Photo

[Alliance] [Dragonblight] <Deus ex Crux> seeks you!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thelyna

Thelyna

I park my feet under my desk.

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

What's this? An Oceanic posting about a US server.

Yes, it's true. Deus ex Crux is an Oceanic guild that plays on the US server Dragonblight. This means you get the best of both worlds - no lag, no competition for herbing/mining/dailies, and an awesome AH. There are a number of Oceanic guilds on Dragonblight so there is also plenty of room for PUGging should you desire.

Raid times are 6:00 - 10:00pm W/Th/Su/M AEST/ADST (GMT+10/11) We are very happy to include server transfers

About Us
Deus ex Crux has core players who have played WoW for 4 years, many of those together. We have been actively raiding since Molten Core, and in TBC cleared Sunwell to M'uru pre-nerf, then M'uru/KJ post-nerf. We're a "mature" guild, in that many of us have families, but the main feature is that we are respectful of our guildmates and treat raiding as a game, but a serious game.

We finished TBC as a world top 500 guild. Not bad for a bunch of Aussies/Kiwis and random Septics living on a PvE server. Our skill is equal to any in the world, our opportunity and more casual approach to raiding makes raiding with DeC less stressful - and a much better experience for many players looking at finishing the content, but at a more appropriate pace.

We cleared all of 25 man Naxx in the first week we started raiding again. On the off nights we have 3-4 groups of 10-mans (not guild organised, includes family and friends). There is heroics and a growing core of PvPers.

We have a number of very active theorycrafters in the guild, so expect to be able to play with some of the more scientific players in WoW.

Progress
11/12 ICC HM.

(10-mans are not formally guild organised, but they typically happen on Friday/Saturday nights or after raids.)

About You
We expect you to be mature, capable player who enjoys the social side of the game as much as the raiding side. We need you to have a sense of humour, tolerate the occasional bawdy jokes and swearing. You need to be constantly trying to improve your play, and that of your guildmates, and be able to take appropriate criticism on performance as a guide to improvement, not as some personal threat to your manliness (or girliness). Guild chat is not PG, but neither is it X-rated, and any intolerance shown towards groups will rapidly result in a gkick.

What are we looking for
At this time Deus Ex Crux is seeking applications for Cataclysm.

We've stopped formal raiding for now, but good applications will be invited to the guild on a F&F basis, to start a trial when we start raiding in Cataclysm.

As a consequence of this, specific class/gear requirements are gone for now, however you also still must be able to spell and communicate coherently.

How we raid
We have a bench, and all players will be expected to form part of that and rotate as required. However, we don't recruit backups, once you're out of trial and are adequately geared you're in the mix with everyone else. We do need all players to maintain a 75% availability, which gives people time off for real life - which is strongly encouraged. We have a Loot Council for loot allocation, which has been going since AQ40 with significant success.

You should be passingly familiar with all facets of your class and willing to play whatever's needed for the raid to succeed, although we do take people's preferences/gear/ability into account as much as possible when setting up the raid for any given encounter.

How to apply

If you are interested, then please visit our recruitment forum at Crux: The Forums.

If more information is required, then please contact me via PM here, or create a lvl1 alt on Dragonblight and contact me or another officer (Aranya, Gerias, Liraelly, Mengtzu) in game.

The other day I accidentally a fire ball 10 feet high.

#2 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:22 AM

Updated with recruitment needs.

#3 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

Updated again. Still looking to fill out the roster a bit more, pretty much any class/role can slot in (with the possible exception of tanks, but even then for the right candidate we can make an exception).

#4 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Bumped again. Chasing warrior/warlock, plus a competent rogue.

#5 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

Warlock/warrior still desired.

Also if you can heal while not standing in fire, we need to talk.

#6 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Still chasing a DPS Warrior + healers. Our DPS warrior is quitting to focus on school, so we need someone to step into the role.

#7 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

Once more on the merry-go-round. We're seeking a couple more people to round out the roster. Class isn't supremely important, we just need you to be able to hit the ground running.

#8 Thelyna

Thelyna

•  Patrons
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

We've stopped formal raiding for now, but if you're interested we're still looking for a couple more to cover end-of-expansion burnout.

#9 Memento

Memento

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:55 AM

Apparently there have been no posts in any of the Oceanic threads within the last 30 days. Posting in this thread so people can see it when they open this forum with the standard settings on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users