• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#21 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

back in my day, we tanked uphill in the snow

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

Looks like something went wrong with transitioning the sigil parsing code to support the changes to Sigil of Virulence; for now, to make it work, right-click it, hit "add" under "special effects" and add an effect of 200 strength on DeathStrikeHit/ObliterateHit/ScourgeStrikeHit with duration = 20, cooldown = 10, chance = 80, and stacks = 1. The effect is handled correctly in the model, something's just gone wrong with the wowhead/wowarmory parsing of the sigil.

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

STOP SHITTING UP THE THREAD MALAN

#22 elf-boy

elf-boy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

Thank you for the time and effort producing this wonderful tool.

I have a question about the trinket "vengeance of the forsaken."

Is it modeled correctly? I don't see anything referring to the click ability and am not sure the rated DPS is correct. Is there something I can do to fix this? Or help out with the process of double checking the numbers?

#23 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Vengeance of the Forsaken isn't implemented for DPSDK yet, as its behavior is pretty unusual and unique. For now, you can manually assign it an on-use attack power buff; to do so, open the trinket in the item editor, add a special effect for on-use with duration = 20, cooldown = 120, and some reasonable amount of attack power; for a two-handed spec, I'd guess 85-90% of maximum stack value, for DW frost, I'd guess 90-95% of maximum stack value (maximum stack value is 1075 for nonheroic version and 1250 for heroic version). I'm planning on getting a proper handling of the effect in before the next release.

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

#24 Gearbox

Gearbox

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

It looks like someone has updated the Vengeance of the Forsaken to recognize the On-Use when you choose to "Refresh" from the Armory. Still no stats from Wowhead when you choose that route. I too am interested in seeing how it parlays against Mirror of Truth as they are the two that I see being compared on a regular basis now.

#25 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

New version up, Sigil of Virulence parsing is fixed, and Vengeance of the Forsaken/similar trinkets are working now. Some general accuracy improvements, too. As always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

#26 Gearbox

Gearbox

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

In my .19 version, the gear comparison for a DPSDK for my head slot shows as a BIS upgrade from my current gearset. In .20, it doesn't seem to show anywhere, unless I adjust the filters and check the "ALL" box. I havent had to do this before, and really don't want it evaluating all options, but am at a loss as to where that particular helm went to, and what other things might have poofed away.

--EDIT--

As was stated below, this was hotfixed. Looks like the "Special Currency" filter was inadvertently removed for items purchased with badges.

#27 sirpwnalot

sirpwnalot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

My updated version is
(fixed)

#28 Gearbox

Gearbox

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

Big Improvements That Are In Active Development But Might Not Be In the Next Release
* Preliminary cooldown stacking support for DRW and gargoyle
* Supercharged diseases for pestilence/Glyph of Disease rotations

When you do get around to tweaking the buffed diseases for GoD rotations, will that take into account the 4pt9 bonus as well? Curious to see if it will show the set chestpiece topping the Titanium Razorplate in some situations due to the potential for critical ticks.

Thanks for the great work so far!

#29 Gearbox

Gearbox

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

My updated version is all messed up. It doesn't show any iLVL 258 gear, and it seems all my Gear is BiS Which I know isn't factual.

You can do what I did and go to Filters>All and make sure that is checked. Not sure what was changed, and even though that made my lists huge, the information I wanted was still at the top with the higher iLvl gear.

#30 sirpwnalot

sirpwnalot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:24 AM

I have enabled everything, but I am not getting my dragon's eye jewlcrafting gems available from the "equip custom gemming" window.

#31 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

When you do get around to tweaking the buffed diseases for GoD rotations, will that take into account the 4pt9 bonus as well? Curious to see if it will show the set chestpiece topping the Titanium Razorplate in some situations due to the potential for critical ticks.

Thanks for the great work so far!

Yes, the goal is for all stats that roll with the diseases to be taken into account for both disease damage and things like 4T9. Currently, GoD rotations (and DRW) are using a pretty simple approach to maximum stats, which is to use all on-use effects (trinkets, UA, things like that) combined with whichever one proc results in the highest damage for the given ability. Unfortunately, this doesn't account for the rather frequent cases of multiple strong procs occurring at the same time (ie pretty much any proc plus FC plus Sigil of Virulence), which will result in a slight undervaluing in these circumstances. Note that the current GoD implementation is not rolling crit values for 4T9, which will result in crit being somewhat undervalued. Note that none of this impacts gargoyle calculations currently, as I'm putting that off until I can nail down some other issues with gargoyle; namely, in-game they seem to cast quite a bit fewer gargoyle strikes than they should; over their 30 second duration, I'm regularly getting just ten gargoyle strikes per usage with zero haste equipped, when I should be getting closer to 15. As such, I need to do more thorough testing to better account for this; it seems as though the gargoyle spends the first 5-6 seconds just flying up before it starts casting, but that doesn't fully account for the total ten seconds of cast time that seem to be disappearing.

In regards to filters, I actually know embarrassingly little about them; questions or issues with them can be competently answered in the main rawr thread (http://elitistjerks....eleased_10_6_a/).

#32 Bulldasious

Bulldasious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:45 AM

I just got 2.2.20 and it shows the gear I am wearing on top in every slot. The best gear is not on the list. Do I need to update the cache from amory or am I just missing something simple.

#33 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

Check your filters; there was a release that was (briefly) up that had most of them disabled, apparently. You can either enable relevant ones, or just enable the ALL filter.

