• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Darksaber

Darksaber

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:15 AM

I'm not a rogue, just a lowly healbot, but is the Peasant Caller really needed? Couldn't you farm a Heart of Noxxion and stick that in there instead? Of course, if you have a super huge amount of NR, okay, but then you could put a Breadth in there or something. Or do they absorb bolts? I heard that totems and pets didn't soak up the stuff after 30% anymore, but of course I could always be wrong.

#2 chalon

chalon

Founder of the Chalonverse

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

Seems just slightly excessive :P.

For me, I just DPS like usual, hit my Blade Flurry + Earthstrike macro, and that's about it. If my health appears to be in danger, pop a GNPP.

#3 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:46 AM

release the hounds!

one of the ner'zhul horde guilds gets endless flak because it's rumored (and they don't deny it) that their huhuran strategy involves farming dog whistles from SM :-P

but yeah, it seems excessive to me. isn't just resisting stuff easier? :)

#4 Greybone

Greybone

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, god forbid you have to actually think or adapt or anything

#5 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

i find it hard to take this thread seriously..........god i hope your not being serious i mean come on you forgot the SM hounds, the Target dummies and the explosive sheep.

#6 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

release the hounds!

one of the ner'zhul horde guilds gets endless flak because it's rumored (and they don't deny it) that their huhuran strategy involves farming dog whistles from SM :-P

but yeah, it seems excessive to me. isn't just resisting stuff easier? :)

That's actually a really good idea. Much better than flasks of petrification. I'd hope that after a few kills they wouldn't need them any more, but it makes me sad that with WoW remembering about and using terrible items from low level instances makes people call them noobs.

#7 Nightarcher

Nightarcher

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:31 AM

For everyone who is getting Barov/Fulborg/Dogs to help in Huhuran encounter:
That doesn't help its making it worse.
Our first 2 kills were exactly like you doing, total chaos, huge spam of poison bolts, people dying, last 5-10 stanind kill her.
3rd try I said: there are rumour that ever death she will either do more damage/dps or spams another bolt. We tried it without barov spam and EVERYONE agreed that she spammed way less poison bolts and went down with 30+ alive. So I suggest everyone should stop using them, put a good trinket instead and check how it goes.

#8 Anias

Anias

Solution complicated; Dispense enlightening graph.

•  Patrons
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

He does indeed prefer lazy.

The fight is exponentionally easier the closer to minimum healing you can get away with. From 30-0% your healers are losing mana. If they hit zero, you lose. Adding a few extra healers doesn't really help--they'll run out of mana in a similiar fashion. Adding more resist gear doesn't really help, as resists are avoidance not mitigation, and you will get bad rolls eventually. The extra 10 NR from heart of terrible noxion doesn't in any way compare to having the peasents take a critical 10 second wyvern sting for the team.

Regardless of your excellence, the fight from 30% to 0% is a race. You will eventually roll badly, or have your healers go out of mana, and the boss will kill you. Having 4 extra rogues awake during a wyvern sting provides a much more realistic benefit to your raid than having one rogue resist one extra bolt for 25% less damage.

Release the hounds/sheep/peasants indeed.

From the logs I've parsed, her bolt rate is constant post 30, and the collapse of the wall, if/when it happens, doesn't speed up the rate at which she fires. The fight plays out the same way in every log I've parsed. Your healers run from 80%+ to 0, with a consumable in there, and then people die. If you cannot kill her before that happens, then you lose. If she dies quickly, you have an easy time of it. At some point, your raid would be stacked with sufficient healing that the mana concerns would go away, but you're still playing with the dicey resistance math, and bringing more healers so you can prolong the fight and make more attempts at "Bad Rolls" just seems pointless. (It would be in the 18-20+Healer range for the alliance, and you would be prolonging the fight for an extra minute or more...)
First star to the right, and straight on till morning.

