• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

In the end time is everything for sure...

#22 springwheat

springwheat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:22 PM

For the Infectious Skitterers, we have a warrior group taunt them and _try_ to get everyone else to single target the loose ones. Mages without Ice Block/invulnerability pots have a penchant for AOE here, the result of which is predictable.

For all the other spiders, mages/druids decursing players affected by the healing debuff and druids/paladins/shaman cleansing the poison dot should make the pulls mostly trivial for you.

We use a hunter pet to pull the larger packs in order to avoid losing a hunter to the web-spit-snare-portal.

#23 TheRealJon

TheRealJon

Amazing Racist!

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

Basically, if I can get from Boss A to Boss B in 15 minutes or less once I know what I'm doing, I think it's OK. If it takes more than 15 minutes I get irritated. If it's more than 30 minutes (sup post-Emps trash) then it's shitty design.

That amount of trash after the Emps I believe would be a little more acceptable if there were more than two bosses to look forward to after those pulls. BWL has a nice long string of pulls between Firemaw and Ebonroc, however after that you got 4 bosses in a row with one small trash pull before Chromaggus. Nowadays those pulls aren't bad, but back in the day it was tedious.

Though, looking at the design of that hallway up to C'thun it is so wide, it almost seems when they were planning out the instance another boss was maybe planned to be put in that big round room before the big last stretch before C'thun.

If I had it my way I would go the way Gurg says removing those mobs and adding a Flamegor-esque boss that you would have to kill before going to C'thun. I think that would make the instance more bearable by people. I know a lot of people in my guild hate the instance and it makes me sad cause I love it despite its trash mob issues.

#24 Phon

Phon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:35 PM

For the "multipacks" we have three tanks charge and tank the "get over heres!" and the poison spitters and have two hunters shoot the cursing ones. The cursing ones are amazingly easy to kite without any real fear of dying. We pull them out and kite them in a circle in a previously cleared room. (or even the entrance circle)

#25 Phanuel

Phanuel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

Isn't the giant green spider's poison volley triggered by it charging? Just dogpile on the spider pack and have the decursers spam decurse until the green spider and the purple spiders are dead.

#26 Dozer

Dozer

I know a dead parrot when I see one

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

Random aside: was anyone else dissapointed the first time they killed the Emps and the scarab design on the middle of the floor didn't turn into a huge elevator down to C'thun? With just Ouro through that exit door? That would have Sooooooooooooo cool.

#27 Creediki

Creediki

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:47 PM

The little bugs in the spider wing are not bad as long as they aren't all on 1 person. Just split them up.. hunters, paladins, shamans, warriors all can tank. Have everyone plunk a bit then drop the ae's. Priest Holy Nova can heal the damage.
*** Who Dares Wins ***
"The noblest fate that a man can endure is to place his own mortal body between his loved home and the war's desolation." - Heinlein
"Come and take them!�*" - Leonidas

#28 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

we found on the spitters that upon pulling, the poison volley is directed at one person just like the lava surgers will charge to one person over and over again.

Fun trick is to put that person out of line of sight. The poison volley fails. (He turns and does the shooting animation, but nothing happens).

Go go poor scripting!

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#29 Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle

Take what ye can;

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

uhm... the big green ones charge the farthest person from them that is still on their aggro list. The lasso spiders do the same with their web. You can limit these abilities with LoS; they'll target the farthest person for a half second, do nothing, then turn back to their tank.

The skitterers, we do that a bit different. We get a tank to put whatever thorn-like trinkets he has on (and druid thorns), get him to pull un-PW:shielded (to get rage). Have every single healer use small heals on him so that no one healer has high aggro, then after enough time for about 8 to 10 demo shouts, put out some light AE from the mages/hunters/locks. In about 15 seconds they'll all be dead with noone taking any damage but the warrior.
/ 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \

#30 Creediki

Creediki

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

Lava surgers allways surge the person farthest away but not farther than x.
*** Who Dares Wins ***
"The noblest fate that a man can endure is to place his own mortal body between his loved home and the war's desolation." - Heinlein
"Come and take them!�*" - Leonidas

#31 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

uhm... the big green ones charge the farthest person from them that is still on their aggro list. The lasso spiders do the same. You can limit these abilities with LoS; they'll target the farthest person for a half second, do nothing, then turn back to their tank.

The skitterers, we do that a bit different. We get a tank to put whatever thorn-like trinkets he has on (and druid thorns), get him to pull un-PW:shielded (to get rage). Have every single healer use small heals on him so that no one healer has high aggro, then after enough time for about 8 to 10 demo shouts, put out some light AE from the mages/hunters/locks. In about 15 seconds they'll all be dead with noone taking any damage but the warrior.

Three words: Force Reactive Disk

#32 Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle

Take what ye can;

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

That'll speed it up ^^
/ 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \

#33 Yojimboo

Yojimboo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

Thorns/Essence of Pure Shit/Force Reactive Disk...Oh god I'm going to be paying repair bills....

#34 Moridin

Moridin

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:37 PM

edited to say: Delete me.
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,
Look on my Works ye Mighty, and despair!

#35 Oneeye

Oneeye

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:08 AM

We had a string one night where the small patrolling spiders would be split up when we pulled them. Needless to say, they are chained, and the rest of their friends waiting across the room brought more friends and well... you get the idea.

#36 Kalince

Kalince

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

Every time we do double gargoyle packs it makes me extremely nervous and I hate them for it. This might also have to do with the fact that on what was going to be our first Noth kill the patrolling gargoyle respawned, flew through the slime wall and proceeded to AE us all down. There were so many spits on that gargoyle when we cleared back.

#37 selece

selece

King Hippo

•  Patrons
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

LOS pull / pet pull the spider packs. Usually we kill the Venom Stalkers first (nasty green big ones with the 2500/tick poison charge DOT), then followed by the healing curse ones. We usually leave the Scorpion-esque ones until last, since all they do is move people around. Slightly disorientating, but not deadly.

#38 Tuco

Tuco

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

Naxx trash so far is okay. I think good trash mob ideas are ones that can wipe your raid when you learn it, but once you have it down you can clear it quickly and semi-reliably. Mobs like the gargoyles are a good example. First time to get to Noth was long and hard, but now it's cake to get there.

I'm glad to not have found any Anubisath Defenders, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet on those kinds of mob.

The trash after Faerlina is a bit monotonous, if not long or difficult. I'm kind of dissapointed they wasted all that instance room to have what looked like mismatched mobs there.

If I could design trash I would design fights that were quick and painful rather than long and boring.

#39 Garett

Garett

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

One word: paladin. You'd be surprised how hard it is to pull aggro AoEing off a paladin once they get going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users