• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#21 SHADOWPRIEST

SHADOWPRIEST

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:21 AM

Umm. As far as I know he's not. IIRC Werebeef is? Not sure though. I think Gurgthock is just their raid leader. Kinda a similar situation in my guild. I was reaid leader, a friend was guild leader.

you mean Lord Beef?

#22 Kasi

Kasi

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

Well Lord Beef on the forums, Werebeef in game.

#23 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

Yeah. As official titles go, Beef is GL and Gurg is RL.

How they were chosen? I think Beef was the last one to have lead in beta (it switched hands numerous times) so he ended up with it for release. That and he's a great guy with a level head and no one had a problem with him taking the spot. For RL, we asked for volunteers and Gurg...volunteered. He was perfect for the spot as well, being all obesessive and crazy about tactics and strategies. Plus he has an enormous amount of dedication, always making sure raids run smoothly.

EJ is very lucky to have both.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#24 Deathwing

Deathwing

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:44 AM

Hmmm, you guys should fix your ctprofile guild page. It says that whaskly wodin is guild master.

#25 Mist

Mist

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

How about Alliance guilds wishing to transfer to Mal'ganis? Mine seriously was considering it. We're very PvP active, pretty small for a raiding guild, and progressing well in Naxx. Any suggestions?

I thought you guys were on the new high capacity hardware. Are you seriously getting queues and lag?

#26 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:46 AM

Hmmm, you guys should fix your ctprofile guild page. It says that whaskly wodin is guild master.

I was the only EJ in the ctprofiles beta, so I made the guild and we've been too lazy to change it.

Edit: we have a bunch of new alliance who are already complaining about non-instant queues, so that attraction is gone. We had a login queue last night, but that may have been unrelated to actual server population. No lag yet.

#27 Mist

Mist

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:43 AM

What about other aspects of the server? Instant BG queues aren't a necessity, used to waiting 10-15 minutes for gulch on Warsong which is considered very pvp active.

#28 DeeNogger

DeeNogger

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

I have 1 request before EJ leaves MG (if the rumors are true)...

i want to see that special epic bug mount!! i have never seen it!

#29 Bad Luck

Bad Luck

ffffff

• Moderators
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:38 AM

what

#30 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:01 AM

We're totally leaving Mal'Ganis. The internet said so.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#31 Falcon24

Falcon24

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:01 AM

what

We were hoping you wouldn't find out and you'd log on to an empty guildchat

#32 Thorim

Thorim

Doesn't Taunt

• Allied Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:59 AM

Edit: we have a bunch of new alliance who are already complaining about non-instant queues, so that attraction is gone. We had a login queue last night, but that may have been unrelated to actual server population. No lag yet.

Mal'ganis had a login Queue tonight as well during primetime.
Posted Image

#33 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, I think it's no coincidence that the queues happened to come at the same time as gamewide server/network instability last night. I'd certainly hope that Blizzard would close transfers to a server long before it actually reached the point of login queues.

Good luck with that.
We had queues of over 1000 immediately after our server transfer finished.
To err is human

#34 jubelio

jubelio

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, I think it's no coincidence that the queues happened to come at the same time as gamewide server/network instability last night. I'd certainly hope that Blizzard would close transfers to a server long before it actually reached the point of login queues.

Good luck with that.
We had queues of over 1000 immediately after our server transfer finished.

The grass is always greener, isnt it?

#35 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

The grass is always greener, isnt it?

We left an extremely old server, EU Burning blade was a closed beta server and frankly was falling to bits.
It was originally a 600queue but we had TWO outgoing migrations that pushed the population down to the point where we didnt have queues. Unfortunately we noticed that even with no queues the server would lag and crash incessantly, it could take up to 15 minutes to retrieve an item from the mail box even at midnight and no queue, it was very comman for more than half of a raid to crash on entering the tunnel from Huhuran to Fankriss as well.

Essentially the hardware was completely borked so on the third migration the entire population left lock stock and barrel to a new server and new hardware. When I say everyone left I mean there were 8 people in IF at primetime immediately following the migration, every single guild capable of runnning 20 or 40man instances left. Blizzard were given warning of this, infact there were several posts on the realm and the generalm forum of the EU Blizard forums, and despite repeated warnings time and time again they still acted suprized when they had to close the migrations a day early with queues at over 1000.

The really sad thing was that, even with a queue of 1000, the new server ran 100times better than the old server.

Given that blizzard cant manage to control migrations even given weeks of advance warning, I would not hold my breath over them limiting migrations to popular servers until far too late.
To err is human

#36 Maniq

Maniq

Doesn't really think you're awesome - Sorry.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

what

You didn't get the memo?

Our Guild Leader, Ailideon, said he had given it to everyone who was going to come with u...... oh.

#37 Spartacus

Spartacus

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:12 PM

what

You didn't get the memo?

Our Guild Leader, Ailideon said he had given it to everyone who was going to come with u...... oh.

Maybe she just couldn't read it.

#38 jubelio

jubelio

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

nm

#39 Falcon24

Falcon24

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

You guys are slow, I already made that joke.

#40 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

sargeras is now seeing ever growing queues each day now also. Does anyone know if they are going to continue with free transfers or will this be the only way to get off of servers with 30 minute log in queues?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users