#41 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:15 PM

Should be fixed now. Care to test? =)
Changed cell B/C 141.

Edit: Other than that, how are people liking it? Lots of views, not so many comments :P
Look, Lactose, we'd rather you didn't eradicate the whole human race.
- Sam & Max

#42 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

can you do the kiss of the spider vs slayer's crest math with full CS/slavemaker/etc ? :-P

trying to figure out if i should steal the next kiss or hold out for the crest :)

#43 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

http://ctprofiles.net/160297
Would using that gear be fine? (Swap other trinket to..?)
Guessing you mean having 1 equipped all the time, using when possible and figuring out the average damage gains?
- Sam & Max

#44 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

Should be fixed now. Care to test? =)
Changed cell B/C 141.

Edit: Other than that, how are people liking it? Lots of views, not so many comments :P

seems to match screenshotted values for buffed alliance MM and LR hunters now thanks :P

comments? i like it, still trying to wrap my head around doing clipped rots with a rhok instead of my huhu, and why new evidence implies this is necessary, but that's a different thread :P

I've been meaning to ask, could you explain your calculation of the "1% crit == X RAP" value? Does that take into account the amount of DPS X adds to all shots on a cycle, or just the amount of DPS X adds to autoshots? I had a spreadsheet of my own a while back that did the former, and I couldn't see anything wrong with the equation i derived, but it produced shockingly low values (of the order of 1% crit adds the same damage to a full rotation as 6 RAP does). Whereas if I calculated how much RAP is needed to increase autoshot DPS (ie X/14) to equal the DPS increase of a full cycle from 1% crit, I got values similar to yours (~30 RAP to 1% crit).

#45 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

I just do the same cycle calculations, adding 1% crit, 1 agility (converted to RAP and crit based on buffs and talents), and 1 RAP. Then I get the damage gained from this compared to the standard cycles, and compare them each other.
I guess I should explain it like...
Adding 1% crit would give the same damage boost per cycle as adding X agi or Y RAP.
- Sam & Max

#46 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

http://ctprofiles.net/160297
Would using that gear be fine? (Swap other trinket to..?)
Guessing you mean having 1 equipped all the time, using when possible and figuring out the average damage gains?

yeah, i generally mean using 1 all the time with DFT. both of them may be possible eventually, but one or other for the time being :)

#47 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

ah, thanks. Your values certainly seem correct since plugging in the +RAP gives the same final DPS as plugging in +1% crit. Still brainfarting on where I went wrong in balancing my own equation :(

#48 Fayrn

Fayrn

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

This spreadsheet has been incredibly useful to me, but there is one minor feature that I would like to see added...

Could you possibly add a +4% damage to multi-shot bonus (available on the "new" rare and epic PvP set gloves)? I realize that messing with the value for the Giantstalker bonus would have the same effect, but I'm having trouble finding/editing the formulae to reflect that change properly.

Thanks in advance!
EVE: Fay Ruen / Jay Leth

she's so pretty but she doesn't always act that way
her mood's out swingin' on the swingset almost every day

#49 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Fayrn, he's already working on getting the PvP glove bonus worked in.

#50 Sarana

Sarana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hm, the way i calculate the pvp gloves is pretty simple. Since you can not get 8 pc GS and pvp glove at the same time, you can just change the GS bonus to .04. But it is possible that the bonuses are calculated differently... I'm no math expert :*(

#51 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:33 PM

Update 29.08: PvP gloves bonus added.
Will start working on a new Improved Aspect of the Hawk soon.

Elendril
Going to try and compare the trinkets now, sorry for the delay.
- Sam & Max

#52 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:35 PM

Update 29.08: PvP gloves bonus added.
Will start working on a new Improved Aspect of the Hawk soon.

Elendril
Going to try and compare the trinkets now, sorry for the delay.

