• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#1 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

back in my day, we tanked uphill in the snow

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

**NOTE** This version (2.3.6) contains many substantial changes to the model. It does not work how it used to work. The rotation button is now completely irrelevant, as the model will calculate ability usage depending on spec, talent points, and stats. This ability usage matches the commonly accepted play styles for the three specs, as defined in the main blood, frost, and unholy threads. Glyph of Disease is also supported in all of these systems. What this means for you is a more intuitive system in the future (options pane is now even more misleading since it's still there), and more accurate results now, as well as giving value to things like glyph of disease immediately, as well as death rune talents and epidemic. There are most probably some kinks to work out. If you don't like it, feel free to use 2.3.5, just note that 2.3.5 is much less accurate.
Also worth noting - if for some horrible reason you decide to use relative stat values (which you shouldn't because they are a woefully inaccurate system), there are now four custom RSV charts at different increments of item budget, because the new system resulted in less linear results as stats scale. This is especially noticeable on hit, expertise, and haste, as they all effect how your abilities fit in (by modifying the effective GCD for abilities, if you're wondering).

Rawr - Release: Rawr 2.3.6

Known Issues
Runeforges may be recommended strangely in DW setups; dual FC or dual razorice is not better than the common line of thought, rawr is just treating the buffs as stackable, when they are not. Go with what is known to be best here, virtually no gear setup will make it wrong.

Recent version history
Long-term Goals & Plans
* Implement talent+rotation comparisons such that comparing, say, an unholy spec to a blood spec will appropriately apply an unholy rotation (custom or default) to the unholy spec, and likewise for other talent specs and their associated rotation.
* Large redesign of rotation system handling to implement the upcoming boss handler system. This system will allow us to accurately model fights with partial AOE time (ie anub'arak), time not spent on target (ie icehowl), AMS soaking, and things of that nature. Hopefully, we'll also be able to implement a solver to automatically calculate ideal rotations for portions of fights, which will more accurately weight stats like haste and talents like reaping.

Major Changes in Progress
* Numbers for frost are currently inflated; this will be fixed when the new cycle system is finished. Yes, that's right, proper priority-based cycles! Less clunky and annoying rotation stuff! Rejoice! This system will start with frost first, and will then likely be spread to both unholy and blood, doing away entirely with the existing and annoying rotation system.

* Completely redesigned model to automatically select priority systems depending on spec, and then calculate exact ability usage over the course of a fight depending on talents and that spec's priority system.
* Fixed many calculation bugs

* Remodelled Cinderglacier, improved handling of damage done-triggered special effects, and tweaked various ability calculations to match in-game testing. Improved valuing of hit and expertise based on their affect on your rotation. Fix for offhand OB hits not procing rime. Fix for parsing of Sigil of the Hanged Man.

* No major changes.

* Deathbringer's Will implemented
* Sigil of the Hanged Man should finally parse and work correctly hopefully maybe

* Shadow portion of Scourge Strike can no longer critically hit.

* Fixed handling of special effects handling for stacking buffs with a trigger that never occurs.
* Performance improvements in special effects processing.

* Parsing support for Sigil of the Hanged Man added.

* All relevant 3.3 changes implemented.
* Default rotations updated.

* T10 set bonuses are listed in the all available buffs chart. PTR changes are in, but disabled. No major changes for DPSDK, generally.

* No major DPSDK changes.

* Fixed Sigil of Virulence processing.
* Improved accuracy for several trinket procs.
* Support for Trial of the Crusader trinkets, such as
* Improved support for physical damage multipliers. FI/swift retribution buffs now selectable.

* No major DPSDK changes in this release. Some of the new buffs (drums of the forgotten kings/wild, runescroll of fortitude) added.

* Fix for gargoyle haste scaling.
* Dirge no longer generating RP for Obliterate (3.2.2).
* Minor bug fixes in Killing Machine and rotation pushback due to dodged/missed specials.
* Fix for Nerves of Cold Steel providing spell hit.
* Fix for lost disease ticks being slightly miscounted.
* Updated default rotations.
* Accuracy improvements across the board.
* Many other minor bug fixes.
* All relevant 3.2.2 changes.

* No major changes in this release.

* Preliminary supercharged diseases for glyph of disease rotations.
* 3.2.2 ArPen change reverted for now
* Redesigned how disease ticks are accounted for
* Implemented new Glyph of Scourge Strike

* Fix for Glacier Rot bug
* Fix for ArP behaving strangely at or near the hard cap.
* Fix for OH frost strike hits not benefiting from KM.
* Missed attacks no longer can proc KM.
* First implementation of cooldown-stacking DRW. Currently, the only mode is all on-use trinkets/abilities plus whatever one proc is the most valuable; this proc's effect is listed in the mouseover for the DRW DPS. Clearly, this is not a flawless implementation, but the percentage of damage done isn't unreasonable, so it is a good place to start.

* Tier 9 set bonuses implemented
* Sigil of Virulence implemented
* Crit chance caps added to frost strike, howling blast, and icy touch
* KM proc usage percentage slider, to make it possible to better visualize the value of crit/agility/haste at various levels of KM efficiency (that is, how many KM procs you use versus how many KM procs get overwritten)
* Death's Choice and Death's Verdict support

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

STOP SHITTING UP THE THREAD MALAN

#2 Redknights

Redknights

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Set Name = "Kolitra's Battlegear" when it should be "Koltira's Battlegear". - This is causing not getting set bonuses.
You can use alliance or horde as long as they all are the same. Rawr defaults to all alliance, but if you update from the armory, you will have to go into that piece and update it back to alliance set name or change all pieces to horde.
To update set name, right click the item, then click edit, then change set name (which is right under name of the item) to Koltira's Battlegear.