#34 Conq[SUN]

Conq[SUN]

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:07 AM

I have enabled everything, but I am not getting my dragon's eye jewlcrafting gems available from the "equip custom gemming" window.

Had same problem. You have to go to Filters -> Options -> Disable BoP Jewelcrafting (Uncheck it).
It seem checking ALL in filters does not influence these "Options" settings.

On another note. Where can I find discussions on the tankDK-module?

#35 Laraque

Laraque

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

I believe that DC and IT use the spell GDC rather then the melee GCD. While both have a base of 1.5 seconds, haste will shorten the spell GCD. Therefore I have 2 questions:

1) Does Rawr take this into account when calculating the value of haste for us?

2) Can the Rotation Viewer function take this into account when calculating the duration of a rotation?

While I do not think we will ever have enough haste to get down to the 1 second spell GCD cap, I do think we can shorten a 10.5 second rotation down to a 10 second rotation...which will probably be a larger factor with the next tier of gear when we get a buff for having all our runes on cooldown.

#36 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

I believe that DC and IT use the spell GDC rather then the melee GCD. While both have a base of 1.5 seconds, haste will shorten the spell GCD. Therefore I have 2 questions:

1) Does Rawr take this into account when calculating the value of haste for us?

2) Can the Rotation Viewer function take this into account when calculating the duration of a rotation?

While I do not think we will ever have enough haste to get down to the 1 second spell GCD cap, I do think we can shorten a 10.5 second rotation down to a 10 second rotation...which will probably be a larger factor with the next tier of gear when we get a buff for having all our runes on cooldown.

Calculations take it into account, but due to a software limitation, the rotation viewer cannot display it. The program dynamically calculates actual rotation duration based on presence, haste, and avoided rune-based attacks (which it treats as always worth repeating). Unfortunately, the rotation viewer can't take this into account.

The 4T10 bonus will almost certainly be treated as a flat 3% damage increase, as uptime will almost certainly be 100% for virtually all specs.

#37 Daeluin

Daeluin

Purveyor of Cursed Seals

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

At some point I was in the same situation as a previous poster where it was suggested by Rawr that Razorice/Razorice was a better enchant setup, which I realized must be wrong, and in fact it was due to the model thinking you could have 2 stacks of RI. That stopped, but now it is suggesting FC/FC. I know that dual FC will give you better uptime, though I am wondering if dual FC is being handled correctly by Rawr, since at a glance it seems to be giving an inordinate amount of dps gain for FC offhand. Any clarification on FC/FC modeling?

#38 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

At some point I was in the same situation as a previous poster where it was suggested by Rawr that Razorice/Razorice was a better enchant setup, which I realized must be wrong, and in fact it was due to the model thinking you could have 2 stacks of RI. That stopped, but now it is suggesting FC/FC. I know that dual FC will give you better uptime, though I am wondering if dual FC is being handled correctly by Rawr, since at a glance it seems to be giving an inordinate amount of dps gain for FC offhand. Any clarification on FC/FC modeling?

I actually just did a lot of testing around weapon enchants for the new simulator tool that I'm working on (see this post here for more details: http://elitistjerks....75/#post1422250, the link to the simulator itself is: Team Robot WoW Simulator).

My simulator also does gear comparisons similar to rawr, but I use a different technique. Nevertheless, I'm sure that they have run into similar problems with weapon enchants:

If you average out the FC proc, you get nearly 100% up-time (if you don't do super-crazy statistics stuff). In practice though, the randomness will cause it to drop off here and there. Thus, when I do my DPS estimates, I get a very low estimate for putting a 2nd FC enchant on, because it doesn't increase the up-time, if at all. In the actual simulation, you get a little more of a boost than the estimate says.

Nevertheless, running with FC/FC doesn't do much for you. You're always better off with Razorice or Cinderglacier on the OH for any DW spec.

I actually ran a bunch of simulations with just razorice, dual razorice, just cinderglacier, and dual cinderglacier, for both frost DW and unholy DW specs. I use that cached data to estimate the value of weapon enchants, and with no contest, it came out to:

frost DW: FC/Razorice
unholy DW: FC/Cinderglacier

#39 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:50 AM

Rawr is handling all of the weapon enchant proc effects as stackable, which is clearly problematic, as it doesn't reflect the diminshed value of the second FC enchant or the greatly diminished value of a second razorice enchant. It's something I'd like to fix eventually, but since runeforges are practically a given for the DW specs, it's pretty low priority.

#40 Dev93L

Dev93L

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

I hope this is not a stupid question, I've searched every thread I could think of to search. How accurately does Rawr model set bonuses?

As an example, I have a DW DK, 0/53/18. I have 4 piece T7. I have enough badges to purchase the T9 shoulders.

Rawr evaluated these shoulders as only a 6 unbuffed DPS upgrade, despite the new shoulders having almost 60 more attack power, more hit, crit, etc. I tried the correct color gem to make sure it was not breaking my meta, and so on.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I sincerely apologize if so. Maybe the 4t7 is a lot better than I originally thought. I know I do throw a lot of Frost Strikes out, but since I'm usually capped on RP until I go to dump, I couldn't imagine it making that big of a difference.

I have not done an in depth buffed dps analysis yet, as I am in a new guild and unsure about exactly what buffs will be provided. I hope that does not totally invalidate my findings. I'm (obviously) new to the tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users