Photo

Zerack's DK Gear Optimizer v2.6.9 (03-MAR-2010)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#201 Zerack

Zerack

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

Edit: It didn't went over 71,7% (again). I did some Arp tests then. I can't get the optimizer to use any Str gems in combination with Arp gems. It's either all Arp or all Str.

I'm quite confused, as every test I run with Bold / Fractured both selected shows some of both if it is hovering around the cap. Mind pasting your settings in here so I can try to replicate? I've tried over and over to get it to gem over the cap and I just can't get it to do it.

Just to double check everything I started over from scratch, entered my stats into Kahorie's DK Sim, got new EP numbers, punched them into the optimizer. Still getting 1295 ArP. Calculation took exactly 1min30sec to complete. Here's the contents of my DKO file.

I tracked down your issue. Several posts (a page or so?) ago I mentioned that in making Jewelcrafting choose ArP gems if ArP > Str, that it would potentially go over the cap since the Jewelcrafting is dumb. When I turned off Jewelcrafting you are just under the cap. I'd recommend just subbing out a few ArP gems manually, as adding the Jewelcrafting things to the mix at this point is a bad idea for complexity.

Regardless, though it's sort of a deceptive behavior, it is also working as intended ™.

#202 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

When I do my setup from scratch it works. Must be some old option or the jewelcrafting you just mentioned.
Pastey.net - paste bin

#203 Prejac

Prejac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

I tracked down your issue. Several posts (a page or so?) ago I mentioned that in making Jewelcrafting choose ArP gems if ArP > Str, that it would potentially go over the cap since the Jewelcrafting is dumb. When I turned off Jewelcrafting you are just under the cap. I'd recommend just subbing out a few ArP gems manually, as adding the Jewelcrafting things to the mix at this point is a bad idea for complexity.

I apologize for not seeing this. In my case I could just swap a Fractured jewelcrafting gem for a Bold and be 1 ArP over cap. I figured that much before finding all this out, just didn't know that choosing JC as a profession was causing the issues, thanks.

#204 Malkinere

Malkinere

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Just got a warning for asking stupid questions, wheres the tutorial?

#205 bigcritz

bigcritz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

There isn't any tier 9 that I can see, and when trying to create custom items or items that exist but aren't listed, It doesn't save them.

#206 keLston

keLston

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Just got a warning for asking stupid questions, wheres the tutorial?

What sort of tutorial are you looking for? It's a fairly straightforward utility. You put a check mark next to the items you have/are trying to compare for every slot. Select the options + gems and then Calculate.

There isn't any tier 9 that I can see, and when trying to create custom items or items that exist but aren't listed, It doesn't save them.

All the items are Horde items so if you're looking for the T9 you want to pick the Horde equivalent (Kotira's).

#207 Dohram

Dohram

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

I am a dual wield frost Death Knight. When I select both Bloodvenom Blade and Frost Giant's Cleaver under the 1H Weapon section of your wonderful optimizer I get one problem. After I hit calculate it picks and displays two bloodvenom blades and it gem, enchants accordingly.

How can I get it to display my best set of gear with the weapons I have ? As I do not currently have two Bloodvenom Blades.

Thank you in advance and I did as best as I could on the Grammar

#208 mebizzle

mebizzle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

I am a dual wield frost Death Knight. When I select both Bloodvenom Blade and Frost Giant's Cleaver under the 1H Weapon section of your wonderful optimizer I get one problem. After I hit calculate it picks and displays two bloodvenom blades and it gem, enchants accordingly.

How can I get it to display my best set of gear with the weapons I have ? As I do not currently have two Bloodvenom Blades.

Thank you in advance and I did as best as I could on the Grammar

Go into the master item list and change Bloodvenom Blade to unique until such a time you can obtain a second (I had the same problem)

#209 Guest_advocate70_*

Guest_advocate70_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

Is the gear optimizer going to be updated for Ruby Sanctum gear?

#210 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

Is the gear optimizer going to be updated for Ruby Sanctum gear?

You can easily add those three items yourself.

#211 Rivalry

Rivalry

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

I apologize if I'm missing something painfully obvious here, but I keep getting the following error when trying to launch the application:

'An unspecified error occurred while loading weights. Please reinstall DK Optimize.'

I've reinstalled it several times, as well as gone fishing throughout my PC, even reg edit to completely remove everything but with a fresh install I keep getting the same error. The application was working fine for a long time before this. If anyone has a solution for this I'll be extremely grateful. Thanks.

#212 Choice

Choice

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

Is it possible to add in a toggle for ARP hard cap like there is for Hit and Exp?

As a blood DK I want to hit the ARP hard cap and it is easy to do with gems and gear. However, once I hit that I want absolutely no more ARP and I start gemming for Str at that point.

When I sim with stat weights of ARP, Str, and Exp fairly even, but descending in that order, I can get right about to the ARP cap give or take a few points. When my ARP stat weight goes way above my Str stat weight then I can get a sim where I am told to stack ARP way over cap, like 300 points of ARP or more while at the same time the gear is filled with

It would be awesome if we could have a check box for ARP hard cap so that when the sim reaches that cap with gear and gems it would then take the 2nd highest stat (should be Str) and gems for that.

#213 Guest_Afabar_*

Guest_Afabar_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

This feature already exists. You have to make sure that you have set "Armor Penetration(Talents)" to 10% for blood and it won't make you gem ArP past the cap.

#214 Choice

Choice

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

After going through about 10 sims with Kahorie's and Zerak's I'm still getting over the Arp cap I still can't get a gear set with both Str gems and Arp gems. It does give me a set with Arp and Exp gems, or a set with Str and Exp gems.

These are the stat weights I was using from Kahorie's.

EP AttackPower | 1 (0.84 DPS/per AP)
EP Strength | 2.79
EP Agility | 1.81
EP CritRating | 2.43
EP HasteEstimated | 2.21
EP HasteRating1 | 2.93
EP ArmorPenetrationRating | 3.81
EP ExpertiseRating | 3.38
Personal Expertise value | 0
BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% | 4.39
EP SpellHitRating | 0.6
EP WeaponDPS | 10.24
EP WeaponSpeed | 535.71
EP 2T9 | 146.25
EP 4T9 | 276.25
EP 2T10 | 303.75
EP 4T10 | 413.75
| Template | Blood 51-00-20
| Priority | Blood
| Presence | Blood
| Sigil | HangedMan
| RuneEnchant | FallenCrusader /
| Pet Calculation | True

This is the stats I got out of Zerak's.

Total Stats
-----------
Strength: 1592
Attack Power: 807
Crit Rating: 1073
Haste Rating: 23
ArP Rating: 1459
Agility: 351
Armor: 14808

Melee Hit %: 100%
Spell Hit %: 100%
Hit Rating: 282
Expertise: 28
Exp Rating: 189
Dodge Chance: 0%

Total Score: 21168.66

I chose t10 on head, chest, shoulders, and gloves. on all other slots I chose multiple choices so Zerak's had plenty to decide from. With gems I chose Str, Arp, Exp, Hit, and Nightmare tear with R.E.D as the meta.

I do have the "Armor Penetration(Talents)" set to 10% so I should never be getting above 1262 Arp seeing as that is the Arp cap for blood at 90%

I have race=Orc, BS and Ins as professions, spell hit (talents) set to 3%, expertise (talents) set to 0, force t10 4pc, mele hit cap, exp cap, and 2h wep as settings at the bottom.

Am I doing something wrong here? The hit and the Exp ratings seem to be right about the same every time and right at the cap if sometimes a little over. The Arp is always all over the place and Zerak's never gives me any Str gems if the Arp stat weight is higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users