#9 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

I find it somewhat ironic that you call NR gear damage avoidance when your doing exactly the same with all these summon item/trinkets >_>

#10 Grimmarg

Grimmarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:46 PM

For everyone who is getting Barov/Fulborg/Dogs to help in Huhuran encounter:
That doesn't help its making it worse.
Our first 2 kills were exactly like you doing, total chaos, huge spam of poison bolts, people dying, last 5-10 stanind kill her.
3rd try I said: there are rumour that ever death she will either do more damage/dps or spams another bolt. We tried it without barov spam and EVERYONE agreed that she spammed way less poison bolts and went down with 30+ alive. So I suggest everyone should stop using them, put a good trinket instead and check how it goes.

That rumor is false. We tested it, and she doesn't spam another volley when someone dies. It would make the fight completely retarded.

#11 Brilliance

Brilliance

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

People need all those tricks to kill Huhupants?

#12 phixion

phixion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Why not time your 30% zerk? Stop DPS at 32% or so wait for a wyvren and have ranged start going all out 1/2 through the sleep so when you hit 30% your rogues are awake?

#13 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

There is nothing in this fight to think about or adapt to.

#14 newladin

newladin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

to cleanse or not to cleanse after 30%, that is the question.
all your base, are belong to us!

#15 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

to cleanse or not to cleanse after 30%, that is the question.

*insert OP alliance paladin ezmode bit*

Basically we hold off if a wyvern sting is at a bad time also, we have even had times where a tank died and still succeeded because we adapted. People should not be going OOM before 30% unless they are just chain casting with no reason (which at this point of the game is retarded and should be frowned upon with fire and pitchforks).

#16 Anias

Anias

Solution complicated; Dispense enlightening graph.

•  Patrons
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

I find it somewhat ironic that you call NR gear damage avoidance when your doing exactly the same with all these summon item/trinkets >_>

I think you've missed the point.

All resists in wow use the terrible "Random and assign damage" method. You are not guaranteed a total damage reduction on any hit due to resistances, although over time your resistances will tend towards whatever your percentage resist rate is. This is an avoidance mechanic, similiar to parry, with all the joys that implies. The alternative to avoidance is actual mitigation. Armor vs physical damage is an example of mitigation. Resists do not behave in the same way as armor, although perhaps they should. The barov peasent caller is not intended to soak bolts. We assume the rogues get hit with bolts. Over time they'd take slightly more damage, but the missing 20 NR isn't going to greatly change any single bolt event. The healers deal with it. The caller is intended to eat a wyvern sting, and thus remove the damage from cleansing. Cleansing sub 30 can line up unfortunately (due to lag among other things) and is reactionary. Peasants being fed to the sleep can't really mess up in an unfortunate way, and is a proactive means of preventing 3 sleeps, which in practice provides a noticeable damage boost.
First star to the right, and straight on till morning.

#17 phixion

phixion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

As said earlier if you time the wyvren correctly you can get the 2nd wyvren sting at 10% or so, in which case your casters/hunters can finish Huhu off. We don't cleanse wyvren the entire fight (aside from the OT on the way to 30%) and definately not sub 30%, not sure why you would with the risk of the 3k + a volley without healers being able to catch it.

#18 Hamoshin

Hamoshin

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:00 PM

Those pets and shit actually absorb Poison Bolts?

We had hunters send in their pets, I combat logged the attempt, and I didn't see one pet ever get hit by a Poison Bolt. They were absorbing Wyvern Stings and Noxious Poisons, but the 2.5k poison bolts never touched them. I figured it would be the same with pets like the Barov Peasant Caller and the dog whistle from DM.
I used to have a huge image here, but then it got removed and now I\'ve developed chronic depression and suicidal tendencies. /wrists
http://ctprofiles.net/7275

#19 Brilliance

Brilliance

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

Those pets and shit actually absorb Poison Bolts?

We had hunters send in their pets, I combat logged the attempt, and I didn't see one pet ever get hit by a Poison Bolt. They were absorbing Wyvern Stings and Noxious Poisons, but the 2.5k poison bolts never touched them. I figured it would be the same with pets like the Barov Peasant Caller and the dog whistle from DM.

No, they dont eat the bolts, but they do eat a Wyv Sting (Which rapes sub 30%)

#20 phixion

phixion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:17 PM

Edit* Brilliance beat me to it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users