• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

Druids are obviously not actually meant to spend talent points as it always makes some nosey bastard from another realm and guild angry that you've specced "incorrectly".

#62 Nasq

Nasq

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:23 AM

I have had more bad experiences with people who simply sucked at the role tailored to them, than people not excelling in the one they were determined to do.
At least our feral druids and shadow priests never let us down to do pvp like I have seen a couple of rogues and off-warriors do. And though the bear might not be as good as the def-warrior at tanking the boss, he saves us one off-warrior bitching about having to tank adds.
So I hope there is still room for them in Naxx. I couldn't stand loosing some really nice people just because someone decided min/maxing to be the only way to progress.

#63 saramin

saramin

King Hippo

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:56 AM

Druids are obviously not actually meant to spend talent points as it always makes some nosey bastard from another realm and guild angry that you've specced "incorrectly".

I make a point of making sure that the spell which kills every lolferal kiddie that duels me is insect swarm. I bleed them dry of mana over 10 minutes if I have to rather than finish them off with something else. It's a matter of principle.

#64 Rarek

Rarek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:22 AM

I make a point of making sure that the spell which kills every lolferal kiddie that duels me is insect swarm. I bleed them dry of mana over 10 minutes if I have to rather than finish them off with something else. It's a matter of principle.

Then again, if 2 druids know what they are doing a duel can last hours. 2 shaman in my guild dueled for 3 hours straight non-stop.

Its funny when you find a moonfire spammer though. Such a good spell!

#65 Guest_Adalys_*

Guest_Adalys_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

Then again, if 2 druids know what they are doing a duel can last hours. 2 shaman in my guild dueled for 3 hours straight non-stop.

Its funny when you find a moonfire spammer though. Such a good spell!

Most moonfire spammers do it wrong. If you must spam moonfire, start with rank 9, then drop to rank 8, that way the tick from rank 9 doesn't keep getting reset

On a lighter note: Old but good druid funny - http://www.thefaithf...tos/photo3.html

#66 saramin

saramin

King Hippo

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

Most moonfire spammers do it wrong. If you must spam moonfire, start with rank 9, then drop to rank 8, that way the tick from rank 9 doesn't keep getting reset

Never, ever do that again.

#67 Moos3d

Moos3d

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

Are there any shadow priests here who have done Thaddius? I would be interested to hear how well shadow priests perform on that fight.

#68 Guest_Adalys_*

Guest_Adalys_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

I don't. Dealing with Feragho/Conquix cured me of any desire to ever spam moofnire ( apart from my rank 1 totem killer macro)

#69 saramin

saramin

King Hippo

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

I don't. Dealing with Feragho/Conquix cured me of any desire to ever spam moofnire ( apart from my rank 1 totem killer macro)

Nah, I meant the posting thereof. If you nurture a moonfire spammer's ego with advice it only encourages them.

I still remember Ferahgo's videos, back when 9/11/31 was the "dps" spec and leather with +heal was practically unheard of. Good times.

#70 Guest_Adalys_*

Guest_Adalys_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

Nah, I meant the posting thereof. If you nurture a moonfire spammer's ego with advice it only encourages them.

I still remember Ferahgo's videos, back when 9/11/31 was the "dps" spec and leather with +heal was practically unheard of. Good times.

I concede your point. Still, I can't help but feel that if you're going to do something... lame... cheesy... whatever, atleast do it somewhat effectively.

#71 Dianora

Dianora

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hello fellow raiders,

I'm wondering how other guilds/raids deal with "non-standard" specced classes.

1. Do you have any Shadow Priests in your raid? Does it help to have one, for added Warlock DPS?

Shadowpriest still heals on non-farm content. When healing isn't an issue, they can go dps.

2. Do you have any Bear Tanks? Do they tank raid bosses?

Our best gear Restoration Druid also happened to have the best druid tanking gear (she has a much higher attandence). Bear tank for Giant Claw when no warriors are nearby.

3. Do you have any Cats? Would you take a Cat over a Rogue? Why (not)?

We have 1 DPS druid who's in cat form almost always. He's good for backup healing and battle resurrection.

4. Do you have any Moonkin? Does the +3% spellcrit aura compensate for the lower DPS?

No moonkin.

5. Do you have any Protection Paladins? Do they actually tank Big Stuff?

Protection Paladin is mainly for the extra buff they provide. Unless a Paladin went for Reckoning build, mot Paladin don't have Blessing of Sanctuary, which is a nice buff for AoE intensive fight against many mobs.
Posted Image

#72 Galadrial

Galadrial

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

We dont have any feral druid/mooking or useless stuff like that...

But we DO have a shadow priest,most of the time he outdps Locks and most classes,on boss kills on nax he is on top 5,he heals his grp for like 150hp/second. He has like ~+ 600 dmg,4/5 tier 2.5 set. He has access to all the +dmg loot he is intrested ,he even gets innervates during boss fights... He isnt a healer doing dmg,he is a Damage dealer and he is damn good at what he does...Ofcourse all other priests are heal bots,and thats what they wanna be really,and dont have access to +dmg items mages /locks actually need.

#73 Romp

Romp

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:18 PM

We have at least 1 or 2 feral druids and shadow priests, depending on what people are specced any one time. there are a number of encounters where off specs can be really useful.

Eg:
C'thun:
-shadow priest, silence on big/small eyes, shadow vuln during weaken phase to help warlock dps.
-feral druid, can heal in stage 1 then switch into tanking or dps gear in stage 2 since you can get out of combat.

Ouro:
-shadow priest, for debuff and dps on Ouro, since it's mainly a ranged dps fight. Vampiric embrace for a mage group also helps if you have casters taking sandblasts.
-feral druid tank, can feral charge straight back in after a sweep

Noth:
-shadow priest: for dps, much more of a dps fight than a healing fight, and you can drop dots on all the adds which makes for very nice dps, plus you can shackle when needed.
-feral druid: probably the one fight where a feral druid might be considered better than a warrior for tanking. Feral charge is great for picking up Noth after a blink.

Maexxna:
-shadow priest: in the MT group for vampiric embrace on the MT during web spray.

Faerlina:
-feral druid: tank an add at the start, then once it's been mind controlled you can cure poison, plus throw someone a combat res and an innervate if needed. Probably better than a warrior, who once his add has been MC'd dps's in tanking gear.

So it's not like it's never optimal to have a shadow priest or a feral druid. I can't think of any fight where you a moonkin would be optimal though. Spell crit for a group of ignite fire mages maybe..... or not.

#74 Kruthal

Kruthal

Information Overload

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:27 PM

Just as a reply to everyone who says Paladins don't tank anything after their review:
http://core.matris.org/?q=node/16

If you can't be bothered to click the link without knowing what it is, it's a video of "Ed" a (legendary =P) paladin of <Core> on Stormscale EU main-tanking Patchwerk, from initial pull to kill.

And if my profile isn't looking good, please tell me. My first post here, long time reader though.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the BB-Team.

#75 nikitabanana

nikitabanana

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

Are there any shadow priests here who have done Thaddius? I would be interested to hear how well shadow priests perform on that fight.

Don't really dps in p1 (dot / wand ), unload in p2, finish top 10ish dps, #1 effective healing (After overheal is removed). I'm always in the MT group. I eliminate the need for any group healing to be done to that particular group and achieve ~900hps to the MT alone, which is effectively a lower end 2.5s rank5 gheal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users