it so Sim, but I can't choose it directly.

Even tho i have no particular knowledge of how to use enhsim efficiently ( it's been only a while i am using it). Shouldn't you just change the ms ? i noticed you had min ms : 200 & max ms : 200. Is that correct? Shouldn't it be like 200-300 ? So it gives a more accurate dps condition? I don't your ms will be the same at all times, forgive me if i am missing something :)

My wow ping is around 20-50 ms. In addition to that everyone has a human reactiontime. In WoW you know what will happen in the next 2-5 seconds so you can plan your priority list. Of cause ou have to react if mw_5 procs. But you can plan with that in a special kind of way, so i think that 200ms is ok to use it.

#452 fulgas

fulgas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hi,
use the item id in enhsim, 50458. It should boost around 100 dps.

#453 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

* Isn't implementet neither in rawr nor in EnhSim so I took .

That isn't true it IS implemented in BOTH programs. In Rawr the fact that the proc isn't showing on YOUR data is the issue. Manually edit the item to add the proc in. Wowhead changed the spelling of the item after v2.3.5 was released a fix for new spelling is in for v2.3.6.

In EnhSim it is there but for whatever reason missing from the GUI dropdown. It still works if you were to type the name in manually. I've added the extra items to the drop down for next version of GUI.

Actually guys PLEASE report these things on the Enhsim website. If an item is missing from the drop downs, let us know by posting a ticket. Please DON'T post it on EJ forums.

EnhSim - Issue Tracker
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#454 Jolosinlol

Jolosinlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi,
Thank you :).
If i change it i would get 11974,17dps.
I wont repost all again download this BiS-EnhSim.zip If you want the changed Enhsim data.

#455 fulgas

fulgas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

Enchanter + LW
On rawr i can't seem to get the haste totem. On enhsim i'm using it on the simulation.

Rawr BiS T10
EnhSim BiS T10
DPS: 11991.72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users