• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 SHADOWPRIEST

SHADOWPRIEST

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

We just started working at Naxx and I we are having no issues clearing upto Instructor or clearing trash involving ghouls and slimes.. but the spider trash is just insane.. how many deaths do you guys have with those trash? is it even possible to avoid deaths to those?

#2 Brissa

Brissa

Not enough rage

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:52 PM

We got our ass handed to us completely on the first pull but it quickly got fairly easy.
Just make sure the big one is far from the raid and that you tank the middle ones against a wall and you should be set.

#3 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

I have no experience with naxx yet(hopefully soon) but my experience with blizzard trash in instances is it tends to be able to take the raid out quick if you dont do stuff flawlessly. Some nights in MC we still can lose 5 or 6 people the lava packs. I have learned over time to always respect the trash in instances.
Posted Image

#4 Kalince

Kalince

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

The big spiders are Lava Surgers with a splash poison at the end of the surge with no knockback

#5 SHADOWPRIEST

SHADOWPRIEST

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

We haven't tried a hunter pull on the spider trash yet, but anytime a warrior pulls its instadeath for him/her most of the times :/

#6 Falcon24

Falcon24

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

Protip for small spider packs: Have Priests spam Holy Nova on them since it is 0 aggro. Also if your mages have subtlety talents and a Fetish of the Sandreaver, make them pop that since then they can AoE without causing any threat. Otherwise mages should not AoE the small packs unless they want to die in .5 seconds

For the larger pulls, yell at your mages if they aren't mashing their decurse button

#7 ex-sheepy

ex-sheepy

Eminent Archon

• Guild Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

I have no experience with naxx yet(hopefully soon) but my experience with blizzard trash in instances is it tends to be able to take the raid out quick if you dont do stuff flawlessly. Some nights in MC we still can lose 5 or 6 people the lava packs. I have learned over time to always respect the trash in instances.

How do you still get by with shitty posts like this?
Posted Image

#8 chalon

chalon

Founder of the Chalonverse

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:16 PM

It is possible to do those pulls flawlessly without deaths, just have to make sure you cure the poison ASAP when it lands, kill the Venom Stalkers first, and keep up with the decursing. Once the Venom Stalker dies, the pull becomes much easier.

#9 Zalera

Zalera

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

As long as people are on the ball they really shouldn't be that much of a problem - priority decursing tanks on the big spider pulls, and on the little ones we just sacrifice our gnome mages with aoe death when Blessing of Protection isn't up :( There's really no reason to wipe to either one of them, the little ones appear low in the hp and the big ones are definitely healable through, as long as people are decursing asap.

#10 hamlet_the_lesser

hamlet_the_lesser

King Hippo

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

How do you still get by with shitty posts like this?

Talent I suppose. That and 4 hours of sleep combined with sitting in front of a computer all day long is not good for me.
Posted Image

#11 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

I don't know if it's only the primary person who gets killed by the GETOVERHERE (ala scorpion in MK) move the spiders do, but for some reason I'm able to run out of those. I get pulled for about 5 feet, then its over before I get eaten. I'll have to pay attention to see if it's b/c I'm getting cleansed. The best thing about those pulls was the first one, listening to our hunters cries in vent.

#12 McInaction

McInaction

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

LOS the big green spider around the corner, kill dread creepers first ASAP and decurse that viel. Point spinners to the wall. once they are all done go kill the big green one around the corner.

For the small packs assign a tank or druid to each one then range aoe blizzard/helfire ect.. treat it like slimes in abomination.

If you need a shot macro to hold your hand then you are probably on the wrong forums.

#13 Calim

Calim

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

We haven't tried a hunter pull on the spider trash yet, but anytime a warrior pulls its instadeath for him/her most of the times :/

Hunter pulls are entertaing. :)

We were screwing around with less then a full raid in naxx. Our puller gets to the bottom of the ramp, picks out his target, one of the 'mid sized' spiders, and shoots. The spider takes about 2 steps towards him, as he's trying to run away and of course he gets webbed and pullled back. Feign death was resisted, dorf death wasn't. Next thing he says on vent is, "I think I might try a pet pull next time"

We still managed to clear a couple of those packs with quite a few deaths.

#14 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

The trash in Naxx is perfect... its not too hard individually like AQ - not tedious like AQ - not too many pulls like in AQ... and its not in silithus. You die here and there learning it - but you learn it and its not going to require massive strat to pull off. Fuck AQ.

#15 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

AQ trash is fine. They just need to take out one Nullifier pack, 2 *slayer packs from the hallway, and one *slayer pack between Ouro and C'Thun.

#16 Sunder

Sunder

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

For the spider pulls, we basically do what has been described here. However, this is why I love the EJ boards: The diversity. We have always been fine in the spider wing pulling and killing trash. The Abom wing on the other hand? OMFG do those slimes suck ass. :)

#17 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

AQ trash is fine. They just need to take out one Nullifier pack, 2 *slayer packs from the hallway, and one *slayer pack between Ouro and C'Thun.

Isn't that kind of under the definition of "not fine" when you remove a quarter of the trash in one section.

To be honest, don't you think they could also lose 1-2 defenders, and actually 3 slayer packs, and 2 nullfier packs in total?

I don't accept the logic behind overly difficult trash. Its not fun, its not a bragging point... I know what the argument for it is... but AQ is hated by thousands of people for a reason now. Naxx trash is perfect IMO (other than the broodlord respawn/zerg nonsense after Noth... yech).

#18 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

Isn't that kind of under the definition of "not fine" when you remove a quarter of the trash in one section.

To be honest, don't you think they could also lose 1-2 defenders, and actually 3 slayer packs, and 2 nullfier packs in total?

I don't accept the logic behind overly difficult trash. Its not fun, its not a bragging point... I know what the argument for it is... but AQ is hated by thousands of people for a reason now. Naxx trash is perfect IMO (other than the broodlord respawn/zerg nonsense after Noth... yech).

the trash isn't that hard. there's just too much of it.

#19 Thrillho

Thrillho

judo chop

• Guild Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

Naxx trash is perfect IMO (other than the broodlord respawn/zerg nonsense after Noth... yech).

The Heigan clear is like 5 minutes. It's worlds better than the Broodlord clear was when we were starting BWL.

#20 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

Basically, if I can get from Boss A to Boss B in 15 minutes or less once I know what I'm doing, I think it's OK. If it takes more than 15 minutes I get irritated. If it's more than 30 minutes (sup post-Emps trash) then it's shitty design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users