Download link: Rawr - Release: Rawr 2.3.22

#222 Shazear

Shazear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

Rawr - Release: Rawr 2.3.23

* Defect 18551: Tempered Vis'kag was being filtered out. It didn't have it's proc parsed in SE. And I forgot to finish out all of the "CurrentHandHit" junk.
* No Specific Defect: Re working the order of certain things. Adding experimental switch so that I can stub off the new code without ruining the old. I don't believe it quite needs a full gut to get it working. But the rotation stuff is very expensive in certain situations so I need to re-work that for certain. Got the talent code ported over from TankDK and wrapped in experimental.
* Defect 18150: It wasn't that Razorice was under valued, which is what I'd thought all this time. Cinderglacier was over-valued because FS wasn't consuming both stacks of the cinderglacier buff. Results now more in-line with what I expect for DWFrost.
* Defect 18638: Provide optimizer options for Resilience and Spell Pen. Also provide UI element for Resistances.
* Defects 18430 & 18550: Fix for Multiple layered special effects. It was being parsed in the wrong order causing certain trinkets to be significantly over-valued.
* 18254: It's not completely fixed, but as much as I can given the current situation. For some reason outside buffs are still having an effect, and I believe it's a organizational problem in the code. Another example of where I need to get in there and have better separation between the tasks of the model.
* Defect 18631: Adding Fractured Rubies to templates in the case of stacking ArP is preferable to Str.
* No Defect: Restructure Relevant Stat code to remove duplicate, group things up by category and switch to bool rather than addition.
* Rawr3: Added a new flag for comparisons to show Partially Equipped, like Talents where you have points in it less than Max or You selected a Buff like Trueshot Aura and we can show that it conflicts with Unleashed Rage and Abomination's Might
* Rawr3: Added a new Chart comparing Talents from Max against Zero (most people put all the points into the talent, not just one or two, so now you can see what the full talent's value is)

#223 Grunge

Grunge

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:19 AM

Is Expertise from Rage of Rivendare / Tundra Stalker taken into account?
Since neither are displayed on the Stats page.
I'm at 24 Expertise (in Live / 19.71 in Rawr) it still shows items that would have more than 70% of their Expertise wasted as considerable upgrades.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.

#224 Shazear

Shazear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Is Expertise from Rage of Rivendare / Tundra Stalker taken into account?
Since neither are displayed on the Stats page.
I'm at 24 Expertise (in Live / 19.71 in Rawr) it still shows items that would have more than 70% of their Expertise wasted as considerable upgrades.

Yup... current code has Expertise factored in for both of those talents. Please post a defect in the issue tracker w/ your character XML included, and I'll be able to take a closer look.

#225 cota348

cota348

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

A quick question, I have a DKDPS and when looking for a upgrade it shows the same gear with different gems options.
In the forium under DK DPS they say to use Bodl Cardinal Ruby for strentgh but in the upgrade list it shows other gem combinations that provide higer numbers than the the strenght one.
Please explain.

#226 cota348

cota348

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Let me clarify my post, I run the latest version of RAWR on my DKDPS and look at posible upgrades for certain gear, depending on the gemming combination there at at least 2 possible entries on the list. One will be gemming everything with Bold Cardinal Ruby to maximize strentgh and another one that includes stamina or something else, which seems a better option since the numbers are higher than the strenght option one.

The question comes to my mind because in the forum under DK the suggestion is to gem everything with strenght
which seems to me contradicts what RWAR is suggesting.

#227 Grubsnik

Grubsnik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

You should never get better numbers with a +stam gem.
You might get a better result by swapping a single +20 str gem to a +10 str/+10 crit gem, if it will trigger a +6 str socket bonus, effectively making it a trade of 4 str for 10 crit rating.

This is why you sometimes see the "matching socket bonus" option providing more dps than the "pure str" option.

#228 Spuddelkopf

Spuddelkopf

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Well, you DO get better numbers with a +stam gem IF that causes the meta gem to get activated. But that should be best be done with a .

#229 Shazear_Rawr

Shazear_Rawr

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, getting your meta activated is sometimes worth more than the DPS bump given by going raw red gems. So while a pure blue +stam isn't the best option, it would be better than a broken meta. As mentioned above, use a Nightmare Tear or a dual-colored that would make sure your meta activates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users