Photo

Guild Progression - Questions, Concerns...

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

• Moderators
  • 9,107 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

I think that's part of our problem - in some sense we split the line between "casual fun happy guild" and "progression-oriented raiding guild".

The search can be just as aggravating from the outside - trying to find a guild of like-minded people is hard to gauge when "progress" is just as much a matter of when you started as how hard you've been trying. To borrow a phrase from the R&D forums, the attitude I seem to encounter everywhere is: "We want to work in a coordinated fashion to down difficult content and reap the rewards, but... not too hard."
Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

#82 Ashuko

Ashuko

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

I think that's part of our problem - in some sense we split the line between "casual fun happy guild" and "progression-oriented raiding guild".

The search can be just as aggravating from the outside - trying to find a guild of like-minded people is hard to gauge when "progress" is just as much a matter of when you started as how hard you've been trying. To borrow a phrase from the R&D forums, the attitude I seem to encounter everywhere is: "We want to work in a coordinated fashion to down difficult content and reap the rewards, but... not too hard."

Exactly.

#83 Oaken

Oaken

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

Nope, in fact it gets worse. Just wait until AQ40 or Naxxramas when you have to cope with "token" items to get your set pieces (and tokens can be used by multiple classes). There was a lot of discussion on this site in another thread about what various guilds were doing to cope with the cross class loot. I won't rehash the conversation, but it's worth looking at.

Maybe I missed it in that conversation.

Token drops and the DKP dilemma

Yeah, I read the thread. It was the question of prioritizing tokens that I was curious about and didn't see.

For example, lots of people arguing here about priority on weapons to Rogues vs. Fury Warriors. Was wondering if the converse was being discussed: a Rogue should never get a token over a prot-spec'd MT.

#84 Ultramax

Ultramax

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

For example, lots of people arguing here about priority on weapons to Rogues vs. Fury Warriors. Was wondering if the converse was being discussed: a Rogue should never get a token over a prot-spec'd MT.

No. I haven't seen all the fights in Naxx but most of the ones I have you'd be as well off giving the set piece to a rogue or warrior. While a single well equiped tank will make some fights easier more damage will universally make everything easier.

#85 Bigman397

Bigman397

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

its the raid as a whole that matters, which is why equal loot distribution is a must. A few exceptionally well equipped characters aren't going to win a fight, a decently equipped raid will.

Instead of looking at purely class priority, tkae a loot at the amount of an upgrade it is. If the rogue is going to use the item and get a lot more of an upgrade from it... why not give it to him/her/it?

if your DKP system is working, then you should let it do its thing. Messing with class priority on items is only going to mess with the stability and validity of any DKP system you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users