#53 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

Stats with Kiss of the Spider (slightly buffed here :P):
1800 RAP
29% ranged crit
Nerubian Slavemaker
MM Spec
Maxed out hit

Before armor...
735 DPS while active
673 DPS while on cooldown
680 DPS average in 2 minutes (cooldown time)

Swap to Slayer's Crest
727 DPS while active
678 DPS while on cooldown
686 DPS average in 2 minutes (assumed cooldown time, anyone have better info?)

If you drop to 8% hit with Slayer's Crest
724 DPS while active
675 DPS while on cooldown
683 DPS average in 2 minutes (again, assumed cooldown time)

Please note that Kiss of the Spider might turn out differently once I change my IaotH formula --> haste effects ftw.
It's 2:30 AM right now, so I kinda doubt I'll finish it tonight, but we'll see...
- Sam & Max

#54 Moridin

Moridin

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:13 AM

And with kiss and slayer over 2 min period? (especially if you can activate both at once) (I checked for any comment on this before but its late and I can have missed it, if so sorry).
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,
Look on my Works ye Mighty, and despair!

#55 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:39 AM

Same as above, with 1850 RAP before trinkets activated...

689 DPS with no trinkets active
754 DPS with Kiss of the Spider active
739 DPS with Slayer's Crest active
810 DPS with both active (if possible)

If both can't be used at the same time:
705 DPS average in 2 minutes (Kiss of the Spider active for 15 seconds, Slayer's Crest active for 20 seconds, none active for the remaining 85 seconds)

If both can be used at the same time:
706 DPS average in 2 minutes (both active for 15 seconds, Slayer's Crest active alone for 5 seconds, none active for the remaining 100 seconds)

Again, different Improved Aspect of the Hawk formula might change this around.
- Sam & Max

#56 blindworld

blindworld

King Hippo

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:11 PM

One question. At the top, it asks for your melee crit %. Having just hit 60 with my hunter, I don't have 300 skill on all my melee weapons like I do on my ranged. Does this value assume 300 melee skill, or does your melee skill actually affect your ranged crit %?

At the moment i'm using two green lvl 50 swords that'd i'd love to upgrade, but if melee skill is that large of a factor to range dps, I might buy some white weapons to skill up the rest so i'm ready when an upgrade drops.

Overall the spreadsheet looks great. I haven't played the class long enough to get into the theorycrafting part myself, so I can only assume your formulas are correct, and with that being the case this will be a huge help as I'm actually thinking of starting to raid with the hunter.

#57 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

The value assumes 300 melee skill; melee weapon skill has no influence on ranged damage in any form.
I should probably try and change that... but I've got so much stuff I have to do, that you'd be at 300 with every weapon way before I would find the time, I think :P
As a workaround, you could just write in for example
=15+27*0.04
If you have 15% melee crit rate, at 273 (300-27) weapon skill; swapping 15 and 27 with appropriate numbers.
- Sam & Max

#58 Vec

Vec

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

This is a great spreadsheet that has helped me decide between different items to equip. I think I may have found one problem, although maybe I'm not doing something correctly. I think it has to do with the Stat Modifier (BoK) buff.

With my gear and the normal alliance buffs, the spreadsheet shows that QSR (1% crit, 30ap) is slightly better than CoAP (22agi). The problem is when I use the [In terms of damage gained per cycle] section, (directly compares crit, agi, and ap with your stats, for example: 1% crit is worth about 12agi for me), I calculated that the opposite was true and (22agi) was better than (1% crit, 30ap). I think this may have to do with the BoK buff on your spreadsheet. I'm not sure, maybe I'm just forgetting something :(

Oh, and I'm 5/31/15 spec if that helps at all.

#59 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

That sounds right, as you'd need over 2500 RAP for 10 agi to be better than 30 AP. What's it listing for agi vs. RAP for you?

#60 Vec

Vec

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

The thing you need to remember is with BoK you wouldn't need that much rap. My agi vs rap is 2.89rap/agi with buffs, and 2.60rap/agi without buffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users