#3 facelessmanchs

facelessmanchs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

In running Rawr on my own toon, I noticed that it kept "optimizing" my hit rating to around 244 instead of the magic number of 262. I do have the Virulence talent, but it is my understanding that this only affects hitting with spells. Am I missing something? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#4 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Keep in mind that maximum DPS does not necessarily mean hit-capped. Also, what sort of optimizer settings are you using? Are you optimizing for DPS Rating? Did you set any additional requirements, such as target miss %?

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

#5 facelessmanchs

facelessmanchs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:22 PM

I actually just used the default setting of "Overall Rating" when running it the first few times. Would it advisable to go by these settings? Or, should I require that hit rating be at least 262? I'm sure this is probably a petty detail, but I'm just trying to maximize what I have. Do you have certain requirement that you add to your Optimizer?

#6 Laraque

Laraque

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Even at values that are half of the hard cap, the latest version of Rawr is modeling ArPen very differently. Did you make additional changes to match the nerf that is currently on the test server?

#7 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

@facelessmanchs: I personally don't use the optimizer very often; I prefer to do comparisons by hand.

@Laraque: Yes, version 2.2.15 is using the post-3.2.2 armor penetration nerf.

#8 el-es-dee

el-es-dee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:52 AM

@facelessmanchs: being hit cap is not better then some upgrades.. STR is your biggest stat and usualy the only thing you socket for. Other pieces could be better for you that don't have hit simply because our runes don't go on cooldown when we don't hit our target.

#9 Narfherder

Narfherder

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

using optimization constraints...minimal nature resist, for example, results in an unhandled exception. I reported the issue in more detail in the rawr issue tracker:

Rawr - View Issue #14097: DPSDK Unhandled Exception when optimizing for resistance

#10 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, all forms of resistance as stats are completely untracked in the module, I have no idea who put them in the optimizer portion, but they've been removed.

#11 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

I don't see DW frost listed in the any of the upcoming changes, but it doesn't seem to model rime procs.

I have 0 HB specified in my rotation, as I can't assume how many I'll be able to do, and rawr is telling me HB will make up 52 dps for me. Do I need to make an assumption?

Also if I optimize my character, it's saying that Razorice/Razorice is better then FC/Razor, which goes against the other sims, but that may be related to my improper understanding of the model.

#12 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

I don't see DW frost listed in the any of the upcoming changes, but it doesn't seem to model rime procs.

I have 0 HB specified in my rotation, as I can't assume how many I'll be able to do, and rawr is telling me HB will make up 52 dps for me. Do I need to make an assumption?

Also if I optimize my character, it's saying that Razorice/Razorice is better then FC/Razor, which goes against the other sims, but that may be related to my improper understanding of the model.

DW frost is fully functional. Rime procs are automatically calculated based on the number of obliterates in the rotation, but I believe that right now it is producing a bit fewer than it should, because I think it only counts each obliterate once, meaning it is ignoring the ability to proc off of OH hits.

It is suggesting razorice/razorice because there is no way to flag in the model that the razorice debuff can only be applied once; it thinks that you can get a 20%+ frost damage debuff with such a combination, and there's currently no way around that in the model's design. Disregard the suggestion in favor of FC/RI.

#13 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the information.

In the default rotation for frost it's using pestilence, but not using IT/PS. Adding in IT/PS results in a dps gain, so I'm assuming it doesn't cast them automatically and attempt to roll them.

Also, was I correct in not specifying any HB in the defined rotation?

In an attempt to solve the razorice problem, can I somehow make it not available to the MH?

#14 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the information.

In the default rotation for frost it's using pestilence, but not using IT/PS. Adding in IT/PS results in a dps gain, so I'm assuming it doesn't cast them automatically and attempt to roll them.

Also, was I correct in not specifying any HB in the defined rotation?

In an attempt to solve the razorice problem, can I somehow make it not available to the MH?

the rotation represents a steady-state DPS rotation, and the default frost rotation assumes glyph of disease.

Yes, you were correct in not specifying any HB in the rotation.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to disable the enchant for the main-hand.

#15 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

So if it assumes glyph of disease, does it check to see if the diseases are up already before it tries to roll them? And if they aren't up, how does it handle that? As that would mean an extra BS instead of a pest and one less OB.

I only ask, as turning on GoD w/ pest was a dps loss compared to using glyph of IT/FS/OB and adding in IT/PS to the rotation.

#16 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

I know I asked for the Unholy rotation default to use Oblit instead of SS, however in 3.2.2 (which may be soon, my guess is the end of the month) SS without the disease timer increase is better. Also the Unholy rotation is different than before 3.2 due to shorter disease timer.

#17 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

I know I asked for the Unholy rotation default to use Oblit instead of SS, however in 3.2.2 (which may be soon, my guess is the end of the month) SS without the disease timer increase is better. Also the Unholy rotation is different than before 3.2 due to shorter disease timer.

Yep, I think the SVN version is already some form of SS-based rotation; if it's not, I'll switch it appropriately. Which of the SS-based rotations would you recommend for the default, as I've seen quite a few tossed around in the unholy thread; the 10-second one?

#18 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

Yep, I think the SVN version is already some form of SS-based rotation; if it's not, I'll switch it appropriately. Which of the SS-based rotations would you recommend for the default, as I've seen quite a few tossed around in the unholy thread; the 10-second one?

10 second one seems the best, and you can use rank 1 HoW (assuming you had SoE totem) for the RP gain each rotation:
PS - IT - SS - BS - BS - HoW - DC - DC

#19 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Big update today for 3.2.2 support and lots of general accuracy improvements and bug fixes. As always, looking for feedback!

#20 Redknights

Redknights

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Major improvement on accuracy. Just wanted to say thank you. I will go in and play with it more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users